More from opening day of football camp

Home Forums All StateFansNation More from opening day of football camp

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    StateFans
    Keymaster

Link to practice notes provided courtesy of NC State. “• The team began hitting the field around 9:15 a.m. for a 9:45 flex. There was light rain in th
    [See the full post at: More from opening day of football camp]

ryebread
    Participant

As discussed in the past, while the D wasn’t great last year (it can’t be great if you lose 9 games), it wasn’t the main problem. The main problem was the offense. I thought the D looked better, especially with respect to positioning.

I did think it was interesting that the one staff move made was in the DBs. That coach came with DD from NIU. DD mentioned that we needed to play tighter in the secondary this year. It will be interesting to see how that goes with the 4-2-5.

I view the 4-3-4 and the 4-2-5 as basically the same defense, particularly in college. College Will LBs and strong safeties physically look about the same. In theory you just get a kid who might be a step faster, be more comfortable playing in space and who can cover a bit tighter.

PackFamily
    Participant

I disagree. It takes a different player to line up as the rover or 5th DB than an LB who can cover the slot receiver or another wideout. I am more optimistic with the 4-2-5 D.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.