N.C. State vs. Jacksonville Men's Bball tonight

Home Forums StateFans Basketball N.C. State vs. Jacksonville Men's Bball tonight

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    wufpup76
    Keymaster

N.C. State (2-0) vs. Jacksonville Dolphins (1-2)

7pm, PNC Arena

TV: Fox Sports Regional / Fox Sports South (Ch. 646 on Direct TV); Espn3 (subject to blackout)

Jacksonville Dolphins: http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/page/JVILLE/jacksonville-dolphins

Each of Jacksonville’s losses this season have come against previous Pack opponents – @ Hofstra (61-94), vs. Jackson St. (57-66).

Unfortunately, Jacksonville looks like a safe bet to finish w/ an RPI of well over 300 under fist year coach Tony Jasick 🙁 … that won’t do us any favors, but it is what it is.

Jacksonville’s only win came against Florida National (note that this is not Division 1 Florida International). Florida National plays in the USCAA.

The More You Know –
    Florida National Men’s basketball program started in 2013: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_National_University
    What is the USCAA?: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Collegiate_Athletic_Association

History – We’re 44 years removed from Jacksonville playing in the NCAA championship game, losing to UCLA in the 1970 title game. Jacksonville’s last NCAA appearance was in 1986: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacksonville_Dolphins_men%27s_basketball

Some better times for Jacksonville in recent years came in 2010, when the Dolphins swam into Tempe, AZ as an 8 seed in the NIT and knocked off 1 seed Arizona State, coached by The Desert Fox himself. Shockingly, ASU had the game more-or-less locked down leading by 11 w/ 3:59 to play – but allowed a totally unforeseen magical late Jacksonville rally:

Enjoy the game everyone!

pakfanistan
    Participant

Nice writeup, you’re on fire lately.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

^Happy to contribute, sir (ma’am) 🙂

Fastback68
    Participant

H— yeah, WP76! I’m out of radio jail. TWC Channel 40.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

H— yeah, WP76! I’m out of radio jail. TWC Channel 40.

^Thanks for the TWC channel … I googled it, but kept finding different results so I didn’t list anything 🙂

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Bump for almost game time …

Fastback68
    Participant

Crickets

Wufpacker
    Participant

Nice soft touch from KW to get the and1.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Not too sharp early …

BJD95
    Keymaster

Hey, an early season reminder how much/why I hate Mike Gminski.

Stupid N&O said ESPN3, couldn’t get it to pull up and it’s because blacked out b/c on FSCR.

Fastback68
    Participant

This game will prepare State for ACC slate. A foul called every 6 seconds.

BJD95
    Keymaster

And is this Wes muthafuckin Durham stinking it up alongside smarmy asswipe earring guy?

I remember JAX from old-school UNCC Metro days, growing up in CLT. I iz old

Rick
    Keymaster

Worst combo of announcers ever

Anya is a different human

Martin brothers hustling

BJD95
    Keymaster

Great TEAM body language out there. SOOOOO refreshing.

Fastback68
    Participant

How did that Martin combo look?

Rick
    Keymaster

Main twins are like yin and yang

wufpup76
    Keymaster

This game will prepare State for ACC slate. A foul called every 6 seconds.

^The tweets are active tonight … starters were a bit lethargic, but the twins & co. have injected some life.

^^Metro Conference! To quote Obi-wan, now that’s a name I’ve not heard for a long time …

Rick
    Keymaster

Nice pass by yin.

It is not a good sign that Abu is beat up the floor by kh

BJD95
    Keymaster

Holy fuckballs, I have identical twins. And the Martin boys are scarily clone-like, even to me eyes.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Twin A reminds me a bit of Warren when he’s around the rim, Wood when he’s on the perimeter.
    Confident from everywhere.

BJD95
    Keymaster

ALMKH should be quite fast. The full-sized version ran the court surprisingly well (ie, he wasn’t “Big Jelly” with flop sweat from walking to the scorer’s table).

So far, Caleb is Twin A, Cody Twin B. But they can compete over alpha status.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

BC gets past New Mexico in the Puerto Rico Tip-Off, and Miami cruises past Drexel in the Charleston Classic.

‘Cuse faces California at 9pm.

Go Duke football … down w/ Red Bull.

Bit of a lackluster NFL game tonight: Chiefs/Raiders … Raiders staring down the barrel of 0-16.

Wufpacker
    Participant

FSU and ‘Ville are both Metro alumni IIRC.

Rick
    Keymaster

Hooky cow what a block.

That is a tough set of players to get a lay up

BJD95
    Keymaster

Yup, the Ville was there too, and I think Memphis State. Unless they were indie.

Crap NFL game, but K State vs. WVU on FS1 is good football entertainment.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.