N.C. State vs. the Cheats – 7pm

Home Forums All StateFansNation N.C. State vs. the Cheats – 7pm

Viewing 12 posts - 376 through 387 (of 387 total)
  • Author
    MISTA WOLF
    Participant

I think we didn’t play well last night and lost by 1. 5 years ago if we didn’t play well we would lose by 20+. That my friends is a positive. We must go at least 4-2 or better in our next 6 games to give us a shot of getting into the dance. GO F’N PACK!!

Adventuroo
    Participant

Mista Wolf,

I have not read the entire thread….just the post mortuem. I was there. I do not disagree with your comments. But, my opinion and also Gott’s comments were that we have made tremendous improvements over the season. Your point about the 1 point loss is correct.

However, if we had not played sloppy (or had an OFF GAME) for the entire first half, then, as the Food Lion says….”Victory would have been ours”

That is what I believe folks are commenting on. We have shown some consistency and are rising above what the pundits said about it. BUT, when you rise above, you can not just stay there. Simple….if you want to be your best at anything (sports, computer programming, math, sexual prowess, etc.), then each time your participate or train, you have to set a goal that exceeded your last performance.

We did not play that way last night. On the positive side, I feared a total “What’s this here brown round thingy” opening. BUT, we were staying with UNC. In reality, being down only 6 when they shot 60+% and we were in the mid 30’s was really a victory. You KNOW that they are not gonna get better.

In the 1983 NCAA run, we played Utah. We shot 60% in the first half. Jimmy V told the team….do NOT LET UP. He said that he told them that the Utah coach was saying…..”We are STILL in this…they can NOT possibly continue shooting 66%” That was Gott’s message last night to the team. Same for ORW.

Note, Coaches can be WRONG….NCSU came out and shot 65% in the second half of the Utah game and we won it by 19…

BUT, back on point…..we came back last night. BUT we did not have the 2nd half shooting night like we did against Duke. Had we had that….we would have won.

I am more than pleased with how the season is unfolding. BUT, the losses to Wofford and UNC were MORE than winnable games….had we played up the level that we have, most of the time, played at. SO, my disappointment was the backsliding into the team that got on a downer last year and it took several games to restore our confidence.

As someone noted…as well as I. We need to play with confidence and poise ALL the time…especially the next 3 or so….just to get our rhythm and have momentum going into February.

BJD95
    Keymaster

The point forward concept makes sense, as each twin is a good passer. Lacey doesn’t create much, either, and Des turns it over too much. Therein lies the rub. And Cat is essential for half-court defense, though there was no stopping Paige last night.

JeremyH
    Participant

I really had no idea the Food Lion says that.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

I really had no idea the Food Lion says that.

JeremyH
    Participant

I appreciate his mathematical acumen, but I have to say he puts out a mediocre product. : )

BJD95
    Keymaster

I appreciate his mathematical acumen, but I have to say he puts out a mediocre product. : )

For me, it’s the two middle school dropouts working the front (always engaged in conversation, rather than keeping both registers moving) that keep me far, far away except in the most exigent of circumstances.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Kroger has self checkout, affording a degree of the anti-social.
    Of course it rarely works correctly.

Rick
    Keymaster

Kroger has self checkout, affording a degree of the anti-social.
    Of course it rarely works correctly.

If I am having to do the checkout they should give me a discount on the groceries. But noooooo

packplantpath
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Wufpacker wrote:</div>
    Kroger has self checkout, affording a degree of the anti-social.<br>Of course it rarely works correctly.

If I am having to do the checkout they should give me a discount on the groceries. But noooooo

I prefer going to the self-checkout with beer, wine and several bags of unidentifiable produce without those little stickers!

Gowolves
    Participant

PPP, You my friend are a rebel! 🙂

MISTA WOLF
    Participant

Roo,

You’re right my friend. The first half started with a Duke hangover. Our guys didn’t look engaged at first and there was a lot of passing around the perimeter without getting the ball inside. We play a lot better when we play inside/out as which most teams do. I will give some credit to the Sky Blue B*tches for keeping us out of the paint. We also missed some easy looks when we got them and of course that dampens confidence levels especially in young men.

Offensively a lot of times we run motion. I understand a lot of times it’s ran because it’s what kids know. I blame AAU ball. AAU ball has ruined what most of us know of the game. Instead what I think we need to do is have some controlled motion set plays at the beginning of the game to get the guys moving. Once we do that I believe it will help them begin to move more naturally in plain old motion. We do have set plays for perimeter shots.

Hopefully the guys have gained some confidence from the last 3 games and keep the bar high and keep building on it like you said. If the last 3 games we’ve played haven’t helped us with poise and confidence nothing will. We played with 3 of the 4 best teams in the league for most of the game. We need to go 4-2 in the next six games. The only game that terrifies me is the trip to Winston. In the final 7 games we need to go 4-3. I believe it’s doable. If we go 8-5 the rest of the way we’re dancing. Anything less and we will be sweating it out. Of course we can just win the ACC Tournament 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 376 through 387 (of 387 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.