NC State’s quiet build

Home Forums StateFans Basketball NC State’s quiet build

Tagged: 

Viewing 19 posts - 26 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    redisgood
    Participant

Omer Yurtseven is currently playing in the FIBA U20 championships. Omer is 18 and playing in an older age group. He will also be participating in the U18 championship next month.

The U20 games are streamed live, and I watched his game against Germany Sunday. They had a huge late game comeback and Omer was a key part of it. For the game he had something like 14 points, 5 rebounds, 3 blocks, 3 assists, and 2 steals. He hurt his hand early in the 2nd half and was out quite a while getting it taped up. He is quick, great footwork, and soft hands. Also good vision and a very good passer. I can see why there is so much excitement about him coming. Abu and Yurtseven up front is going to be a handful for anyone.

Gottfried was in Finland for Omer’s games. He said he is offering his support, but I suspect he is just making sure there is no last second change of heart. I think Omer will be coming to Raleigh right after the U18.

I also listened to a radio segment that had Will Roach. Will said he recently played some games with Dennis Smith, and Dennis is the best player he’s ever seen come through the Dail center. That includes all the UNC guys and John Wall.

Could be a special year. (or not)

redisgood
    Participant

Omer had 11 points, 12 rebounds, and 3 blocks in 18 minutes in yesterday’s U20 Euro championship quarterfinal against Italy. Another thing I like about Omer’s game is his willingness and ability to find the open man when the defense collapses around him. Our wings are going to love that.

Turkey plays Lithuania in the semis this afternoon.

Jowata
    Participant

Is it safe to say that this is the deepest team we have had in a long time?

44rules
    Participant

Likely, Jowata, particularly if Y7 is eligible.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

redisgood
    Participant

If Gott can get them to play defense, I will put a starting lineup of Dennis Smith Jr, Henderson, Rowan, Abu, and Yurtseven against any starting five in the country. And with guys like Johnson, Dorn, Anya, Kapita, Hicks, and Kirk coming off the bench, yes, I would say this is the deepest and most talented team we’ve had in a long time.

And just to close on the Europe U20 championships, Omer had a sub-par game in the semis, and Turkey lost. He bounced back with a strong game to lead Rurkey to a 3rd place finish. Omer made the 1st team all star squad, which was a great accomplish,met considering he was playing against players who were a few years older than him. Unfortunately he won’t get a chance to play in the U18 tourney. The tournament was scheduled to be played in Turkey, so FIBA postponed it indefinitely. Omer will be on campus in a few weeks time.

pakfanistan
    Participant

If Gott can get them to play defense

That’s the biggest ‘if’ in NC State sports.

Jowata
    Participant

I know this is random but I hope Freeman can get healthy and improve his game playing with all these talented big men during his red shirt year. It would be awesome to see him have a great senior year since he always played so hard for the pack the Pack and did things for the team that don’t show up on the box score.

44rules
    Participant

I know this is random but I hope Freeman can get healthy and improve his game playing with all these talented big men during his red shirt year. It would be awesome to see him have a great senior year since he always played so hard for the pack the Pack and did things for the team that don’t show up on the box score.

Amen

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

MrPlywood
    Participant

I hope Seven comes to State straight from Finland and bypasses all that nasty coup business back home. Of course then there’s the other collaborator in evil that has yet to make a decision on his eligibility.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Yikes.

redisgood
    Participant

Did Beejay eat Omer?

pakfanistan
    Participant

On the upside, Hicks looks bigger than advertised.

redisgood
    Participant

Ted Kapita looks like quite the physical specimen as well.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

there’s little or no way BeeJay gets up and down the court in league play looking like that for 30 minutes a night…
    unless we’re playing 1950’s girl’s rules and he doesn’t have to cross halfcourt…

idk…

GOTT to be looking elsewhere for the BMIDM… (Big Man in da Middle)

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    pakfanistan
    Participant

there’s little or no way BeeJay gets up and down the court in league play looking like that for 30 minutes a night…
    unless we’re playing 1950’s girl’s rules and he doesn’t have to cross halfcourt…

idk…

GOTT to be looking elsewhere for the BMIDM… (Big Man in da Middle)

I think there’s a reason we took four large guys this season including 6’10” transfer Tucker Thompson from WCU on top of Yurtseven, Kapita, & Hicks.

Heelh8r
    Participant

Don’t worry about Beejay. Remember, he couldn’t play a lick when he lost all the weight. Give me the jumbo Beejay every time.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Give me the jumbo Beejay every part time.

now that’s right…. :>}

at 300+lbs… ’bout 5-7 minutes a half… except the last 4 minutes

5 rebounds, 3 missed shots, get three fouls on the other BMIDM, four blocks, two turnovers, 3 points…

all is good each time….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    freshmanin83
    Participant

21 BeeJay Anya 6-9 344 F Sr. Washington, D.C. / DeMatha Catholic

http://www.gopack.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball

pakfanistan
    Participant

21 BeeJay Anya 6-9 344 F Sr. Washington, D.C. / DeMatha Catholic

http://www.gopack.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball

It’s very odd.

He didn’t look NEARLY that big three weeks ago.

BoJangles Anytime

Viewing 19 posts - 26 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.