NC STATE at VIRGINIA TECH Game Thread

Home Forums All StateFansNation NC STATE at VIRGINIA TECH Game Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 226 through 250 (of 282 total)
  • Author
    eas
    Participant

Wolfpup76, did Tyler Lewis really the biggest reason for his success was “Playing Time” or was that a joke? If so, that’s awesome. Tyler’s only downfall is speed on D and size (well 3’s as well) He runs the offense well.

Then again I love WBS so I am clearly bias.

Sweet jumper
    Participant

Called a flagrant one foul on Dawkins on fast break after a ‘ cuse steal. It was a horrible call on a touch foul but ‘cuse got two shots and ball. Made last weeks foul on TJ look like premeditated murder. Wow!!!

Sweet jumper
    Participant

Called a flagrant one foul on Dawkins on fast break after a ‘ cuse steal. It was a horrible call on a touch foul but ‘cuse got two shots and ball. Made last weeks foul on TJ look like premeditated murder. Wow!!!

packalum44
    Participant

When I watch a bad movie I can point out several flaws. I am not alone in this fact as many here could do the same. I have no training or education in producing film but there are some films I could improve. When I watch a great movie, however, I leave the cinema without much to say. Recently Captain Phillips comes to mind.

When I watch a good college basketball team, I similarly walk away without much to say, win or lose. I am no expert I can’t see subtleties. But when I see a bad team…I know it.

NC State is a bad 2-year movie folks. You know it and I know it. The only folks who don’t are the ones that like every movie they watch.

Texpack
    Participant

-ball handling/secruity from secondary ball handlers.

I wasn’t aware we had any secondary ball handlers.

redcanine
    Participant

^That’s the point! lol

BJD95
    Keymaster

Most players have improved. Exceptions – Des has stagnated, Vandy has badly regressed, and Cat is going full Kenny Drummond.

Wulfpack
    Participant

It was a necessary win, that will mean zilch if we don’t find a way to beat UNC and Pitt.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

@eas — yes Tyler did say that… more or less…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    TheCOWDOG

I was unable to view a single second. Does anyone here have experience in playing 3 consecutive roadies in 7 days?

And actually comin’away with a W on the third,to boot.

Not I,as far as I recall.

Just sayin’.

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

Most players have improved. Exceptions – Des has stagnated, Vandy has badly regressed, and Cat is going full Kenny Drummond.

Perfect analysis.

packalum44
    Participant

Gott had a *wink wink* you’re going to start contract with Cat during the recruitment process. Can’t blame Gott for that the kid arguably has the highest ceiling on the team.

He’s underwhelmed so far. Lack of strength and not the brightest star in the sky. Being literate however hasn’t stopped PGs from succeeding. Rose is doing just fine. Future lottery pick if he stays 3-4 years.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Wolfpup76, did Tyler Lewis really the biggest reason for his success was “Playing Time” or was that a joke? If so, that’s awesome. Tyler’s only downfall is speed on D and size (well 3?s as well) He runs the offense well.
    Then again I love WBS so I am clearly bias.

^Bill is correct – he did more or less say that. It would have been hilarious had he dead-panned it like that, but his response was (basically) “I had limited minutes in earlier games, but now I’m getting a lot of playing time and finding the groove of the game”. I took him as being diplomatic and thought he just wanted to straight up say “Playing time. Next question.”

Texpack
    Participant

BJD has it correct. Des Lee has switched places with Turner for me. I recoil when he gets the ball. He’s a turnover waiting to happen.

I’ll keep saying it. The three bigs are going to be impossible for the rest of the league to handle going forward. If KH spends the summer with Marie Osmond, he and Abu will hold the opposition to 50 points per game.

packalum44
    Participant

Dez Less is just young. We are a young team Gott has stats to prove it. Look at the stats not at the product. Distract yourself from the atrocity on the floor. Never mind that last years team wasn’t young at all but had the same flaws. Those weren’t his kids. They were selfish or so we are told. The Kentucky freshman that won a championship were so precocious and selfless didn’t you know? Never mind you have a high IQ it takes an expert to distinguish a good movie from bad….errr ok average to be fair. Average movies with great casts can do well at the box office. Maybe next year.

DRW
    Participant

I wonder why some of you(VA Wolf and Jigs) even watch the games, considering your eternally negative attitudes.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?
    John Maynard Keynes

We watch the games because we’re looking for new information.

If you’re looking to have smoke blown up your skirt, you’ll be sorely disappointed with this place.

PackMan97
    Participant

VaWolf82,

Odd. I watch the games because I enjoy them.

Different strokes for different folks.

Rick
    Keymaster

I would add Freeman to the list of those that have stagnated/not improved. I was impressed for a while but he seems to be doing nothing lately.

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

As VaWolf already said, we’re looking for new information to change what is reality.

So when I see reality…

…I don’t convince myself into thinking it’s this:

Pack85EE
    Participant

I see a few folks are still writing to this thread so I thought I would throw my eternally optimistic 2 cents in.

It was mentioned that next year we are counting on freshman to sophomore improvement the likes of which we have not seen before. Sure that it will never happen. My answer- two names Warren and Lewis.

Freeman not done much lately? Are you seeing his rebound per minutes #. Very good for a freshman.

Dez and Turner, well, OK Turner started in a slump and is streaky. Dez needs to play under control. This would be a place to get Cat more time but all three need to bring out their best. Right Now, else we have more than one loss coming up.

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

I would add Freeman to the list of those that have stagnated/not improved. I was impressed for a while but he seems to be doing nothing lately.

Ever since I mentioned Freeman deserving of some of Washington’s time they both have gone in opposite directions. Anya coming in so overweight has really ruined his year though I do wish he’d get more of Vandy’s minutes, at least enough of them before he becomes a negative on the court. BSW is the epitome of the original, hot and cold, never know what you’re going to get from game to game or within it.

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

I see a few folks are still writing to this thread so I thought I would throw my eternally optimistic 2 cents in.

It was mentioned that next year we are counting on freshman to sophomore improvement the likes of which we have not seen before. Sure that it will never happen. My answer- two names Warren and Lewis.

Freeman not done much lately? Are you seeing his rebound per minutes #. Very good for a freshman.

Dez and Turner, well, OK Turner started in a slump and is streaky. Dez needs to play under control. This would be a place to get Cat more time but all three need to bring out their best. Right Now, else we have more than one loss coming up.

I was the one who said it about sophomores and I’ll stand by it.

Warren:
    Year 1: 18.7 (Poss/Game), 125.4 (ORtg), 9.6 (OR%), 8.1 (DR%), .542 (FT%), .632 (2FG%), .519 (3FG%)
    Year 2: 32.0 (Poss/Game), 112.7 (ORtg), 10.4 (OR%), 12.8 (DR%), .693 (FT%), .578 (2FG%), .297 (3FG%)

Lewis:
    Year 1: 15.9 (Poss/Game), 113.9 (ORtg), 17.9 (AST%), 19.1 (TO%), .859 (FT%), .420 (2FG%), .292 (3FG%)
    Year 2: 17.6 (Poss/Game), 100.9 (ORtg), 32.4 (AST%), 16.4 (TO%), .778 (FT%), .438 (2FG%), .136 (3FG%)

So what about Warren has shown you a tremendous improvement? The only thing that was unknown about him was could he carry the load when he would now be the focal point of the offense? He’s proven that but how could that be classified as an improvement? His scoring is up because he’s taking a hell of a lot more shots.

As for Lewis he is thriving against the zone defenses. He has nearly doubled his assist rate while reducing his turnover rate in addition to a few more possessions per game. So while he has improved in that fashion, which is critical for a PG, he has regressed as any type of scorer…not that he was much of one to begin with.

Pack85EE
    Participant

Jigawatts, I appreciate your number crunching. Thanks for all you do. But I do say those two showed strong improvement at least by the eye-test. Buckets was awesome last year, scoring easily when defenses keyed on Brown, Lesley, Scott and trying to block Howell out. But this year, when defenses are keying on him he is bringing as well as anyone in conference.
    And I would say that Lewis has developed/improved his leadership game management skills but boy does his shot need work.

I did open by saying I was the eternal optimist so …
    I do think Gottfried has this team on the right path. Next year could be as tough as this year though.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^With the turnover/transfer rate among kids playing roundball these days…. ain’t no “easy years” but for a very few schools….

The more stars (as in ratings) on the team the bigger the headaches….

It’s almost like starting from scratch most every season… unless you GOTT leadership ON the bench and ON the court.

ALL of our returning kids have improved and are “better” this year than last….
    ALL of our new kids have improved and are “better” now than in August….

Has everybody met everybody’s expectations, projections (real or fantastic ) , including their own ???
    That’s a dumbA$$ question… so don’t bother answering….

Has anyone done the best they can do?
    That’s another dumbA$$ questions… so don’t bother answering that one either….

Everybody here still has GOTT a lot of room for improvement.

This has been a fun team to watch grow… so sit back and enjoy the rest of the season…
    There’s gonna be some surprises and some SMH and a couple of WTFs…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
Viewing 25 posts - 226 through 250 (of 282 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.