Louisville Game Thoughts

Home Forums All StateFansNation Louisville Game Thoughts

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 212 total)
  • Author
    Gowolves
    Participant

Victory formation! Love it!

Gowolves
    Participant

He just said QB U! That’s right bitches.

maverick_ncsu
    Participant

Love DD’s on field post game. Said he knew Finley would tear their secondary up if they protected him. Said he loved the players and was emotional.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

And that’s the BALLGAME !!!

Smoke if you got ’em….

Gary just called Petrino… Pitino..

PACK led from start to finish…
    and our DEFENSE was extraordinary!

NOW… I don’t want hear no sh@t about nothing…
    except our players..

Show the LOVE!

POP!!!!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    TheAliasTroll
    Participant

the legend of the chubbz rolls on

freshmanin83
    Participant

How sweet it is.

tractor57
    Participant

Good enough I think.

Texpack
    Participant

That was just plain sweet! I despise Petrino which makes it even sweeter.

Packzingo
    Participant

Congrats DD!!! Awesome game!!

packalum44
    Participant

I’ve predicted that Harmon may be our best NFL player. Louis is closing the gap and his development is amazing.

Finley was the better QB. Lamar has little chance for a lustrous NFL career. Very small chance to be a consistent starter. Nevertheless, and thankfully, he will turn pro next year but we will still keep Finley.

tractor57
    Participant

At this rate Finley might declare also and if he does I think he will make a fine NFL QB. Jackson might as well depending on the offense he is asked to run.

Greywolf
    Participant

Just got home. Loved reading your comments. I’m wrung out. Catch you tomorrow.

Fastback68
    Participant

Sweet D scores, lots of great national press tonight. Go Cloggers. May the top 10 all lose this weekend.

YogiNC
    Participant

Louisville by at least 20.

State flubs the 1st half, down by 21 at half. Nice 3rd quarter and narrows it to 13 points. Late pick by Louisville seals the deal, 41-20.

Mc, it’s uncanny that the result was almost exactly the opposite, THANKFULLY. I was impressed by DD during the post game interview. That guy really loves his team, and face it doubters, it is HIS team. I remember what he said after his first win against UNX about being a blue collar team. This win was just that, burly MEN kicking BUTT!

Smarter than the average bear

McCallum
    Participant

^
    That is very erudite Yogi. I don’t mind being wrong especially if the outcome is pleasing.

I did nail the points and the interception prediction was classic NC State paranoia. The play calling inside the 15 yd line must change. State converts there and they win by 30 going away. Hines was a big factor last night, better keep him healthy. The defensive line is a load but I called that at the start of last season.

State ran the ball, had one turnover and controlled the Louisville QB. The kicking game cost State 3 points which they will not be able to afford in the future.

Enjoy these Fresca days boys.

McCallum

YogiNC
    Participant

Yep Mc, I was screaming at the tube on that first drive (and two others). Get that close and forget who brung you to the dance. That does need fixin’. I wonder what the heck happened to JaySam when we got that close (and other times too, I thought maybe he’d gotten dinged up).

One would think somewhere, somehow they could find a kicker, go steal one from the pro soccer team. If I wuzn’t almost 65 I’d dust off my cleats and ask DD for a shot at it. Was decent at it back in the day. AT any rate I never missed inside the 30, but that was a LONG time ago.

Smarter than the average bear

freshmanin83
    Participant

McCallum do you get a new nickname G. Costanza?

WolftownVA81
    Participant

Very impressive win on a big stage. Congrats to the team for an all around stellar performance. For me, this shows we can handle some success and perhaps go much farther than most of us thought we would. Stay focused guys, one game at a time.

I also liked the announcers and appreciated that they stayed focused on our game and gave us some props as well.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Dave matched his best ACC win total 3 games into the conference schedule. And impressively 2 of those were against ranked teams. Can’t help to get pumped for the rest of the season (frik they’ve sucked me in.. the past few seasons I had perfected leaving my emotions at the door). I didn’t hear him complaining about the fans after the game last night either. Pack fans were directly responsible for at least 20 yards of penalties at critical junctions of the game.

I’m hearing that Clemson game is to be played under a full moon as well. Hmm…

Go Pack!

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

lol yup, full moon out for the Clemson game on Nov 4th.

https://www.calendar-12.com/moon_calendar/2017/november

awwwwwwwww sshhh!t

rthomas44
    Participant

Replay on ESPNU now!

Wulfpack
    Participant

Congrats to the Pack! We got a squad!

ryebread
    Participant

^
    The play calling inside the 15 yd line must change. State converts there and they win by 30 going away. Hines was a big factor last night, better keep him healthy. The defensive line is a load but I called that at the start of last season.

State ran the ball, had one turnover and controlled the Louisville QB. The kicking game cost State 3 points which they will not be able to afford in the future.

Pretty good synopsis of the game, good and bad. I think that Hines and Finley played their way on to some draft boards last night given all the pro scouts in attendance. They see the little things, so I imagine some of our OL did as well (think the DL, JSam and Harmon were already there).

This was DD’s best win at NC State. I felt like this was a harder game for NC State given the circumstances than FSU was two weekends ago — short week, night game, huge expectations, do it all QB, much better opposing coach for in game adjustments, etc.. This thing was set up for Lucy yanking the football out from Charlie Brown.

To me the sweetest thing about last night was the third quarter. The team came right out aggressively and didn’t get out scored. Louisville is well coached and schemed. They’d really studied our offensive play book (Wakeyleaks? — haha) and knew what we liked to do in certain situations. I was worried during halftime about the second half, but the team rose to the occasion. Nice job.

Does anyone know if JaySam got injured? He seemed to disappear in the second half. Granted, Hines stepped up big time, and maybe we were just going with the hot hand, but there were times when I thought we’d get it to #1 and we either couldn’t, didn’t, or he just wasn’t out there (hard to tell on TV).

On to Pitt. I’m thankful we have the extra days to prepare. Something tells me that we’ll need them to get the team re-focused. We need a win there before two very difficult games in succession.

freshmanin83
    Participant

I think after Pitt there is a bye week so that could help the Pack get ready for the next two games. Maybe other teams will be worried about the Pack for a change.

maverick_ncsu
    Participant

I also liked the announcers and appreciated that they stayed focused on our game and gave us some props as well.

I totally agree on this and said this a few times last night. Sometimes ESPN spends the whole game talking about their other games. I don’t know if it was because the announcers weren’t college football announcers or what, but they really did spend almost all of the time focused on our game. They gave our crowd props ALL night, and were really balanced. I don’t have a twitter account to let them know, but I hope ESPN hears that this type of announcing is what fans want, where they actually talk about the game and both teams, not just the one they’re propping up.

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 212 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.