Les Miles

Home Forums StateFans Football Les Miles

Viewing 10 posts - 26 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    choppack1
    Participant

Les is definitely a riverboat gambler. It’s odd that someone who takes so many chances in special teams and goes for it a ton plays so close to the vest offensively.

It’s also stranger that Mike Gundy was one of his assistants and well, his offenses have been so vanilla recently. Unless he’s had an awakening – I think his best days are behind him.

He won’t have the talent advantage he had in baton rouge here. Maybe he can recapture that magic he had at okie state and match the results of amato and O’Brien (which the current staff hasn’t done yet .)

Wulfpack
    Participant

Miles is a Tar Heel fan, as his son is a walk-on QB:

“I think I’ll see if my son can arrange a ticket,” Miles said. “I can tell you one thing, I’m going to be rooting for the LSU Tigers, I’m going to be rooting for the Tar Heels, I’m going to be rooting for the Cowboys, and I’m going to be rooting for Michigan.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Factoids for consideration…..pesky little things…..DD’s Contract, which is NOT a secret…..see below….

Click to access davedoeren-ncsu-employment-contract.pdf

Contract runs through December, 2019….so he has (assuming he is NOT terminated for “convenience”) three (3) more years.

Base was UPPED to $840K. Therefore, he would receive $2,520K. Supplemental Salary is $1,360K or a total of $2,200K.

Les Miiles will get around $9 – $10 Million….but it will be paid out over a 6 (Six) Year period….that was the devil in the details. His contract, I THINK, was actually for FOUR (4) Years (Including THIS year). SO, instead of $3 Million or so, he will get $1.5 Million. That extended payout (which has been quasi confirmed) keeps him off the market longer, but he gets ALL the MONEY.

Therefore, if Les WERE offered the job….and assuming that we would “UP THE ANTE….”, to say $3 Million, then Les would only have a NET increase of $1.5 Million. BUT, he would have to work about 11 months out of the year. Half of that would be a 12 – 14 hour day for at least 6, maybe 7 days. The other period of time would be normal….probably 8 – 10 hours and maybe only 5 days per week.

Consider that he COULD get a gig and become a “Talking Head”. He could probably earn the SAME amount and not have to really WORK hard. He would fly first class or on a jet. he would have his own staff and not have a worry in the world.

SO, what are the odds of him taking a job….whether at NCSU or any other “same” level school? SLIM (I will NOT include NONE). BUT, if some power house school wanted him, then he would get more.

However, you NEVER know about what drive, ambition, ego, “reaction to being fired”, etc. will do to any individual’s personal goals…..

FWIW…..Remember Noel Mazzone? Chuck’s OC….during the PR years. He NEVER was a HC. He has had a long and storied career and is currently at Texas A&M. BUT, in between gigs, he had many opportunities….however, he was the Panther Creek HS (yes, High School, Cary, NC) OC in 2009. GO FIGURE…

DD will not be bought out….IMHO. He may (or may not….which candidate do YOU think will win the presidency….That is a MUCH EASIER bet) be bought out. We do NOT have the resources (off shore oil?) that LSU does.

Our Athletic Department’s budget or operation is pretty solid. We are not (last time I checked) operating in the RED….(OK, we WEAR RED). That is part of our legacy (cross?). SO, pulling out $2.5 Million would need to be OFFSET by increased attendance. THAT was the justification for firing Sidney….how’d THAT work out? YES, we have won more games, but we are NOT the force we once were in the ACC.

If we only have 3 or 4 wins, then AD Yow MIGHT make the move….but both scenarios are far fetched….

We had ONE Les….and it would take a LOT of Sheckles to buy out DD… Doubtful we will have another LES…

McCallum
    Participant

All I can say is try the boudin at Billy Rays in Opelousas.

McCallum

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Roo, any chance Les takes us on pro-bono? Maybe as a charity case?

Adventuroo
    Participant

Troll,

Don’t know….Try this link and let us know what you come up with….

http://www.athletespeakers.com/speaker/les-miles/

Anyone look at the Panther Creek HS (Cary, NC) record in 2009 vs prior and subsequent years? Did Mazzone bring new life to Panther Creek….or was it like the Gene Chizik “psychological” impact at UNC?

Heels DID pull off win over Pitt, but it was Trubinsky (Sp?) and Switzer (now nominated for immediate inclusion in the sainted Charlie CHOO CHOO Justice HOF) that did it…certainly NOT the Vaulted (OK, maybe they WERE in a Vault) UNC Defense that let Pitt score so easily in the first 3 quarters.

IF Switzer scores more, there is a rumor afoot that certain comments made by Choo Choo will be released proving he were a WHite Racist…..and therefore….. it is appropriate to rename all of his legacy to Switzer. That will include a section of Keenan, the HOF and the CH street. A supply of Votive Candles has been added to the emergency stock of the UNC Snowflakes Squad…

McCallum
    Participant

They may give him a Noble Prize.

Wait, that is Schweitzer.

McCallum

Texpack
    Participant

Tom Herman might leave UH after this season, but I doubt it. I think he is good for another 2-3 years even if UH doesn’t get a Big 12 invite. If they do get invited, he’s here until tOSU, UT, ND or some similar job opens up. Go Coogs!

13OT
    Participant

With the current NCSU AD, I’d doubt that even a good high school coach would want to come here to coach football.

McCallum
    Participant

There may be an opening at North Moore soon.

North Moore > State

McCallum

Viewing 10 posts - 26 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.