NC State’s quiet build

Home Forums StateFans Basketball NC State’s quiet build

Tagged: 

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    freshmanin83
    Participant

… North Carolina State Wolfpack are quietly putting together their own important 2016 recruiting class.

N.C. State moves forward without Cat Barber. To the naked eye, that reality is bad enough to dismiss the Wolfpack’s chances moving forward. Unfortunately for that naked eye, there’s more going on in Raleigh.

A lot more. …

it is about time we start to refer to NCSU as an upper-echelon ACC program, surpassing odd programs such as the Pittsburgh Panthers in the process. Moreover, it is time to start discussing the Pack as a program of national relevance and consequence. …

That’s right. Get on the bandwagon now. …

http://www.todaysu.com/acc/nc-state-wolfpack/markell-johnson-yet-another-piece-nc-states-quiet-build/

redisgood
    Participant

And now Ted Kapita. This is unbelievable! I am more than excited for this upcoming season. Talent and depth up and down the lineup. On paper this is the best Wolfpack team in a long, long time.

MrPlywood
    Participant

It’s the snowball effect. I like it.

Fastback68
    Participant

If one is just now exiting their panic room bunker after the Martins declared they were transferring on 3/27, then you are wondering who the —- is Butch Pierre, Heath Schroyer, Hicks, Yurt, Newman, Johnson and Kapita. Plus another Newman opportunity.

tractor57
    Participant

Point for the younger crowd – never get too low or too high. I am excited with the additions but I have not seen any of them in a full ACC level BB game. So consider that as well as consider the ledge jumping ..

Gowolves
    Participant

This is an unbelievable run! The team will have plenty of options. Damn I can’t wait for this season.

Rick
    Keymaster

We should change our name to the ncsu Phoenix

Wufpacker
    Participant

Point for the younger crowd – never get too low or too high. I am excited with the additions but I have not seen any of them in a full ACC level BB game. So consider that as well as consider the ledge jumping ..

Very good advice and always something I try to keep in mind, not only with NCSU athletics, but also life in general.
    Admittedly, I’m often not successful keeping this in mind in either case.

Gowolves
    Participant

Very good advice and always something I try to keep in mind, not only with NCSU athletics, but also life in general.

Admitting you have a problem is the first step to clarity. Me, personally, I don’t care if I am delusional until the day I croak. Life is better that way.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

never get too low or too high.

College BBall is turning into something kinda like Hillsborough Square back in the heyday…

Same party every night…
    The only thing that changes is the players….

At least now…We are guaranteed one damn thing…
    EVERYBODY will have plenty to talk and troll about come next February….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    44rules
    Participant

Sorry, getting too high and too low is what we do. We’re bipolar that way, and right now I’m pretty sky high for next year. So did Kapita pick us?

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

freshmanin83
    Participant

If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that’s a full day. That’s a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you’re going to have something special. Jim Valvano
    Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/j/jimvalvano358463.html

Not saying it is impossible but it might help to fulfill this piece of advice if you invest yourself fully in the things you like and love. That may occasion getting “high” about some things and possibly low on occasion too.

TheCOWDOG

Wufpacker
    Participant

^ Sooooo….as NCSU fans we are naturally closer to being the guy near the elephant’s anus, yes? Or maybe that’s just my own bias?

Rick
    Keymaster

^ Sooooo….as NCSU fans we are naturally closer to being the guy near the elephant’s anus, yes? Or maybe that’s just my own bias?

More the guy near the back leg. We get peed on and told it’s raining.

TheCOWDOG

As Carlos Castaneda said: ” Belief is its own reality.”

Some get wetter than others.

redwolf87
    Participant

As Carlos Castaneda said: ” Belief is its own reality.”

Some get wetter than others.

Significant Castaneda wisdom in early Eagles tunes.

redwolf87
    Participant

Always closer to ledge jumping in either case. Very much so.

WolfWiz11
    Participant

Yes, Gott pulls another rabbit out of his recruiting hat. But us lunatic fringe, bunker buddies want to know whether Gott can coach these kids. A large part of that is going to be getting all these 4 and 5 stars to buy in. And slipping laxatives in Beejay’s burgers.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^ Kale works too….

Ya’ll know I think there’s alot to like about Coach Gott….

whether Gott can coach these kids.

Better phrasing might be “Can Gott get his coaches to coach these guys?”
    This ain’t a one man show by any means…

As for the elephant…

I thinking some of you guys’ reality is that you think you’ve
    Gott the “trunk” in your hand…
    when you really Gott the little end of the tail.

Nevertheless, enjoy yourselves….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Rick
    Keymaster

I thinking some of you guys’ reality is that you think you’ve
    Gott the “trunk” in your hand…
    when you really Gott the little end of the tail.

That have me a tremendous morning chuckle.

Plenty of talent now we need some results.

tractor57
    Participant

Don’t get me wrong I’m excited about the possibilities. Just that I have seen this tune before. First step accomplished with the new recruits and should lead to a good second step but I’m not calling for a tourney championship yet.

WolfWiz11
    Participant

My heart’s been broken too many times; I’m afraid to love again.

tractor57
    Participant

Agreed but I’m all in for the ride.

MISTA WOLF
    Participant

I just got back from Mark Gottfried’s Basketball Team Camp. I’ve taken my kids down now for 3 years in a row and really enjoy it. The kids do too and its nice to see that chemistry build early in the summer. In years past the Pack basketball team has always been working. Not the case this year. I imagine they’re hard at work and getting geared up to travel across the ocean. I did get to talk to Frenchie for awhile and he more or less said he is a no go for the upcoming season, unless something magical happens. I’m stoked for Pack basketball just like you guys. I have also stepped back from the ledge. For now.

On a side note I did see Gottfried’s daughter. She’s quite a looker. If she could’ve read my mind, she’d slapped the sh!t out of me.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.