N.C. State vs. Pittsburgh – 12pm

Home Forums All StateFansNation N.C. State vs. Pittsburgh – 12pm

Viewing 25 posts - 226 through 250 (of 283 total)
  • Author
    Rick
    Keymaster

Great game. Good response.
    I am still concerned about beating the press but time to celebrate

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

I’m very happy to see State play good defense (still not happy with the defensive rebounding) and good offense against a team that is their equal.

A Good Defense is NECESSARY

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Well.. I know ya’ll like this Panther beating…

anybody wanta go double or nothing on that ?

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

(still not happy with the defensive rebounding)

… ya’ll dont worry about this …
    last time Jigs was happy was 1983.

charger17
    Participant

Great effort. Good response. Playing with house money for the next two. Would love to take 2 of the next 4.

Rick
    Keymaster

Holy cow Buzz Williams head is huge.
    How does he find shirts to fit

BJD95
    Keymaster

I’m hoping that confidence and shaking our collective mental funk is all we really need to beat the press. We have the raw materials to do it just fine. And we did do it properly today – quick, aggressive diagonal passing.

But today can’t tell the tale on that front. Pitt traps about as effectively as HWSNBN’s slowest team.

Back to what I said on Page One – a blowout Pack win today would be the most NC State thing ever, after the weak showings against LT and Cincy.

charger17
    Participant

BTW, I don’t want to overstate this, but I’m struggling a little to understand Cat’s value on this team. I’m not saying he doesn’t have any, but our offense doesn’t really require a field leader, and even if it did, Lacy’s the one we need to have touches.

I think Cat really shines when he can be aggressive with his drives and find an open big man or kick it out to Lacy or Turner. When all he gets to do is fight around the high double team and then reverse the ball, he’s not much of an offensive asset.

Someone help my thinking here.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Back to what I said on Page One – a blowout Pack win today would be the most NC State thing ever, after the weak showings against LT and Cincy.

Was going to highlight this, haha

Buzz sweat straight through his shirts today … VT almost pulled off a big comeback against Syracuse

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

Quality defense mixed with quality offense resulted in a comfortable win today. Still some areas to improve on, mainly defensive rebounding and responding to pressure defense, but you can’t become great overnight so it’s a nice start on the road to getting better.

What is also impressive is State did this against a team that is their equal through this season.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^c17 … some of us had this conservation a week ago…

Cat on the Wing makes a lot of sense…
    for all the right reasons…

details here..
    http://www.statefansnation.com/forums/topic/guest-column-not-your-ucla-high-post-offense/

WolfWiz11
    Participant

Great win. As a coach, i would always be happy with great defensive effort in the face of a loss. And that’s what I want out of these guys in the next three games, no matter if we win or lose, play hard, tough defense. Hope the boys keep it up.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

In the postgame radio fluffer…

Coach says we are going to get up and be ready to play the next three…

BOTB says..
    OK Coach !!!

… check dat…

BOTB said…
    I really hope you’re right … Coach…

packer74
    Participant

Good win after an ugly start. Much better team effort on defense with energy. Rebounding on the defensive end still a concern. Tough road ahead.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Trivia Question…

When was the last time NC State was in sole possession of first place in the ACC
    with more than one victory ???

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

BIGS did good today…

ABU with 8 rebounds (all defensive) … a career high.. in 26 minutes…

ABU, Freeman and Anya … 19 rebounds, 18 pts, 5 blocks …
    KW did not show…

———–
    In the third quarter…

A##hat Bowl..
    BigA##s – 28
    LittleA##s – 14

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Lacey on the radio…

Coach said at practice this week … “No D – No minutes”.

Lacey told our man Gary … “We’ve GOTT to create our own ‘energy’ on Defense… and we’ve GOTT to depend on our Defense, not our Offense… ”
    (and intimated that we should see that on the three game Road Trip… )

Lacey (the disappointed ‘Bama Fan ) likes Oregon in the NC…
    go figure…

check dat….
    why not?

:>}

TheCOWDOG

One can find God and salvation in defense.

Ya just have to believe.

charger17
    Participant

Thanks, Bill. I started reading that piece on the Eve, but got distracted with family stuff. I 100% agree with the thoughts from that piece and felt like we saw more than usual of it in the 2nd half today.

tractor57
    Participant

I enjoyed this game of course. Better energy level, much better defense (other than rebounding) and although a bit sketchy on offense early that even came around. I’ll give Caleb a pass for that charge on the break with the dunk attempt – good call and maybe a bad decision but it did help to enforce the aggressive tone. His next dunk was incredibly slick. I think we will be enjoying twin power more and more. I have always thought good offense can spring from good defense and maybe that was today’s theme.

An up day for the bipolar thing that is the Pack

Gowolves
    Participant

At the game. First three minutes was crap. Abu looked lost then the light came on for all of them. Good game by all.

eas
    Participant

Great game…a few things.

1. Where is Desmond Lee???

2. The Martin Twins (both of them!) need to be in the game. Even with their rookie mistakes they play without fear and HUSTLE.

3. Abu is better than Anya.

4. Lacey needs to run point a lot more often.

5. KW needs to be on the bench a lot more than he is. He is still a spaz.

6. Lacey, Abu, Turner and the Martin Twins are a good lineup when paired together.

Much better effort today. It also helped that Pitt shot horribly. Still have lots to do on our 1/2 court offense but our transition offense is VERY good. If we play excellent Defense we can stay in the transition offense.

Rick
    Keymaster

One can find God and salvation in defense.

Ya just have to believe.

A consistently good defense would change this program.

Gowolves
    Participant

What I have hard time understanding is that no one on this team has any post moves. Two foot air balls, jump hooks that hit underneath the front of the rim. That has to improve.

WolfWiz11
    Participant

Des Lee is right where he needs to be (on the bench). Anya has no post moves, could be his lack of quickness, still needs to shed pounds. KW is only okay on offense, defensively, he plays soft for a “big” man. And, I loved seeing the Martin twins playing together, I think they really thrive playing as a duo. If we still had a legit tall guy like Vandy and a clear floor general, we would be dangerous.

Viewing 25 posts - 226 through 250 (of 283 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.