Monday Night in Tally Insomnia Remedy Game Thread

Home Forums All StateFansNation Monday Night in Tally Insomnia Remedy Game Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 135 total)
  • Author
    MrPlywood
    Participant

switchblade workin’

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

… yep and we GOTT Four Days before we play DOOK in Cameron….

let’s just win this one first!!!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    BassPacker
    Participant

Man I love see Cat stay one more year…

Wufpacker
    Participant

We Gott Dis.

BJD95
    Keymaster

so…best case, get the ball back, shoot a 3 to win or lose.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

?Down two with 35 seconds..

1. go for the steal
    2. foul ’em…
    and take your chances…

Noles 9 for 15 from the line tonight…

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

NUTS!!!

MrPlywood
    Participant

Leaked that in.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Son of a bitch.
    FSU got a horseshoe up they arse.

BJD95
    Keymaster

GUH

MrPlywood
    Participant

Damn nice effort on the road. Featuring ADJUSTMENTS by Gott.

BassPacker
    Participant

Dont think with the nite Napoleon was having he should have taken the last shot. Damn you Rico !!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

that sucks a big one for the kids…

but you GOTT to love these kids…
    Zone D the entire second half…

Wufpacker
    Participant

Damn nice effort on the road. Featuring ADJUSTMENTS by Gott.

Yep. Agreed. I hate losing….A LOT. But all things considered I gotta be pretty proud of the boys cajones shown tonight.

Onward and upward, gents.

MrPlywood
    Participant

All our wildest dreams did not come true.

Packzingo
    Participant

Great effort but just not enough left in the tank!!
    Cat’s awesome just wish there was some consistent help.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^one true guard…
    seven forwards…
    three freshman….

all of ’em playing their a##es off…
    including Anya

redisgood
    Participant

Mav had some misses at crucial points in the game. 1 for 7 overall. I hope he works on his shooting in the offseason. I guess I have to remind myself he’s only a freshman. It’s good he has no fear.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Good night guys…
    thanks for a quality game thread …

I GOTT to ride the little red tractor in the morning…

@Tractor57
    – that one’s a 140, bro —

BassPacker
    Participant

You know, like numchuku skills, bow hunting skills, 3 pt shooting skills… Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills!

xphoenix87

Poor Cat Barber. What an effort tonight. Thoughts:
    – Props to Gottfried for the halftime adjustments. The zone worked and, more importantly, the double high screen was extremely effective. I hope we continue to see it for the rest of the season.
    – Maverick Rowan’s confidence is in the toilet. He’s had plenty of off shooting nights, but this was by far the worst. His form was noticeably bad, and at no point did he look like he thought his shot was going in. Late in the second half, I was actually wishing for Shaun Kirk instead. With Maverick’s shot so broken, he just brings nothing else to the table.
    – Speaking of Kirk, he wasn’t a disaster in this game, which means its the best game he’s played yet. His length and quickness helped cover ground in the zone, and he wasn’t jumping out of position like normal.
    – Our late game execution continues to be abysmal. When you’re down 4 with 15 seconds left, you have to score as quickly as possible and foul. There should’ve been no timeout, you just want Cat to fly down the court and go for a layup. You take advantage of the fact that they don’t want to foul you. Even if that shot by Maverick goes down, there’s maybe 5 seconds left on the clock, which just isn’t enough. Plus, we only have one play that we run for a late game shot. All of us knew that play was coming, and you’d better believe that FSU knew it was coming too.
    – I have no idea why Abu was in the game for that last defensive possession rather than Freeman or Anya. There was a timeout called, you can go offense for defense, and Abu is our worst defensive big men by a substantial margin. If you’re worried about Anya’s lack of mobility I can kind of understand that (though you’re in a zone and know that they’re going to run the clock down. That’s exactly when you want your big, long shot-blocker in there), but there’s nothing Abu does on defense that Freeman doesn’t do better. For that matter, why didn’t you have Freeman in instead of Rowan?
    – Cat Barber would average 7-8 assists per game if he played with big men who could actually catch and finish.

tractor57
    Participant

Better but still not quite there. Cat is truly is amazing both in the minutes he plays this year and in the progress he has made with his game from year to year. The rest of the team does some good things and some bad things – of late more to the good.

And Bill that 140 is a sweet little tractor

BassPacker
    Participant

“And Bill that 140 is a sweet little tractor”

I like my green 1949 M better….she sounds so sweeeet too.

Wulfpack
    Participant

We got down 14 and could not fight all the way back. Some poor execution down the stretch. FSU did what they had to do to close us out. We’ve now lost to them twice.

Bottom line – we are 2-8. Continue to polish that turd if you like, but I’ve checked out.

tjfoose1
    Participant

See ya fair weather.

While I’m far from happy with the results of this year’s team, and have somewhat emotionally divested myself, I’m still a fan of my university and will continue to cheer on my fellow Wolfpack collegiate athletes as long as they put in the time and effort.

You might feel more at home with the fans of the school down the road.

Good luck.

WUF – Dunno who canned this, but I see no reason for it having been del’d. Please let me know if I’m missing something here.

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 135 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.