NC State 35 UNC-CHeats 7

Home Forums All StateFansNation NC State 35 UNC-CHeats 7

Viewing 23 posts - 26 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

some pissed off Tarhole posted this over at IdiotCentral…
    thought you guys might like it….

What will be our biggest lie of the week about this game?

The score was not an indication of how close it really was …
    :-((.

True Dat!

7-11 Ha!

Pop!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

ECU would be an intriguing game. We’d be able to move the ball on them and they’d present a big challenge to our defense. They aren’t the same squad as earlier in the year, though, and I think we’d have a tight one.

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

I think most of the posters from IdiotCentral are in Butner and Morganton (the location of the two state mental institutions.)

Wulfpack
    Participant

Miss State not looking good against Ole Miss thus far. Could open the door for a Baylor, TCU or Ohio State. Remember, Ohio State gets the Minnesota/Wisconsin winner next week while there is no Big 12 Championship.

TheCOWDOG

I saw submission since around Wednesday of this week.

I did not see the Rams, with their mighty horns, to paraphase jackwitted Brantley, being swallowed whole.

Silly me. Wolves v. rams?

wufpup76
    Keymaster

some pissed off Tarhole posted this over at IdiotCentral…<br>
    thought you guys might like it….

What will be our biggest lie of the week about this game?

The score was not an indication of how close it really was …<br>
    :-((.

True Dat!

7-11 Ha!

Pop!

Sounds like a solid contender for the Mental Gymnastics World Championship.

Anyhoo, we have a chance at 8 wins … wow.

redcanine
    Participant
    pakfanistan
    Participant

Wufpacker
    Participant

Anybody hear anything one way or the other re: Sade’s knee?

pakfanistan
    Participant

Anybody hear anything one way or the other re: Sade’s knee?

He kicked an XP shortly afterward, so I’m assuming he’s fine.

Pack92
    Participant

Suck it holes.

Somebody HAS to have a pic of that scoreboard

redcanine
    Participant

I’ll be high all week.

eas
    Participant

We are just now leaving Crapel Thrill and it was a great game to attend. We totally dominated and look great!

We brought the kids with us today (9 and 7) and it was a great day. Sat on the UNC side in some very nice season ticket seats donated by some kind UNC friends. Anyway, as much a I would like to bitch about no class with the Holes fans I must say they were very classy in my area. Very kind to the kids and to a lone wolf in red :). Matter of fact the only A-hole without class was an older sloppy drunk Pack fan who wasn’t far from us. We left early because the kids weren’t comfortable being around it and I didn’t need want to make a scene with another fellow Wolf. Anyway that’s another story.

I’ve seen enough baby blue to throw up for a week but the beat down we gave was worth it!

Go Pack!

NCSTATEFAN_1
    Participant

BJD95
    Keymaster

eas
    Participant
    LRM
    Keymaster

One of the most demoralizing series I ever recall watching was right before half, when we extended Carolina’s drive with the roughing the punter penalty and then again with the pass interference. Marquise Williams seemed like he just wanted it to be fourth down so they could punt and he’d have a break from getting knocked down. We were all over him. Then he threw the picked in the red zone.

That was bigger than fielding the punt and making it 28-0 at half.

It was over after that drive.

highstick
    Participant

I have a deceased Tar Heel buddy that used to take me to the Rams Club before the State-Carolina game. Gosh knows he was a good guy and not a typical jerk, but he was die hard Blue and White, but he did grow up next door to Everette Case in Raleigh so he did have an appreciation and not a disdane for the Wolfpack…just he was a Carolina fan…I hope he’s “up there” watching all of this and just chuckling now rather than worrying about crap back here on Earth…I think the last time he took me to the Rams Club, the Goat mascot started harrassing me…I was laughing, but after thinking about it, I don’t think he found any humor in me being in there…But, he’s also the kid who got “hit by a vehicle” and was killed the next year.

Here’s to you both…No offense taken, but I still enjoy beating your team while I’m a “heathen back here on Earth”! Go Pack!!

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

Adventuroo
    Participant

HighStick….there seems to be LESS blood on your countenance…..

I am like Richard Prowse….Can’t keep a thought….

Last night at the BasketBall game, there was a middle to older aged gentleman that had on a RED Tee in the Champion’s Club.

It was a picture of a roll of Toilet Paper and each sheet had a “UNC Degree” or perhaps “UNC Diploma” on it…

You can write your own text….it was something like….”Take one…you’ll need it”. I can NOT find those…or I would buy one.

Today was the funeral of Dr. Robert A. Robinson, the Assistant AD under Valvano. He had an EdD from NCSU and was a ECU grad. Great and learned individual….small in stature, but a GIANT of a brain and wit.

He was quoted extensively and told the AP that “Institutions that claim HIGH graduation rates are delusional and they are awarding them instead of Certificates of Attendance”.

NOW, I know that Dr. Bob as we the choir called him was sharp….but even he did not visualize what UNC had cooking. He was WRONG…rarely such….but WRONG. He did not realize that NOW, you can get an UNC Degree without even “Attending Class” so the correlation between Degrees and Certificates of Attendance NO LONGER exists at UNC..

BTW….the N&O is running an article on Holden Thorp and how the Part Time Garage Band Rocker has found his “niche” at Washington U in St. Louis. WOW….talk about timing. If he had been spending less times on his bass guitar rifts, then MAYBE he might have figured out WHAT was going on and saved UNC (Non Compliance, No Class, No Consequences….keep going) about 5 – 6 MILLION….

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

..I’m hearing from the “It’s Time to Change Hats Crowd” over in Chapel Hill that the THREE HUNDRED EIGHTY EIGHT RUSHING YARDS by the Wolfpack in this afternon’s game in Kenan Stadium was the most ever by a VISITING TEAM in the history of *NC Football …

I can’t say for sure as my stat book does not go back before 1954…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Adventuroo
    Participant

Couple of comments….which have probably been made.

Even my wife commented earlier in the week when Jacoby was SO sweet and complimentary about MW….and Hakeem was badmouthing him…..

THAT Hakeem was probably talking the talk of the locker room….which should NOT have been said in a Presser and that Jacoby was trying to cover his team mate’s little gaffe…

Here is a Doeren comment….

“He was saying what all of us were saying, but it’s not what we needed to say in the (Monday) press conference, right?” Doeren said. “(Williams) is the guy who stirs their drink on offense. He’s a really good player and when you hit a really good player repetitively it makes it hard.”

I took that to mean he is the Wine Steward for their Wine (WHINE?) and Cheese (and today it looked CHEEZY) offense. You gotta love the guy’s down to earth (and also master of the zinger) humor. He does NOT smile much on his TV shows….but let him get “Emotional”….then he is great.

Speaking of Emotions, don’t know what the Side Line Femme Sports person exactly asked, but it dealt with a few “emotional mistakes and penalties”. He said that he WANTED the team to be EMOTIONAL and to play with intensity….properly channeled and he was NOT going to shut it down.

I also cringed (and texted a UNC fan at the game) when I heard Ron Cherry’s unmistakable voice. Obviously Swoff thought he could be a Ref Knight if needed. I told the UNC guy…”regardless of the outcome….BOTH teams are F@#$%^” and he agreed.

FINALLY….with so much jubilation….and the “ARTICLES” being written as we type here…..if you are so INCLINED…go to the News & Observer.

There is an article on Holden Thorp…..Remember him….and HOW he has found “his place” at Washington U in St. Louis. WU is a neat “suburban” campus….we drove through it on a Tour when we followed the WP to Gott’s Sweet Sixteen game there. Really “ivy leaugish” without the ivy…

SO, Holden NOW has time to work on his bass guitar runs and “mingle” with the students. I thought he did the right thing with Butch….but that is about all he gets good marks for. If he had been spending less time working on his Garage Band routines and asking MORE questions about how AFAM and Old Dean and Ole Roy and BOTBob and his crew were “circumventing” any academic controls, then I would have given him higher marks.

One DOES have to wonder about the timing….

NCSTATEFAN_1
    Participant

pakfanistan
    Participant

You know….I’m a little surprised UNC didn’t punch anyone this year. Seems like it was a yearly occurrence.

Viewing 23 posts - 26 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.