Home › Forums › All StateFansNation › N.C. State vs, Notre Dame – 6:30pm
- This topic has 432 replies, 52 voices, and was last updated 8 years, 4 months ago by Rick.
01/25/2015 at 9:42 PM #71500wufpup76Keymaster
Northwestern, my good friend in misery … you lead the Terps all night yet lose at the last second.
Wolfpack nation loves your company.01/25/2015 at 9:45 PM #71501JediwolfParticipant
Funny to me how everyone one this site is a dag gum expert basketball coach. I think all of you should quit your day jobs and pick up a clip board.
I’m sick of all the negativity. The team played hard tonight and lost a close one. Time to get ready for Clemson on Wed night.01/25/2015 at 9:51 PM #71502
Dumb mistakes, yes. Doesn’t change the fact this place is all too frequently overrun by dicks, douches, and asses.
You ate better than this.
Any site is going to be negative after losing an 18 point lead01/25/2015 at 9:56 PM #71503
If I’m Lacey, I ain’t throwin’ the bomb. But…I didn’t play D1 basketball.
If my old man was Gottfried, and I was Lacey…I’d have blistered ears.
BTW, I’ve always reserved the rights to save ref criticism for the worst.
I have no idea what planet Green, Moe and Curly came from. Bad, sh#t Maynard.01/25/2015 at 9:57 PM #71504coach13Participant
Keep taking it out on context to make it sound better. We had a 2 point lead. We miss the front end they have 12 seconds…TO TIE. It was dumb. Dumb Dumb. and whatever justification you look for it will still be dumb dumb dumb…and other teams like Notre Dame are glad we do dumb dumb things.01/25/2015 at 9:58 PM #71505tjfoose1Participant
We often disagree Rick, but that wasn’t directed towards you or almost all the regulars.
Mostly to the ones that only appear after a loss. Not to vent, but to rip the team, players, and/or coach.01/25/2015 at 9:59 PM #71506designo94Participant
Had to catch play by play on my phone tonight on Acc network. Did anyone else notice that they credited #13 CCorchiani with a foul? Took a screen shot. Couldn’t figure out how to post it. That made me laugh. Will post if someone can tell me how. First post. It’s tough being a state fan.01/25/2015 at 10:05 PM #71507
We often disagree Rick, but that wasn’t directed towards you or almost all the regulars.
Mostly to the ones that only appear after a loss. Not to vent, but to rip the team, players, and/or coach.
I actually agree with you bit sometimes the bad comes with the good01/25/2015 at 10:08 PM #71508bill.onthebeachParticipant
I GOTT to ask… no right or wrong answer… just curious that’s all…
Would your ears have been blistered for throwing the pass or for missing the pass ?
I’m betting if you had made the pass.. Pop would have just shook his head and called you a lucky mf…
FWIW .. your Pop was arguably as good or better basketball Coach than any on the bench in Reynolds or at the PNC except maybe one or two…
To posit an answer to your astronomy question…. Planet Luckie…#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!01/25/2015 at 10:08 PM #71509mak4dpakParticipant
Heard coach after the game, stated Lacey was given the option of the hail mary pass, and that the ball slipped off his hand, when attempting to throw it. Unreal! Also heard Turner say coach reminded them they were winning in Miami at halftime, and look what happened, yet the team comes out flat to start the second half, and shoot 39%. I don’t blame the coach, these guys need to work on their mental errors. Turner himself, said there were just too many mental mistakes. The hail mary pass wouldn’t even have factored into the game, if the guys can learn to show up for 2 halves. Hopefully we can get on a winning streak with Clemson/GT/Wake coming up. But the guys better show up for the entire game, or there may be more losses. Will say there was some bad officiating. Great defensive blocks, called fouls. Ref is blind. Was clear on the overhead tele, that there was no foul, yet our bigs end up on the bench, due some bs officiating.01/25/2015 at 10:16 PM #71510
Regretfully, he would have blistered my ears for thinking about it, not for the incompletion. Wrong place and time…Lacey knew it.
Gottfried once again handles a bad player choice with aplumb.01/25/2015 at 10:19 PM #71511wufpup76Keymaster
Will post if someone can tell me how. First post. It’s tough being a state fan.
Not sure how from your phone … and welcome to this glorious game thread 🙂
I think I’ll just post this video after every loss, no matter the sport. Not only is ‘Chicken Little’ extremely relevant after a loss, but there’s the huge added bonus that we get to laugh at that hole and his fantabulous, well-earned UNX-Fraud education!01/25/2015 at 10:20 PM #71512
^With aplomb, dammit01/25/2015 at 10:21 PM #7151313OTParticipant
If one Hail Mary failure wasn’t enough, we delivered TWO of them in a row. This is where this game was lost; it certainly wasn’t lost due to lack of effort.
I was there, and hate it that we lost a game in which so many of our guys did so many good things, only to end up losing on a couple of bonehead plays in the end.
I don’t have a crystal ball and don’t know how we’ll do from here on out, but I expect that after we get past Clemson Wednesday night, we’ll disappear into the dark, murky and ugly depths of the lower ACC. At least, down deep we won’t have to worry anymore whether or not we’re in or out, or even on the bubble.
That bubble burst tonight.01/25/2015 at 10:25 PM #71514PackofMacParticipant
Bill you only make that pass if the runner is one hundred percent open, was he??? That play consists of the runner and a guy streaking across for the higher percentage dump off pass. And I think everyone’s problem is not expectations yet disappointment from games, no matter how good we actually are, that we should have won yet pissed them away in the end. same ole story, I stick by my loser comment.01/25/2015 at 11:11 PM #71517bill.onthebeachParticipant#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!01/25/2015 at 11:23 PM #71518MISTA WOLFParticipant
I’m OK with the hail Mary because you play to win. With that being said, there should have been a personnel switch as far as Martin goes. No way in hell am I throwing the ball to the man that is being guarded by Jeilan Grant. He should have switched with someone and let them run that rout.01/26/2015 at 12:06 AM #71519MikeParticipant
I WILL defend the first hail mary pass. Why?
1. Aggressive play, and most of you here criticize lack of aggression.
2. How much trouble have we had with the press this year? A TON!
3. Who knows if the stripes would have called the foul? They missed so many rape calls against us it is not even funny.
4. Most teams do that at the end – see it all the time.
5. We inbound and get fouled, how is our FT shooting at the end? No guarantees we make both to go up 4.
6. I saw Martin take off and break free – he was open but a poor pass hurt us. Lacey knows only to throw it if it is open and he was, until the ball hung in the air like a punt.
7. Who is to say we would not have made a similar poor pass in bounds?
8. A pass from Lacey that is accurate 99 times out of 100, and Martin goes in for a dunk and a 4 pt lead, game over.
The stripes were terrible and I dont want to blame a loss on the stripes – but the whistles did change the complexion of the game. We got hacked all night and very few calls. We got called for several phantom and touch fouls all night. As a result, we lost our aggression on D, and we lost our will to drive and settle for the J.01/26/2015 at 12:27 AM #71521Tau837Participant
Had to watch the game on tape delay and just read the game thread. Comments:
1. To those bashing Gott for the team blowing the big lead… in the first half, State shot 62% and ND shot 37%, or something like that. When I saw those halftime numbers, I fully expected State to shoot worse and ND to shoot better and expected it to become a close game. That’s not on Gott.
2. However, like BJD, I was puzzled by the lack of minutes for Cat against the top offense in the nation, which is a completely perimeter-based offense. Like BJD, I was saying at halftime that Cat should start and play the majority of the second half to try to proactively prevent the expected ND second half run. IMO that was a coaching mistake on Gott.
3. I am one who typically tries to resist complaining about officiating, but I thought it was pretty poor tonight. Phantom foul calls on our bigs definitely hurt. I was furious about two plays in particular. First, the play where Martin was called for a perimeter foul and they awarded the shooter 3 free throws. His foot was on the line! And he made the third free throw, so that was an extra point they should not have had. Second, the call where the ND defender went over Martin’s back right in front of the ref, who called the ball out off Martin. Martin was mauled on it and Gott went ballistic.
4. As someone else posted, I couldn’t figure out why we didn’t sub in a big after the turnover on the long pass with 16 seconds left. On the next possession, ND played volleyball until they got the basket. Again, I think that was a bad decision by Gott.
5. Despite his flaws, I like Gott. Despite its flaws, I like this team. They don’t quit. And IMO they are on the verge of putting it all together. They have proven they can play with the best in the country — they played well enough to be in position to win against Duke, UVA, UNC, and ND… sure, they only won one of them, but the point is that this team can play with the best. I believe wins are coming in more of these games.
6. I think we will make the NCAA tournament this year. And I think next year, losing only Des and Turner, but gaining Henderson, we are going to be a really good team, a team that can challenge for top 4 in conference.01/26/2015 at 12:28 AM #71522ryebreadParticipant
I was on daddy duty and missed the game. Instead of staying up all night to watch it on tape delay, I read the post game results and score. It sounds like I’m glad I did.
Darn shame to let another one slip away. This team has had its chances, but just can’t close.01/26/2015 at 5:31 AM #71523WulfpackParticipant
The bubble did not burst. We’re still going dancing. We’ll win the next three and set up another big one with the Hoos. This team can play some ball. It just hurts to lose when your up 18 at home against a top 10 team that were better than. Should have definitely won it. It stings and will affect seeding (we’ll be seeded high yet again). We always seem to like to make it tough on ourselves.01/26/2015 at 6:23 AM #71524WulfpackParticipant
And yea, Cat felt the pine too much in the second. He was terrific on both ends. It’ll be interesting to see who starts Wednesday.01/26/2015 at 8:02 AM #71526
Despite his flaws, I like Gott. Despite its flaws, I like this team. They don’t quit. And IMO they are on the verge of putting it all together. They have proven they can play with the best in the country — they played well enough to be in position to win against Duke, UVA, UNC, and ND… sure, they only won one of them, but the point is that this team can play with the best. I believe wins are coming in more of these games.
6. I think we will make the NCAA tournament this year. And I think next year, losing only Des and Turner, but gaining Henderson, we are going to be a really good team, a team that can challenge for top 4 in conference.
I like Gott for the most part but am sick of his coaching. His recruiting is dropping like a rock. His seeming in ability to teach good defensive fundamentals. Fighting over a screen, boxing out, etc. are what keeps him in the bottom of the ACC.
This team is not going to “put it all together”. They are what they are. If Turner and Lacey are hitting we have a chance to win. We can gain and lose a lead with lighting quickness. We seem to not have the ability to finish games.
And truly laugh out loud if you think this team will be anything but a mid tier ACC team next year, or the year after etc.01/26/2015 at 8:03 AM #71527JohnGalt78Participant
I can tolerate Cat on offense when he is driving to the basket like he did last night verses dribbling around waiting for a turnover opportunity. That is proper use of this particular cat, IMHO. The twins are ballers. Those boys play with heart and hustle and guts. We have a lot of great pieces and are unstoppable when in sync. Coaches need to step up. This team has the potential to get on a run and mix things up in the ACCT. GO PACK!01/26/2015 at 8:05 AM #71528
The bubble did not burst. We’re still going dancing. We’ll win the next three and set up another big one with the Hoos. This team can play some ball. It just hurts to lose when your up 18 at home against a top 10 team that were better than. Should have definitely won it. It stings and will affect seeding (we’ll be seeded high yet again). We always seem to like to make it tough on ourselves.
We’ll see, a win against Duke can only take you so far. If we do make it, I am guessing we will be in the ejector seat.
Gott is an offensive Sendek.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.