NC STATE at VIRGINIA TECH Game Thread

Home Forums All StateFansNation NC STATE at VIRGINIA TECH Game Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 201 through 225 (of 282 total)
  • Author
    Wufpacker
    Participant

Wow….after watching that, I sort of envy the blind.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I can only imagine how Tony Haynes tried to polish that turd.

Rick
    Keymaster

That was like watching tard jeopardy

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Glad that one is over before somebody (jiggs, rick, idk — cat?) GOTT hurt…

For the optimistic gamewatchers looking for improvement… check this…

Pack Shooting % — 40.6
    Hokies Shooting % — 42.9

Pack Rebounds — 31
    Hokie Rebounds — 39

Pack Fouls — 23
    Hokie Fouls — 20

Pack FTAs — 25
    Hokie FTAs — 37

Note the differentials here closed drastically the last two minutes of the game.

Exactly what one would expect in EIGHT point victory on the road against tough opposition.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Wufpacker
    Participant

I can only imagine how Tony Haynes tried to polish that turd.

LOL. I’m sure he’ll find a way. After all, he’s had plenty of practice over the years.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

TylerStats — 11 assists – 8 points – 3 rebounds – 1 steal and zero turnovers…..

BJD95
    Keymaster

The effort at Cuse wouldn’t be enough to beat the Holes. What we’ve put forth the last 80 minutes…don’t think about it too long, at least if razor blades are within reach.

But hey, back to .500. Could be worse.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^Tony’s gonna talk about how we ain’t Wake Forest…

Wufpacker
    Participant

But hey, back to .500. Could be worse.

MrPlywood
    Participant

@Jiga re: computer problems – do you have a Mac?

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

In the radio postgamer….

Tony doesn’t ask…
    GOTT doesn’t tell…

#CATsitsOnSAT!

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Gott’s postgame comments re: the *nx game were lulzy

BJD95
    Keymaster

Talk about a shit finish. ND was up 41-38 at UVA, lost 70-49. Finished on the ass end of a 32-8 run!

Wufpacker
    Participant

Alex Flanagan sighting in Sochi.

cabwolf
    Participant

Playing not to lose always makes the pucker factor worse… geez!
    Gotta ride TJ relentlessly and let him do it, or let him find the open man. Gotta put Cat in sooner at least he can break down defenders…
    Tarholes are rolling but they have played at home and have not been kicked in the nuts on the roaad in a while… It’s going to be hard with our big guys starting the game with 3 fouls.. We survived the hokies.. Maybe TJ can be TJ And pull a Ernnest Graham and get 40 plus against Barney Fife and the holes! Esse Quam Videri TJ!!! Gotta believe on Wednesday, Go Pack!

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Tony: Unx game coming up blah blah blah

Gott: Yeah, they’re playing really well. Maybe the hottest team in the country. I’m so proud of our guys. No one thought we’d have much of a chance to do anything. I’m sure Unx will be favored by 20 – everyone thinks we have no shot. This is a true ‘David vs. Goliath’. They’re so hot and our kids don’t get credit for anything. We’ll be ready. This could be a huge upset … one of the biggest upsets maybe … ever.

^LOLLLLLLL awesome

Then this from Tyler Lewis:

Gary: Tyler you’ve got 5 billion assists and only 5 turnovers in your last nine games. What do you think the difference has been for you?

Lewis: Playing time.

^HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

Yeah I wish.

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

We’re all doing a great job of making a win feel like a loss. Just sayin’.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^Probably…

But it’s better than making a loss feel like a loss…. as was the case earlier this week..

It’s all good….

First thing Coach said in the postgamer… was about how the things our kid’s have learned this season are reflected on the court….

reading the CoachSpeak… what he was really saying was …

our kids started the season having to learn a whole lot real fast ( and I mean a WHOLE F’ING LOT ) and that none of them have quit, some are “learning” faster than others and some of what I and the rest of my staff have been busting our butts nonstop is finally showing up on the court… I mean Tony… I wish I could really tell you and everybody over there at SFN how f’ing “far” some of these kids have come in a very short period of time but I can’t because then I would have to tell ya’ll exactly where some of the kids started and exactly what they brought and what they did not bring to the party… which would not help anybody do their job better… so I’m going to shut up about that now… okay… and don’t ask me why some sit and some play… okay ???

packalum44
    Participant

Even the wins feel painful. Why haven’t we improved this year?

BJD95
    Keymaster

I am satisfied with this season. But the last 8 minutes of that game were abyssmal. No sugar coating that.

Texpack
    Participant

Too bad we didn’t have a pithed frog to bring off the bench late. It would have improved our decision making. Worst case of RCD (Recto Cranial Disorder) I’ve seen in a long time.

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

The Pack’s lone top 50 RPI win (Tenn. #50) lost today at TAMU. Yaaayyyyy

Adventuroo
    Participant

OK….calm down….step back from the ledge. We played a really great game and got a large (15 – 16 pt) lead. VT hit some clutch 3’s. TJ was a monster today. He came out strong and also was a terror on defense. VT never got into their groove, if they ever had one.

We were in control of the game and got a little sloppy at the end, but we never panicked. We should have NOT attempted a fast break dunk, but you learn. If it had worked, then that would have the nail in the coffin.

Ref’s were pretty consistent until the little altercation…..after that, if you had bad breath and breathed on a player, TWEET.

Fouls were really not that out of line…..based on the averages…..and VT running the Jimmy V defense at the end.

Tyler (the person that was defamed and wished well and some HOPED he would tray to go to UNC-CH) Lewis along with TJ made the game click. Cat played 4 minutes. He is not a happy camper, but we are winning and that is what you have to do.

It was a good game….but the pace of the 2nd half was SLOW and very stressful…..and that was NOT in the last 5 minutes. The half started “slow” and then got slower. Don’t know if the sponsors had too many spots or not. Gott used his timeouts well…..they are NOT like Rollover Minutes and you do not get them at the next game.

He kept the team under control and did not call every minute….and he was loose.

My biggest complain was Coach Lutz’s blue shirt…if you want something to blame the last few minutes on….blame the shirt.

Looking forward to the Lady’s game tomorrow and UNC next week.

GO PACK….

The hot line (1-800 Why did STATE WIN) will be open later tonight. Paypal or credit cards (or bottles of Crown Royal) will be accepted.

redcanine
    Participant

I think we have improved in a few nice areas…

-we catch the ball in triple-threat position most of the time, which we didn’t start doing until January.
    -we look organized against a zone defense.
    -we set harder screens and use the screener more efficiently.
    -our young guys look and play stronger, getting pushed around less.

Haven’t improved…

-defending ball screens
    -making 3s
    -interior defense (probably have gotten worse here)
    -ball handling/secruity from secondary ball handlers.
    -boxing out

Viewing 25 posts - 201 through 225 (of 282 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.