One of these is not like the other (& Cat Barber cleared to play)

Home Forums All StateFansNation One of these is not like the other (& Cat Barber cleared to play)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    StateFans
    Keymaster

Cat Barber averages 12.1 points and 3.81 assists per game. He is averaging 16.0 points over the last 11 games. pic.twitter.com/eSgNg4INEh— Pack
    [See the full post at: One of these is not like the other (& Cat Barber cleared to play)]

Wulfpack
    Participant

followed by the pick that dropped Barber in the open court and was not ruled a foul.

It wasn’t a foul. That thing was set a mile away. That one was on us. Gotta help each other out.

StateFans
    Keymaster

It was ABSOLUTELY NOT A FOUL.

The point wasn’t that it was a foul. The point was that neither was the other one that was called (and for an important 5th foul).

I guess I should’ve made that point more clear in the original post. I will go back and do it.

ncsu1987
    Participant

Yes, the point is that both defenders did EXACTLY the same thing. Neither was perfectly set, both braced their arms for impact. One was called a foul, the other wasn’t. In both cases, to the benefit of the ACC blue team.

BJD95
    Keymaster

There was also, obviously, more of a legitimate basketball purpose to the screen that ND set. Wasn’t a foul, but a total DICK MOVE, from a program one expects such DICK MOVES from. Coach K Klass, everyone.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Gotcha. Agreed on the inconsistencies.

Coach Abatemarco
    Participant

Ok. My prayer for cat barber was answered so here it goes. Lets pray for a draw on sunday that leads to a deep nc state run. It does not need to be what draw we want just the draw that will lead us on a magical run. Oh yeah and is it too much to ask to give the irish some luck tonight. I have a feeling they are going to need it. So glad cat is healthy and not just from basketball perspective.

Die hard state fan from the crystal coast!

ncstate85
    Participant

And the reason it was such a dick move is
    because his legs were spread further than his
    shoulders – could have been called a foul

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

Abu missed the callout, but setting a screen that far up at that point of the game was completely unnecessary.

I am also looking forward to the day Krzyzewski retires, because the new coach won’t have the same intimidation factor with the refs. Duke will suffer a couple of extra losses a year based on that alone.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.