N.C. State vs. Duke – 1:30pm

Home Forums All StateFansNation N.C. State vs. Duke – 1:30pm

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 265 total)
  • Author
    wufpup76
    Keymaster

N.C. State Wolfpack (11-5, 2-1) vs. Duke Blue Devils (14-0, 2-0) – 1:30 pm @ PNC Arena | TV: CBS Duke team page | GoPack game preview N.C. State gets
    [See the full post at: N.C. State vs. Duke – 1:30pm]

Wulfpack
    Participant

This is a very strong Duke team, and I do not think we have the fire power. We’ll be lucky to keep it within 10.

NCSU84
    Participant

‘Duke has a strong team’.. ‘they are ranked’.. ‘They have beaten top tier teams’ ..high RPI. blah, blah, blah. I have heard all of these things. But THIS game is a tobacco road showdown and if history has taught us anything about tobacco road, a win IS possible. This is why we (Wolfpack Nation) will be in full force, this is why we will watch, this is why the game is played. Go Pack – Beat Duke!!

BJD95
    Keymaster

I have said it once, and shall now say it again. Duke is a MUCH higher variance team than UVA. We are much more likely to actually win this game. However, this is also a game where there is more danger of losing by 30 or 40. The range of plausible outcomes is vast.

From a macro level, it’s similar to NCAAT outcomes. I could see this Duke team winning it all, or flaming out in the 2nd round. UVA almost certainly makes it to weekend 2, and no further. All about the variance.

I will try a more upbeat wolven song this week:

This is as close as I get to young people music. Now get off my lawn.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I also really, really, really do not like the Patriots and the Cowboys. This is shaping to be a really piss poor weekend for me. And my liver.

Timbo
    Participant

I hope we win and as we leave the court they play Thunderstruck in the back ground

BJD95
    Keymaster

And it doesn’t look like CBS streams their games for free so I will have to fucking flip back and forth between us and the NFL. At least the Broncos are the late game.

FergusWolf
    Participant

In typical sign fashion, I expect this will be a referendum game, that if we lose will doom Gott to the dungeons of helm, while a victory will show him to be the greatest coach in history (outside Jimmy V, of course)

Go pack!

BJD95
    Keymaster

My prediction is we will get the opposite against the Holes. We will storm to victory today, and shit the bed midweek, or vice versa.

Texpack
    Participant

My prediction is we will get the opposite against the Holes. We will storm to victory today, and the bed midweek, or vice versa.

I would take that result in a heartbeat.

My prediction today is 74-72 Pack wins.

BJD95
    Keymaster

We got a good announcing crew, at least. Thanks, CBS!

BJD95
    Keymaster

Nice ball movement.

charger17
    Participant

I really like the number of touches our bigs are getting. We’ve got to be more aggressive on the D boards. Ok’s put back on the break was what Gott was furious about late in the UVA game.

Texpack
    Participant

Decent start. Duke won’t shoot the three this poorly all day.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Even from the bench, Okafor might knock down 2/4 from the paint.

Glad to see we’re fighting at least.

Texpack
    Participant

Abu with a horrible OOC shot followed by an even worse turnover. Gott is playing him for next year. That’s all I can figure.

packbackr04
    Participant

we are the only team in a power 5 conference who cant figure out who is supposed to inbound the ball

Wufpacker
    Participant

HippoSpin

Wufpacker
    Participant

Glad Lacey is back to Laceying.

charger17
    Participant

Who is that? oh, it’s Dez Lee!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Pack playing tough so far…

last four of the first will be critical…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Texpack
    Participant

Random Dez Lee appearance.

charger17
    Participant

We simply don’t run this offense correctly. Going back to Bill’s article, you have to run this offense like an in-bounds play (proactively), not like a quarterback reading a defense (reactively).

Wufpacker
    Participant

In other news, the ‘Boys have shown up in GB.

Texpack
    Participant

We are right on the edge of getting blown out.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 265 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.