NC State Wolfpack vs UNC-Greensboro Spartans

Home Forums All StateFansNation NC State Wolfpack vs UNC-Greensboro Spartans

Viewing 25 posts - 276 through 300 (of 318 total)
  • Author
    wufpup76
    Keymaster

I hope it’s skiddish youth, Whiteshoes … I really do.

The other team took it to us, not the other way around. Mental does seem to be a lot of it.

Would love to know what happened at the end of the game there … not a good look. I’m sure they (someone) did something to Warren, but if teams know they can punk us they will.

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

I like Gott’s cool demeanor with a young team BUT sometimes you gotta get in these guys faces and get them riled up…

Normally I would agree with you, but ask yourself if you wanted Buckets even more riled up than he already was.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

–Whiteshoes…. you nailed it…. but may I ask you one question…

When and who was the last game our Coaches were visibly effective during the last ten minutes?

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    BrickyardMayhem
    Participant

How about Barber, Vandy and Lee?

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Coach is tripping on the radio post game….

Said he thought we got ‘good shots’ at the end of game which sealed the victory.

He does have better seats than we do.

spintk
    Participant

We have all heard of “encouraging losses,” well, I guess this is a discouraging win. Everything from the intensity of the players, the offensive sets we were running, and the overall “smarts” of this team is probably on the same level the one last year. With the coaching staff we have sitting on the bench, we should be showing tremendous improvement game in and game out; instead, it’s the same old same old.

Cheers

spintk
    Participant

Said he thought we got ‘good shots’ at the end of game which sealed the victory.

His post-game remarks have become cliché. I wonder what he will say about letting a 17 point lead slip away.

ruffles31
    Keymaster

Hopefully they can deal better with playing ACC teams that have a little more height (see game vs. Tennessee).

wufpup76
    Keymaster

On a lighter note, the Oregon cheerleaders are on tv.
    Oregon hotness

Wulfpack
    Participant

I know good basketball when I see it, and that wasn’t it. Credit UNCG. But we gotta be better than that if we want to be taken seriously nationally. We better have a big time conference run in is or else we ain’t sniffing tourney play.

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

Around the 15:00 mark of the second half and leading by a dozen or so, our team decided to take the rest of the night off. They stopped working on offense. They started flailing on defense and not working through screens. I guess they decided that they had already won the game.

WBS was sent in obviously instructed to put some energy into things on the offensive end, and he tried, but the rest of the players, TJ included, didn’t seem all that interested.

They let the other team whittle away the lead and even gave them a chance to get ahead…fortunately, they just weren’t talented enough to do it.

That has to stop. Basketball games are forty minutes long and a 12-15 point lead ain’t much when there’s more than two minutes left on the scoreboard.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Wofpack said…”I know good basketball when I see it, and that wasn’t it… ”

This is Tobacco Road… and most of us have played better ball than what we saw tonight.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

“His post-game remarks have become cliché. I wonder what he will say about letting a 17 point lead slip away.”

^This is fair, but I like his positivity … this is a young team. The biggest problem I have with the lead slipping away (see also: Detroit, Tenn) is that we didn’t respond – at all – to the other teams’ punches. The other teams played looser and tougher … We have to do something about that.

ILPackfan
    Participant

Alpha, I couldn’t agree more. This team cannot afford to let up, especially going into conference play.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Queue “State has a habit of blowing leads” from every color announcer we hear for the rest of the season.

redcanine
    Participant

Sorry Coach, but I’m not hearing that junk tonight.

spintk
    Participant

Queue “State has a habit of blowing leads” from every color announcer we hear for the rest of the season.

Yep. And I can’t say that it’s not deserved. Concomitantly, queue State fans whining about every color announcer remarking how we blow leads. Respect is earned.

Gowolves
    Participant

They played with a small lead with TN. Yeah they cam back but we were expected to lose to them. I think they showed composure in that game. Also did for 55 minutes against Mizzou. Like people have said its a young team. It’s going to be process. They will be some bumps.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Somebody will say “We only had one day to prepare for this game…”

But the way I see it…

We played two “short” teams in a row…. The same “game plan”, IF EFFECTIVELY EXECUTED, ( the entry pass to BIGS ON THE BLOCKS OFF A SET PLAY ) should have brought us two DOUBLE DIGIT wins.

And I ain’t taking NO for an answer… and neither should anybody else.

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

My thought on post-game interviews: if Gottfried tells you how he really feels, he’d be excoriated for throwing his team under the bus. If he covers up for them by reverting to Coach Speak, he’s not being honest. Sounds like a “can’t win” kind of deal.

Thing is, I don’t give a flip what he says in post-game, that’s mostly for people driving home from the game. What I do care about is what he tells the team and the other coaches behind closed doors.

Look at this way: remember after State lost to Duke a couple of months ago in football, and Dave Doeren said a lot of positive things in the post-game radio interview? From other reports, after the game you could hear him yelling at the players in the locker room from twenty yards outside the door. Obviously, what he said and what he knew and believed were different things.

You can bet it is the same for Coach Gottfried.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

AW… you might be right…
    but… I like this guy….

<iframe width=”640″ height=”360″ src=”//www.youtube.com/embed/CQKbLsoCt28?feature=player_embedded” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pack78
    Participant

You can bet it is the same for Coach Gottfried.

Agreed; DD and Gott ain’t here to win friends…

JohnGalt78
    Participant

I agree with everything everybody said. Now, can we get back to the Oregon Cheerleaders…

redcanine
    Participant

AW, you talking about Coach Knight?

oh well, link not linking

vtpackfan
    Participant

In a pick up game at the Y Buckets would score his teams first 9 in a game to 11.

Better have a closer.

Viewing 25 posts - 276 through 300 (of 318 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.