N.C. State vs. Cincinnati – 4pm

Home Forums All StateFansNation N.C. State vs. Cincinnati – 4pm

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 141 total)
  • Author
    wufpup76
    Keymaster

N.C. State Wolfpack (10-3) vs. Cincinnati Bearcats (8-3) – 4pm @ PNC Arena; TV: EspnU Cincinnati team page ; GoPack game preview with links to game no
    [See the full post at: N.C. State vs. Cincinnati – 4pm]

Fastback68
    Participant

I’d appreciate a few score updates during the game. Carriage ride/biltmore tour/dinner, just shoot me now. Go Pack!!

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Will do, Fastback – enjoy your time at the Biltmore.

You’ll miss out on ol’ Brad Daugherty calling the game … Hole or not, I’ve always enjoyed Daugherty’s enthusiastic commentary and true North Carolina drawl. He did a game during the ACC-B1G challenge and I saw him listed for today’s game, so I looked up his status and it turns out Brad is back to doing basketball on Espn while also focusing on his racing team.

Anyway, we’ll make sure you’re covered 🙂

PapaJohn
    Participant

Fastback … hey, that sounds like … well, you’ll just have to shoot yourself. But nice work playing the romance card – she’ll love it, but the timing is a little off.

This is going to be a tough one lads and lasses. It is tough enough to get a good crowd during the holidays, but when you add in the 4:00 start, it’s going to be quiet. (but not in section 323!!!) Add in that they are one of those awkward teams that just play a frustrating game. Crowd support would really help. Very worrisome.

Seeing as this is our last preseason game, wouldn’t it be nice to see some glimmer of hope from the inside guys? Another cumulative 25/25 game? (and no, I don’t mean 25 turnovers and 25 missed shots)

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^F68 …

You think you GOTT it bad…
    The BossMan called a “meeting” in the OFFICE today at 5:00pm…
    (I work remote, but I gotta go crosstown for this one )

Who’s great idea was it to start a basketball at 4:00pm on a weekday, anyway ???

So the rest of ya’ll will need to pick up some slack on the board here …

I will be watching closely to see who’s on the floor with whom for the Pack at least until halftime…

BOTB’s keys to the game…
    1. More Lacey running the offense will be good for us…
    2. Can Abu && KW give repeat performances of the last game ?
    3. Anya is always the ‘wildcard’…
    4. Is Anthony relaxed and dong the things he does best ?

and
    5. Do we hold our own on the Defensive end of the court?

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    wufpup76
    Keymaster

I’ve got Rutgers-Northwestern on in the background as I work, and it is truly one of the ugliest games ever. Both teams went without a made field goal over about 10 minutes in the second half – that stretch came with 12 minutes to go in the game.

This is HWSNBN led N.C. State @ Iowa levels of bad, for those of you unfortunate enough to remember that 45-42 masterpiece of basketball that Iowa won.

pakfanistan
    Participant

This is HWSNBN led N.C. State @ Iowa levels of bad, for those of you unfortunate enough to remember that 45-42 masterpiece of basketball that Iowa won.

Now I gotta get drunk in the middle of the day. Thanks.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

^Haha I’m here to serve

13OT
    Participant

That one was a road game. The Herb Home Games at the RBC that I remember most were the Saturday afternoon late-game meltdown vs Syracuse, the 2OT loss to BC, the 10th-season 95-73 blowout vs UNC, the Clemson loss, the Saturday night UVA loss, and the Princeton NIT loss at Reynolds.

Then there were the road losses, including the Granddaddy of them all, the “Damon Thornton” loss at Maryland, not to mention the ACCT loss vs Duke when we blew a 15-point lead with 9 minutes to go. Just going to the game today and knowing Sendek won’t be on the sidelines will be heartwarming.

I think we’ll win this one because the team knows by now how important these OOC games are, especially the ones in late December. If only they can get “up” for the oncoming avalanche of ACC games in January and February.

But I agree with the time complaints. This one should have been played tomorrow at 4pm. I’m beginning to believe that if television told us to start it at midnight tonight, we’d comply. I’ll be there, and I predict a Pack victory.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

We must pay our respects to the ‘Damon Thornton’ call and game each season. A game which lives in infamy.

PackFamily
    Participant

I’ll be there today, cheering on the Pack with my kids and the extended family. Hoping for a win

Wufpacker
    Participant

Speaking of Iowa, they’re currently trying to get the road upset in Columbus.
    VT already looking bruised and battered, but holding their own so far @WVU.

wolfpackdawg
    Participant

On my way to the Belk bowl to freeze my ass off. Any recs for Bars/Eateries near the stadium?

wufpup76
    Keymaster

The ‘family’ must pull us through.

Iowa’s about to nail this down. I gave up on VT-WVa early, good on the Hokies hanging in there.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Thanks for the reminder. 🙂

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

Today’s matchup against Cincy is WVU part Deux with a few differences:

1. Cincinnati’s Offense is prone to turning the ball over.
    2. Cincinnati’s Defense is much better at keeping their opponents to low fg% inside the arc than WVU.
    3. Cincinnati’s Defense is decent at forcing TO’s but nothing like WVU.
    4. Cincinnati’s Defense is good about not sending their opponents to the FT line often unlike WVU who does it constantly.

While Cincinnati plays tough defense they aren’t stupid about senseless fouling. As a result I think this plays into NC State’s favor, they won’t force TO’s which has hurt the Pack and won’t send the Pack to the FT line where they have trouble.

If the Pack is looking for someone to draw a foul from that’s Freshman Guard Deshaun Morman (#1) who has an astounding 28% possessions but draws 7 fouls/40 minutes.

Players to be aware of are #11 FR SF Gary Clark & #2 JR Octavius Ellis. Both are efficient shooters and rebounders on both ends. Ellis is great at blocking shots and getting to the FT line (though not very good at shooting them) but is a little TO prone.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

^Good rundown. Thanks.

Rick
    Keymaster

I am at work so updates will be nice. I hate we let Clark get out of Raleigh as I think he will end up being a great four year player.
    Is Cronin still out?

Wufpacker
    Participant

Is Cronin still out?

Yup

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Cronin is out. Also, WVa continues to be a thorn as we’ll miss the start of our game to finish watching WVa’s 30 point win over VT.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Cronin is still out, AFAIK.

VA Tech looking worse against the WVA pressure than we did. Their players look completely shell shocked.

Texpack
    Participant

At work and can’t watch. Best wishes for a speedy resolution and recovery to Cronin. I had a friend die of a brain aneurysm when I was in Jr. High. That is a really scary situation. I’m glad they caught it when they did.

MrPlywood
    Participant

If anyone can find a stream please let me know. Thx.

Wufpacker
    Participant

VT/WVU announcers claim start of game on ESPNews…but it’s not.
    Tied 4-4 early FWIW.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Three early turnovers and an early foul on Anya … those of you at work fret not, we’re still watching WVa – VT. Cincy scoring early off of turnovers.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 141 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.