NC STATE vs WAKE FOREST Preview

Home Forums All StateFansNation NC STATE vs WAKE FOREST Preview

Viewing 19 posts - 201 through 219 (of 219 total)
  • Author
    Rick
    Keymaster

Just sayin’

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

I wouldn’t normally bet on college sports, but according to the yahoo sports app, the line on the ND-CU game was ND-4. I would have had to put a bill down on Clemson if I was in LV

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

ND-Clemson in 2nd OT

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

OOPs…Clemson choking, proving once again why I don’t bet on college sports.

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

FINAL 82-67 Pack

It’s amazing how close the final stats are but the score is so far apart. This is what happens when Refs interject themselves into the game, as was the case in the second half.

Buckets with the career game. Of course the media will find another reason to vote Parker the ACC Player of the week again.

packalum44
    Participant

I pity the fool who gains any hope away from this game and thinks we have improved and have a fighters chance at ‘Cuse or chance to dance.

I saw a lot of unforced errors in this game. Wait till we play the best zone in country with the best length and athletes in country in their house. Take Cuse they will cover anything under -19.

We should slow the game down to cover.

Fastback68
    Participant

ND up by 4, 6 seconds in 2nd ot.

Fastback68
    Participant

Irish win.

MrPlywood
    Participant

^^^ Crap, based on this win over WF I just layed down a grand for State to beat ‘Cuse straight up. Mistake?

Wufpacker
    Participant

^^^ Crap, based on this win over WF I just layed down a grand for State to beat ‘Cuse straight up. Mistake?

😀

vtpackfan
    Participant

I liked that we hit some threes and battled under the boards some.

WF plays a Summer League BBall game and I think it shows up in high scoring, sloppy play at time, out of whack foul a-thon. It’s contagious and teams probably feel a bit dirty after beating them.

I thought Freeman was great and he had some good looks inside that normally he cashes in on. He will be counted on Saturday to keep a pulse in the game based on not backing down. Still won’t be enough but we are coming in with some confidence shooting from outside that frankly hasn’t been there up to now. Yes we have improved some over the course of the year in some facets. Only a nimrod would miss that.

tjfoose1
    Participant

I’ll gander Syracuse @ -14.5

tjfoose1
    Participant

Actually, that’s probably not nearly enough.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

^Agree – it will probably be close to 20 🙁

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

I have no delusions of beating the ‘Cuse in their place. Last year’s team playing at its best wouldn’t have been able to do that. You’d have to go back to a Valvano team that would be able to do that.

Anyway, the boys played very well most of the night, with some of the sloppiness that’s been a problem in the past. They still managed it well, but they also managed to handle the moments of adversity and keep their cool. That bodes well for the games after Saturday, where I give them a chance in each one of them.

What the heck, we’re playing with house money up there, and if they play with no fear, who knows. Maybe Syracuse will come out flat and we can make it interesting. Interesting means <10pts.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Shit, I forgot to share any music in this thread. Here’s a win-win-win song – it’s amazing, sung by an impossibly beautiful woman, and is good for torturing oneself about an ex.

JohnGalt78
    Participant

Frustrating night for the refs. Obviously they can’t put the free throws in the basket for Wake. They did all they could, but alas, came up short. Maybe next time assholes.

Fastback68
    Participant

Wearing red leads to fouler profiling. Pass out the icy hot pads to all the State players waking up with kidney bruises. Maryland vs. UNX was a carbon copy of State vs. UNX. UNX 19-37 FTA. Maryland 13-20. Unbelievable air fouls on Maryland and no-calls on UNX hacking. Wake 14-31, State 12-19. Can’t wait to see year-end NCAA FT stats for those who think I’m whining. And you thought UNX graduation rates were statistical anomalies.

44rules
    Participant

Just cuz I’m whining about your whining doesn’t make your whining about the blues invalid! 🙂

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

Viewing 19 posts - 201 through 219 (of 219 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.