Nation’s Top Point Guard Picks Pack!!

Home Forums All StateFansNation Nation’s Top Point Guard Picks Pack!!

Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    travelwolf
    Participant

Seriously… is there a #firegott crowd? It must be run by a Tarheel.

I don’t know how Gott motivates his players, but he seems to get 110% out of them, and then there are the ones that transfer – which I’m guessing weren’t willing to give 110% or were worried about playing time.

Tau837
    Participant

Status of 2016-17 recruiting class:

PG Smith (#1 PG, #5 overall) — committed
    PF Bam Adebayo (#3 PF, #8 overall) — expected commit
    SG Rawle Alkins (#8 SG, #29 overall) — good chance, strong connection to DSG & Bam
    C Udoka Azubuike (#1 C, #10 overall) — staff making a push

Scholarship spacing for 2016-17:

Senior Class
    (1) Anthony Barber (PG)
    (2) BeeJay Anya (5C)
    (3) Lennard Freeman (4F / 5C)
    (4) Terry Henderson (2G / Wing)

Junior Class
    (5) Caleb Martin (Wing)
    (6) Cody Martin (Wing)
    (7) Abdul Malik Abu (4F)

Sophomore Class
    (8) Shaun Kirk (F)
    (9) Torin Dorn (SG)
    (10) Maverick Rowan (3F)

Freshman Class (2016 Commits)
    (11) Dennis Smith (PG)
    (12) Bam Adebayo (PF)?
    (13)

Beautiful scholarship spacing here.

Reasonable assumptions:

1. Cat goes pro, whether to the NBA or otherwise.
    2. Bam commits to State.

Given those reasonable assumptions, that makes a best case scenario as follows:

PG – Smith, Dorn
    SG – Henderson, Rowan
    SF – Martin, Martin, Kirk
    PF – Abu, Adebayo
    C – Anya, Freeman

I know some people expect Abu and/or Anya could decide to turn pro, even if they wouldn’t really be ready to do so. I suppose it is also possible one or more of the wings could transfer over playing time, particularly if State signs Alkins, but I don’t really want to speculate on such negativity.

That is a loaded roster that should be great both offensively and defensively, both in half court and full court. It is a roster with a lot of hard nosed, tough players — tough physically and mentally. And with 6 upperclassmen, it is a roster loaded with experience.

That roster can compete with any roster in the nation and is a contender for ACC championship and national championship.

This is exactly what I hoped for in the Gott era. As K, Roy, Boeheim, and Pitino all age out, State is poised to move into the top tier of the ACC and dominate. (Don’t turn this into a negative — State is competitive with those programs now. Just saying those programs will likely slip in the future while at the same time State is getting better.)

Good times.

Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.