Pack Nine

Tagged: 

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    Gowolves
    Participant

Haven’t seen a lot about the diamond this year. I guess you could say its part poor baseball play and basketball depression.

The Pack are up 4-1 tonight and have a chance to take the series after a 3-2 win last night on some sloppy but exciting play. The pack are in the ACC tournament and should be a lock for the the NCAA if they win tonight, if they are not already. The latest win streak has put them in a good position and salvaged their season. The bats have been scorching!

Wufpacker, Cowdog, please chime in. Always good to hear some baseball knowledge.

Gowolves
    Participant

Putting the hammer to the Tigers! Inside the park grand slam! Hope the centerfielder is ok?

7 runs in the bottom of the eighth to blow it open..

Pack78
    Participant

Pack9 currently pasting the Tigs 12-2 in the 8th in game 2-go for the sweep tomorrow and jumping Clemmons in the standings…

Gowolves
    Participant

Don’t get why Avent came into the 9th with O’Donnell. He sat too long during the eight.

Gowolves
    Participant

Damn, this bull pen!

Pack78
    Participant

12-10 final after giving up 8 in the top of the 9th-still bring the brooms tomorrow.

Greywolf
    Participant

We were warned it was too early to give up. Was Avent fired? If not how in the world did the Pack turn the season around? I hope this good play continues and we learn something about not throwing in the towel before the fat lady sings.

4in12
    Participant

I would love to see some statistics on our performance vs. temperature. It sure seems to me that our team is a hot weather team. That would help explain the BC series. And before anyone jumps on me about anecdotal evidence, that’s why I said “I would love to see some statistics”.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Would have loved to rewatch some games from that series as I didn’t get to see any live. Too bad espn3 is such crap for me.

TheCOWDOG

I would love to see some statistics on our performance vs. temperature. It sure seems to me that our team is a hot weather team. That would help explain the BC series. And before anyone jumps on me about anecdotal evidence, that’s why I said “I would love to see some statistics”.

4in12. There’s nothing wrong with the weather hypotheses, at all.
    However, what I think the more likely is the constant lineup juggling done in the first half of ACC play, when it should be rather settled by the end of March.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

^This. Musical chairs all over again. Bats are swinging it. Some of the Jrs who had off seasons, at least compared to last year, look a little more comfortable and confident at the plate. If we can get 6-7 of solid pitching on the front end, we can possibly make some noise. Late season push has up from one of the last projected #3 seeds in a regional to one of the lower $2 seeds, and probably headed to Corvallis unless we can beat the baby blues and BC this week. Lose to BC again and the Holes, and we may fall to a 3 again depending on movement in other tournaments.

Pack78
    Participant

Step 1 is in the books-Pack beats BC 6-1 in the ACCT.

wolfpackdawg
    Participant

The Holes own us in big baseball games ?

Gowolves
    Participant

Pack is serving up a plethora of hits and not even out of the first. Pretty ugly for the red team.

Fastback68
    Participant

Baseball tonight. Anybody going to the game

Gowolves
    Participant

Not there but watching intently. Pack gets on the board first. 1-0 top of the first. 1 out.

Gowolves
    Participant

This pitcher loves the off speed stuff.

Gowolves
    Participant

Wufpacker, come out tonight. Please.

Gowolves
    Participant

The camera man just took a foul ball from Mendoza. He went down hard. Praying he is ok. Doesn’t look good.

Fastback68
    Participant

Still 1-0? Having a hard time getting coverage.

Fastback68
    Participant

Got it, IU 3-2

Gowolves
    Participant

Johnny got yanked in the first inning. Both teams have settled down some. This is park is definitely hitter friendly. I bet both teams combined have at least 5 doubles so far and its only the top of the third inning.

Gowolves
    Participant

Boy, that looked like he pulled off first before the ball got there.

Gowolves
    Participant

Beckman started great and now he walks two in a row. Get it down son.

Gowolves
    Participant

Wilson hits two run home run to tie up in the top of the fourth. 4-4. Nobody on and no outs. Indiana pitcher has been leaving pitches up all night and Wilson took him deep. Man on first got on with a single to center.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 105 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.