N.C. State vs. the Cheats – 7pm

Home Forums All StateFansNation N.C. State vs. the Cheats – 7pm

Viewing 25 posts - 326 through 350 (of 387 total)
  • Author
    Rick
    Keymaster

Great fight
    We cannot win with lacey playing so bad

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

Defense never showed up but the offense did in the 2nd half. I really am tired of losing to those cheaters.

MrPlywood
    Participant

I’m a Martin fan.

eas
    Participant

Hard fought even though we played a little rough. Very proud of the kids in Red.

Still think Gott is going to have to give some serious thought to what Cat’s role is going to be in the future.

It was fun…I hate blue

GoPack83
    Participant

8 of 12 statefansnation tweets during the game were about the refs in a game where we committed one more foul… This kind of reaction makes the real reaction to terrible refs get brushed under the rug because it’s “what we do”.

spintk
    Participant

Lacey playing bad? Give credit for Tokoto for his defense. Mark’s offense just does not work right now. A lot of our sets are just 1-on-5 dribble the ball into oblivion. The fact we were in it late is pretty crazy.

What I want know: WHERE THE HELL WAS BARBER?

Paige ate that kid’s breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

As for the end of the game, I only have one complaint, and that is why we called a timeout BEFOREHAND Barber brought it across the timeline. Having to inbound on the other side of the court sets up a completely different play. Barber HAS to play with more urgency and focus, and Mark has to be smarter and more patient in that situation.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Barber and Anya were essentially no shows. We were lucky to be in it late. Tremendous effort. We have the potential to be a really good team as the season goes on.

redisgood
    Participant

I’m a Martin fan.

I’m a Martin & Martin fan. Those kids are going to be special. They’re already pretty darned good. No fear.

eas
    Participant

There is no urgency in CAT’s play..never has been any nor any shooting ability. He can play defense and drive the ball well (which he NEVER does). That’s all!

I did think Dez had nice minutes and ABU is going to be very good. I love the Martin twins!!!!

MrPlywood
    Participant

I’m a Martin & Martin fan.

That’s what I was going for 🙂 M&M.

the_phisherman
    Participant

So here’s my beef with Gottfried. With Barber on the line knowing you have to foul after the free throws, why is Turner on the floor????!!!?!!

Everyone knows you sub him out for Des and then sub him back in when UNC is on the line.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Nothing to be ashamed of tonite..

We played 37 minutes of solid ball… only three bad minutes in the dead zone …
    the 3rd four minute period of the secondhalf..
    (it interesting to me that is when most dry spells occur for most teams, not just us.. )

We outrebounded a strong rebounding team… 37-33
    We only made 10 turnovers….
    We came back from 12 down with 5 minutes to play…

This is not the same team it was three weeks ago…
    and there’s still plenty of room for improvement…

Lacey will be ready for Tokoto when we go to the Dome…

And yes… As Marcus Paige goes, so go the HOLES…

—————
    somebody else needs to tell Adventuroo he’s been fired as VP-shirts…
    (GOTT wore a white one and it didn’t help..)
    I don’t have the heart…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Wulfpack
    Participant

The officiating was generally pretty good but I thought a few at the end that didn’t go our way was questionable. I’m going to be glad when Paige leaves. He is a Pack killer for sure. We just cannot stop him whatever we do and he always seems to come up with the big play. Probably a moving screen on Meeks on that last three from the corner.

Rick
    Keymaster

8 of 12 statefansnation tweets during the game were about the refs in a game where we committed one more foul… This kind of reaction makes the real reaction to terrible refs get brushed under the rug because it’s “what we do”.

Then comment to him on Twitter and stop whining in here.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^Fouls:

State 21
    Holes 20

nothing out of the ordinary or really rude about the Zebras tonight…
    in a game that by historical standards is “difficult to officate”…

This was the 227th time we’ve played the HOLES…
    At least 200 have been just like this one…

Beat the hell out of each other and in the end both teams had their chances…

See ya !!!

We’re headed to sunny FLA for the weekend…
    Should be a good trip for GOTT & Company…

john of sparta
    Participant

to paraphrase AUNTIE (not Aunt) EM in the Wizard of OZ….
    “I’ve been dying to tell you what I thought of you! And now… well, being a Christian woman, I can’t say it! ” well, i’m not gonna post it, either.

GoPack83
    Participant

What I wanted to say was more than 140 characters and you realize that for most people that account is indicative of the typical reaction of a blogger on this site, so in a way it reflects on everyone that posts.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Uncle Roy knows in his heart he’s as lucky a SOB as ever wore baby blue…

His vaunted TarHeels, in their number #1 selling jerseys and with notes signed by their professors in their pockets… just shot 56% for the game and won by just 2 points…

His BIGs GOTT out rebounded …
    His guards turned the ball over more than we did …
    … and They choked a 12 point lead in crunch time…

Uncle Roy knows he had to wake up and pull a couple of slick moves from the bench with less than a minute left to save the game for his kids…

Wonder if he’s figured out Isiah Hicks was the difference… not Marcus Paige ??

who knows…

Not our circus… Not our monkeys…

Rick
    Keymaster

What I wanted to say was more than 140 characters and you realize that for most people that account is indicative of the typical reaction of a blogger on this site, so in a way it reflects on everyone that posts.

Just stop. I tire of your whining

choppack1
    Participant

Team really fought tonight. IMHO -,that sorry zone and allowing Paige to get good looks on 3s was the difference. The team that defended better won tonight. The refs – after screwing us – kept us alive for a 3 minute stretch…we made foul shots and turned the corner.

Less defensive brain farts and we win that game. This team – more than any that gott has had – will have to be good to very good defensively for us too win. Tonight we were not good defensively overall… And that’s why we lost.

PackofMac
    Participant

I sincerely have learned every team from UNSUX to even us is filled with ignorant fans. For the person who said anything negative about Trevor Lacey’s performance tonight you sir are ignorant…he had a very productive defender in his hip pocket all night. For you people making comments about Cat and Anya not showing up I have only one question…WHEN HAS CAT SHOWED UP. Last week 4 points 4 assists 4 turnovers, yet I was chastised and told what a great defender he was….if I may..”probably the best on ball defender in the ACC”. May want to check Mr. Paige’s stats on that. Our offense is unproductive, boring and predictable with Anthony Cat Barber playing the point. Yet Gott and almost all of you are in love with watching paint dry which is a perfect comparison to watching our offense with him running it.
    Anthony Barber…5 points tonight!!!holy sh*t he stepped it up!!! 4 assists and yes 4 turnovers, Marcus Paige…23 points (leading scorer) 5 reb’s 9 assists. No, no, no..calm your self down, I’m only comparing the two because Cat’s offense is obvious but his defense is the tops in the ACC…right? I’d almost rather wear any other teams t-shirt if we are going to continue with him running the point. A lack of point guard is the reason we lost and will lose….again if Anthony Barber continues to be our point guard.

WE HAVE DEZ LEE SITTING, SITTING yet he has proved he can play D and distribute the ball. Gott must be in deep with the Barber’s

WolfWiz11
    Participant

Dunno if someone already posted it, but we are 2-14 in regular season games after beating Dook or UNCheat, dating back to 1994-95. I guess the Devil literally is a Tarhole. Or vice versa.

LifeLongWolf
    Participant

EAS said:

Still think Gott is going to have to give some serious thought to what Cat’s role is going to be in the future.

This. Barber can play D and shows flashes on Offense, but is generally an offensive liability. Hope the lightbulb goes on at some point soon.

BassPacker
    Participant

1-20 after beating Dook or UNCheat I believe is more accurate according to WRAL5. I try and be a Cat Fan but have to agree, he brings zero to this team. I knew once he got the ball after the timeout needing a three in final seconds it was a mistake. No urgency then nor when bringing the ball up court or sitting a play. Would rather give the ball to Dez than Cat. Way overrated and way out of his league so far to me. He has atleast 4 or 5 bonehead plays, dribbles or passes that cost this team atleast 8 pts a game in unforced errors. We made our little run while he was on the bench as has been the norm all season. Ok, off my Cat soapbox.

SaccoV
    Participant

Agreed that Cat is now a liability. His defense isn’t that bad, but Paige has his number and then some. My worst fear for Cat is that he turns into Scooter Sherrill 2.0. KW is definitely playing well, and I like most everything he did tonight EXCEPT why does he continue to attempt to rebound by a volleyball kill? I counted three instances in the 1st half where he had position to get the ball with two hands and decided to swat at it, which cost us three possessions. Offensively, KW and Abu will be a wonderful combination in time, I’m just hoping that it is THIS season not NEXT season when they can play well together.

Viewing 25 posts - 326 through 350 (of 387 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.