NC State-Boise State

Home Forums StateFans Basketball NC State-Boise State

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 137 total)
  • Author
    wufpup76
    Keymaster

I have no idea why I’m unable to post my typical game thread, but I give up. I did something wrong or the filter doesn’t like something … whatevs.

Anyway, should be a solid test again tonight.

Go Pack

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Wufpacker
    Participant

I hope Anya doesn’t eat Alejo.
    Cannon seems to have him some mancrush on Lacey and Turner.

Fastback68
    Participant

No TWC. More radio action if you don’t have Espn3

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

@wufpup… it aint you bro…

The stupid thing has some keyword / spam / hate words kinda filter on it…
    About one out twenty of mine get hijacked… and it’s not because of cuss words or such… ever since the new site arrived…
    The longer – the more frequent…perhaps
    Best I can tell there is no rhyme or reason to it…

You would think that a Mod… could post a sticky with the HOT words on it… or at least the guidelines for acceptable writing…

It’s definitely hurting traffic at SFN…

We GOTT a guy like you (there are others too ) that will spend a hour or more putting together as good a scouting report as you’ll find anywhere and better than most and the rest of us don’t have to hunt for it … and he’s the last guy the backroom needs to piss off…

Anybody listening?

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    tjfoose1
    Participant

WatchE$PN app + Chromecast. Highly recommend.

redcanine
    Participant

Would that be the $35 chromecast? Or is it more expensive than that? It’s something I’ve been thinking about doing. Thanks.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Wufpup76, thanks for the effort. I’ve had some posts that would not post either. Not sure why. Anyway, I found some info on Boise

Just a few numbers and thoughts….Boise should be a good test in the line of Richmond. Consensus in Vegas is the Pack -7.5 The Broncos can put some points up, but they don’t seem to have much of an affinity for rebounding or defense. They’re tied for 294th in rebounding, averaging 31.4 boards per game, compared to #5 State averaging 46.8. Our average of 15.8 offensive boards doubles theirs. They rank #282 in scoring defense, allowing 72.8 ppg while State allows an average of 60.4 The Nagurskis rank 275th in 3 pt FG Defense (36.9%), State ranks 107th at 29.8%. They allow 46.0% on FGs inside the arc, State allows 35.2%

Their leading scorer and rebounder is 6’6″ SR F Anthony Drmic (yes, I spelled that correctly) with 16.8ppg and 5.0 boards. He has hit 13 of his 31 3ptFG attempts this year (.419) Nick Duncan (6’8″ F) has hit 11 of 24 treys. The two combine for over half of Boise’s 40 threes this year. Freshman 6’10” David Wacker has started 4 of their five games at center. He averages 5.6 pts, 3.8 boards and has only one block in 91 minutes. Boise has a total of 10 blocked shots in 5 games. Guards Derrick Marks and Mikey Thompson seem solid. Marks is 6-11 on his threes and leads the team with 13 assists. He averages 15.8ppg Thompson leads the team in turnovers with 10 and steals with five.

So, it seems that they pay lip service to defense, don’t rebound well, and don’t bother too many shots. Obviously, one of the keys to stopping them is keeping a hand in Drmic’s face, and keeping him off balance. He is their go to man. The Broncs shoot.742 from the charity stripe. If State does its normal job of window cleaning and plays defense like it did in the second half of the Richmond game, I think they’ll cover the spread..Go Pack!

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Thanks for the understanding, ladies and gents. And thanks for the Boise St. scouting report, Wolfanatic.

I haven’t seen the Broncos play yet this season, but the little bit of research I did suggested that they can indeed fill it up on offense and they stand at least a reasonable chance of contending for an at-large bid.

Should be a fun one! 🙂

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Gametime bump!

wufpup76
    Keymaster

We don’t have Espn3 Pack mainstay Stan Lewter on commentary tonight 🙁 , but these guys seem cool.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Not even sure what Anya did wrong there … that’s a call you’d expect when playing the Cheats

wufpup76
    Keymaster

And now Barber is hurt – non-contact injury. SH*T

Wufpacker
    Participant

Turkey hangover?

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Whistles not kind to State early – Anya 2 cheapies and Barber hurt

Not a great start

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

2 fouls on Anya..
    Cat tweaks his paw…

not the best first three minutes we’ve seen….

good news for TWINS fans…
    Caleb is first off the bench tonight…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Texpack
    Participant

Barber walking ok

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Turkey hangover?

I don’t think so … it’s like we’re playing Chapel Hole out there the way the whistles are going

Hard to get in sync with a whistle and turnover everytime you touch the ball

BJD95
    Keymaster

Took me a few minutes to get ESPN3 to work, was wondering re Hipster Cat. UGH!!!!

Wufpacker
    Participant

Takes Pack 5 minutes even to get on the board, lucky to only be down 5-3.

Rick
    Keymaster

Not a good start. Hopefully, jet is OK.

They do not look to impressive.

Lacey can hoop

Wufpacker
    Participant

Lacey is a breath of fresh air.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Barber coming back in at the next dead ball

Thank God Boise not hitting early, otherwise they could’ve really ran away from us

Lacey getting going … we’re very fortunate that start didn’t put us in a big hole

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Haha, nice flop by Caleb

If they’re gonna call it tight, take advantage

BJD95
    Keymaster

YELLOW CARD!!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 137 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.