Opening CFB Weekend

Home Forums All StateFansNation Opening CFB Weekend

Tagged: 

Viewing 19 posts - 26 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Pack78
    Participant

Kaylee Harting. Yes!!

Yeah-I’m an old married guy now,but, back in the day, if Kaylee had been around and wanted to go out, Ida done her a favor (LOL)…

JohnGalt78
    Participant

Love the critical penalties against the cheaters. This is what happens when your cheating a$$e$ get caught, flagged and penalized for breaking the rules….you don’t win. Couldn’t be happier this morning reading about their complete breakdown, losing their cool, the hat included! Sweet sweet justice. If only the uNCAA would throw their flag.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Funny, about 7 or 8 years ago, I watched Clemson at Auburn play in auburn…at that moment, I was totally ok with my son not playing football. Watching this game tonight, I feel the same way.

Chop it’s been over 12 hours and I still don’t know what you meant by that.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

File under: miscellaneous, useless football trivia . . .

Some folks talking about “upsets”, but . . .
    Of the top 20 games yesterday… only two “visiting teams” Won their games . . .

Clempson at Auburn
    Georgia v. Holes, yes . . . in the Georgia Dome, Atlanta

That’s all!

———————

Now . . . that don’t have a damn thing to do with what happens in Pitt County next Saturday.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    choppack1
    Participant

Plywood – these 2 teams really get after it. Both of them – something about the night time game that kicks it up an extra notch.

TheCOWDOG

Ply…It’s been 12 yrs, not hours, since I suggested Chops put a golf club in the hands of his first born.
    Ain’t that just about right, Chops?

choppack1
    Participant

’tis cowdog. Unfortunately /fortunately, the boy likes his bike. Which seems innocent on the surface, but although you won’t hear many talking about, ain’t much more dangerous for little boys and middle-aged men than one of those. My boy has the er bill to prove it.

But yea cow, I love the game…but it is absolutely brutal, especially early (when everyone is “fresh” / “springy”.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Haha, I took an endo just a few weeks ago, right over the bars of my mountain bike after a steep drop gone awry. Nothing really hurt but my pride, brought home a shiner for proof. My wife wonders what the hell I’m doing, but damn it’s great exercise in the hilly wilds of BC – what could be better?

Maybe you’re talking about the motorized variety? I had my share of crashes on those too, escaped relatively unscathed due to my flexible wrestler’s bod 🙂

There’s always something.

BTW great end to the Texas/ND game. Charlie was Strong.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

There are few constants in the world of college football and one of those constants is that the media consistently overrates and over hypes Notre Dame.

choppack1
    Participant

Wow. That was crazy. Dalvin Cooke drops the ball on the 3. FSU has to settle for a FG.

And I have lost any respect for Jimbo. I think he is in fedora’s league.

Fastback68
    Participant

Lots of camera shots of fans enjoying an ice cold beer at several games this weekend. Mmmmm.

Since74
    Participant

What I saw this weekend:
    *NC and ND can be run on.
    We have a few horses in the stable.
    Who knows?

Adventuroo
    Participant

Wonder what kind of speech (or antics) that Jimbo did at half time. Bobby Knight’s “look at this trick” comes to mind. Whatever it was, either they spiked Ole Miss’ Gatorade or whatever.

UNC goes to Seminole land on October 1. That should be an interesting match.

Our path is going to finally get tested in early October. Who KNOWS….6 & 6 should be the floor and 10 & 2 should be the ceiling. Whole lot of FB in between those two numbers.

Greywolf
    Participant

Our path is going to finally get tested in early October. Who KNOWS….6 & 6 should be the floor and 10 & 2 should be the ceiling. Whole lot of FB in between those two numbers.

At this point in our season IMO this is exactly the way for Wolfpack fans to be. We’ve seen too much to be anything less than 6-6 and too little to be 10-2 yet 10-2 is possible with what we have seen.

I’m compromising at 8-4 which is the average between the 2 and which Joe Giglio predicted in one of his columns. Rather bold for a media guy to do publicly I’d say.

choppack1
    Participant

ECU game is huge in this regard. Get out of Greenville with a “W” – and it sets up an October that a lot of folks will be watching. Would love to play Notre Dame undefeated.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Not REALLY the CFB kickoff week….but do not want to start a separate forum….

May have to revised my W-L prognostication for State. Louisville is having its way with Syracuse. Don’t know if Petrino is that good (when he focuses on FB and not how virile he is going to be with his young Honey (whislt riding a Harley – or her). BUT, the Card’s O has been unbelievable. Is Cuse that “under coached”. Unbelievable first quarter and Cuse seems to be more confused than a certain political candidate about her emails and what “C” in the margins means….

Cuse is down (as of this post) by 3 TD’s….and the Cards have seemingly scored at will.

choppack1
    Participant

Yea. The ‘ville looked real good last night. Supposedly, they have some studs on D too. I do wonder how their qb would like getting hit. See cam Newton, it takes a toll.

BassPacker
    Participant

The Ville look scary good. Obviously the team to beat in our division. Will b interesting match up for team against FSU. Amazing what some coaches (Petrino) do with a program in 2 yrs opposed to some needing 5 or more.

Texpack
    Participant

The Ville look scary good. Obviously the team to beat in our division. Will b interesting match up for team against FSU. Amazing what some coaches (Petrino) do with a program in 2 yrs opposed to some needing 5 or more.

In fairness I think you have to take note of the talent and success level that Charlie Strong handed off the Petrino. This was not even close to a rebuilding job.

Viewing 19 posts - 26 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.