Ncsu leads high point by one

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Ncsu leads high point by one

Viewing 18 posts - 76 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    wolfpack92owen
    Participant

Taking out this year, are you really trying to argue that we have not been a bubble team 3 out of the 4 years?

Seriously?

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

I don’t know what to tell you. I guess you can take that up with the selection committee. I’m simply presenting you with facts. I don’t consider a #8 seed to be on the bubble. 2 of Gott’s 4 trips to the NCAA he’s had the team a #8 seed. I credit that to his scheduling prowess, but I’m sure you’ll find a way to sheeyat on that as well.

Rick
    Keymaster

I guess it’s a good thing we have those awesome eighth seeds to look back on given how this year is going so far.

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

I don’t know what to tell you. I guess you can take that up with the selection committee. I’m simply presenting you with facts. I don’t consider a #8 seed to be on the bubble. 2 of Gott’s 4 trips to the NCAA he’s had the team a #8 seed. I credit that to his scheduling prowess, but I’m sure you’ll find a way to sheeyat on that as well.

For the sake of the argument, so with multiple top 10 recruiting classes an 8th seed is the high water mark? I think you just made my point.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

lol you think Gott’s had multiple top 10 recruiting classes? Where are you getting this garbage?

I think I’m done chatting with ya, bud.

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

lol you think Gott’s had multiple top 10 recruiting classes? Where are you getting this garbage?

I think I’m done chatting with ya, bud.

I dont fault you for it. At all, when face with adversity and defeat many of man have simply retreated. Look at the rankings and tell if Gott has had top tier recruiting classes. Simple exercise.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant
    wolfpack92owen
    Participant

so between 2012-2014 we averaged a #12 class in the nation and the best we could do is an 8 seed. I rest my case.

Keep trying sparky

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

You were dead wrong about multiple top ten recruiting classes from Gott.

We made two sweet 16s with those 3 highest rated classes actually playing on the court despite some attrition.

Thanks for coming out though! Seriously.

Rick
    Keymaster

Guess you want me to do the research for you?

2015: Not even in top 25 (http://www.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=9&c=14&cfg=bb&yr=2015)
    2014: #20 (http://www.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=9&c=14&cfg=bb&yr=2014)
    2013: #12 (http://www.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=9&c=14&cfg=bb&yr=2013)
    2012: #5 (http://www.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=9&c=14&cfg=bb&yr=2012)
    2011: Not even in top 25 (http://www.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=9&c=14&cfg=bb&yr=2011)

Have a nice evening!

Is this the upward trajectory you were referring to earlier?

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Well even with just the PG to date the 2016 team recruiting rankings has us at #20 in the nation. That’s better than not in the top 25 at all compared to 2015. So I’d say that’s an emphatic YES!

You guys are free to look this stuff up too you know. It’s public information.

By the way, you guys don’t go off’ing yourselves, okay! Promise me that?

Rick
    Keymaster

Well even with just the PG to date the 2016 team recruiting rankings has us at #20 in the nation. That’s better than not in the top 25 at all compared to 2015. So I’d say that’s an emphatic YES!

You guys are free to look this stuff up too you know. It’s public information.

By the way, you guys don’t go off’ing yourselves, okay! Promise me that?

You have an interesting definition of upward trajectory.
    BTW I did look up stuff. Like all the players that keep leaving our upward moving program. A rather extensive list but they missed all the accolades that come with multiple eighth seed status.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

do we think NC State is in a good place right now to be in the market for a coaching search (when we have a “B+” in hand)?

It doesn’t really matter what “we” think. The coaching fraternity has answered it pretty plainly during the last two BB coaching searches. Right or wrong, NC State is not considered a desirable coaching destination. We can speculate about the reasons, but there is no reason to think that the overall opinion of State has changed.

MG’s not to the level of HWSNBN, Amato, or TOB. He’s still working extremely hard, and creatively. He’s not burning bridges or alienating people that would create a “clear and present danger” if something isn’t done to staunch the bleeding immediately.

Based on the last two coaching searches, there is absolutely no reason to think that State could do better right now.

Rick
    Keymaster

Based on the last two coaching searches, there is absolutely no reason to think that State could do better right now.

Unfortunately I agree with this statement.

tractor57
    Participant

Rick I agree as well but maybe from a slightly different slant. As a program we are better than the Lowe years and marginally better than with that other guy. Is that enough? No in my opinion but at this point replacing the head coach yet again is more likely to be a downgrade than an upgrade. It might come to doing that but I think not quite there yet.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I would say more than marginally better than HWSNBN, but not yet where I want to be. Acceptable (but with the potential to fall below that, I can certainly see the danger signs, I’m not obtuse).

Like it or not, the brand has been damaged badly. To his credit, MG has restored it somewhat. THANK GOD. But the only way the brand looks acceptable at all in the near future is if MG gets a HIGHER job, and a new AD (who hasn’t said damaging things about the attractiveness of coaching men’s basketball at NC State AND isn’t on the precipice of retirement) is leading the search.

That’s what I mean by dominoes slotting. Otherwise, get ready to grab your ankles.

That’s why I’m willing to let this play out. Don’t see much downside to waiting, and almost no upside to blowing it up now (or soon).

phcqmfd
    Participant

Say what you want, he is a massive upgrade from the wood chopper. We at least play a challenging schedule and have won multiple times against our rivals to the west, something the chopper could never do.

tractor57
    Participant

Upgrade yes. Massive? Time will tell how much but no doubt better. Today while driving I was turning this over in my mind – no doubt the best since Valvano. Maybe along the lines of a Maravich. Case, Sloan and V were better for their times. I think V could excel today not as sure about Sloan with his style of player management. I’m not entirely happy but I see the risk as being great if we were to blow the current system up by buying out Gott.

Viewing 18 posts - 76 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.