MBB: Pack In The Final Lists of Two High Profile 2015 Recruits

Home Forums All StateFansNation MBB: Pack In The Final Lists of Two High Profile 2015 Recruits

Viewing 19 posts - 26 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    jimi eno47
    Participant

GP seems to be a Greek Purvis … announces that he is going to make campus visits in USA and then decides to stay in Greece to play “pro” … I wonder what they will use for money to pay him. Time for Anya to get serious!!!

redisgood
    Participant

He will probably declare for the NBA next year, and then shoot up the draft boards like so many Europeans. Scouts seem to like what they don’t see.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Well, shit. We lost to abstention.

Packzingo
    Participant

Personally, and I’m probably in the minority but I think the one stint with GP would be a set back for Anya and Abu…. I think the ego’s would be issues. I jus remember the problems created with our previous one and done center…..

BJD95
    Keymaster

Plus, had KH gotten upset and eaten him (and c’mon, Greek IS delicious) he might push 4 bills, and even I would admit that’s just too damned much.

13OT
    Participant

Love the one you’re with.

redisgood
    Participant

Kind of a strange twist, Rowan just added Louisville and WVU to go along with St. John’s and State. He also dropped Wisconsin, likely due to the Bo Ryan announcement. Something must have changed as he was a lock for St. John’s.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Drachma!

JohnGalt78
    Participant

redisgood, you got sources???? Gott did not know what you know yesterday afternoon. I have a source for that tidbit.

jimi eno47
    Participant
    PapaJohn
    Participant

“Rowan just added Louisville and WVU to go along with St. John’s and State”

That doesn’t sound good for us.

Heelh8r
    Participant

I jus remember the problems created with our previous one and done center…..

I’m with you, Zingo. And I can’t remember his name either.

JohnGalt78
    Participant

^ J J Hickson

Adventuroo
    Participant

It is rumored that Chancellor Merkel personally called “The Greek” and told him that Germany would bail out the Greek economy and that his Greek “Dracma’s” and the Euro would be sound. That is why he decided to stay.

As to the OTHER ONE….who knows…..this is the dregs of the “Silly Season” (NASCAR Venacular) for trying to figure out WHO is playing.

On a more serious note, reliable sources say that BJ is like an alcoholic….or foodaholic. He has one of the best dieticans advising him and the training table foods are literally “laid out” for him. But (during last season), he would fall off the wagon and down a few Wendy’s Tri-Burgers or the equivalent Cook Out of Char-Grill…..and be hungry a few hours later and do it again. Personally saw him also doing the same at a restaurant right after practice on the night before a game.

I do NOT feel good about his weight. He is very devout and needs to be as disciplined about his diet as his faith….

Time will tell….but, we have the makings of a good team with some potential for Gott earning some “incentives”. The Greek’s decision is a bit like Trevor’s….if Trevor does not hook up with a US NBA organization, then with the world economy not being really chipper, the big $$ in the foreign leagues might not materialize.

BUT, you can’t tell a 22ish person something that they already KNOW….

redisgood
    Participant

If nothing else, I wish Beejay would do it for himself. There was another guy you may remember with a similar story. Robert “Tractor” Traylor battled weight problems throughout his time at Michigan and in the pros. Pretty much the same size as Beejay. He died at 34 of a heart attack. That much weight is an awful strain to put on your heart, especially if you are trying to play a sport like basketball.

redisgood
    Participant

I have a feeling Rowan is going to announce in a few days. Gottfried is there watching him today, but I will be surprised if he ends up here. I sure hope so though. The guy can shoot the three.

Packzingo
    Participant

When I was typing I couldn’t think of JJ’S name…..flushed it from my memory.
    But I recall when there was a pass down low, four guys would drop their head and run to the defensive end..LOL.

IF our coaches can develop the talent we have as in the pass couple year’s, we could be interesting to watch. Maybe not a sweet 16 but who would have predicted that in ’15…..

Packzingo
    Participant

^ was suppose to read : develop the talent we have as in the PAST….

Fastback68
    Participant

The closest I have ever been to a Division 1 recruit is when Prince Shembo nearly crushed my 7 year old son while jumping into the neighborhood pool. It seems the RUMOR drums across several State sites are beating R O W A N. Anybody out there with real connections hearing anything?

Viewing 19 posts - 26 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.