Les Miles

Home Forums StateFans Football Les Miles

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    saigonwolf
    Participant

Thoughts?

GO!

saigonwolf
    Participant
    Prowling Woofie
    Participant

I guess 77% winning percentage isn’t good enough when you have to compete with Saban and Bama ?

Adventuroo
    Participant

ER,

I do NOT feel too sorry for him. His severance is $10 KK (that’s Millions to a politician). His OC will get $2 KK. I think that is more than we would owe DD….but that’s a DIFFERENT thread.

Who they gonna hire and what are they gonna pay? Doubt it will be a Bowden DNA possessing person. Wonder if Fedora has submitted game video (NOT TAPES or FILM)?

Wonder if John Fox is interested….his Bears don’t seem interested in playing, much less WINNING.

I watched the final play, LIVE. Then the Replay and the Ref taking points off the board. Auburn went wild….Les got fired…

IF LSU has that kind of resources, then why pray tell in the home of the most political politicians in the past 60 or so years, did they NOT grease the palm of the Ref and the Replay Officials?

YogiNC
    Participant

I guess some of the boosters are planning on digging up Bear Bryant. Oh wait, I hear Lane Kiffen may be available.

There comes a point in this madness (and it is madness) where unrealistic expectations overrule reality. In the absence of Sabin Les did pretty good. Heck, a lot of SEC programs were moderately successful. The problem with Sabin is he has a monster of a brand in Alabama football. Ain’t many programs out there that have the clout that the pachyderm with the big A has. I see lots of wanna be’s taking their respective shots and always coming up short for a long time to come. The Tide is gonna roll through the SEC and national championships for many a moon, and as the old saying goes “ain’t thing one anyone can do about it”. The rest will always be playing for second.

Smarter than the average bear

Wulfpack
    Participant

Les knew the deal this season – no surprise here.

packbackr04
    Participant

i would be changing the nameplate on Doerens door when he showed up this morning…. hire that man immediately. i dont care what needs to be done… Lets be proactive for once.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

I’d love to have Les here, but I don’t even think he’d pick up the phone to decline.

ryebread
    Participant

Les’s time had come. I was surprised they retained him after last year. Alabama building that monster with the way LSU views college sports and football in particular was eventually going to get Miles fired.

Having said that, Miles is the best LSU coach in my lifetime. For a long time, they were a slumbering giant much like Texas is today. They must think they have someone on the hook if they’re making that change. Speaking of Texas, if they make a move this offseason (and maybe Oklahoma does too?), then that will be the best job open. LSU probably made this move to strike while the iron was hot.

Oh and Les to NC State is absolutely laughable. Every middling college team probably is saying the same thing right now.

TheCOWDOG

Why in the world do you see Miles as some kinda’ panacea for what ails you? His football is outdated, people.

StateRed44
    Participant

Maybe it is laughable I don’t know, but he probably will take a step down I would think. He would be a significant upgrade here and really shake things up for us I would think. Why not us?

pakfanistan
    Participant

They must think they have someone on the hook if they’re making that change.

Plot twist! It’s Doeren.

JasonP
    Participant

No thanks. Talent at LSU hides a lot of problems. Lower talent quotient brings out all the issues like clock management and complete inability to move the football.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him end up in the Big 10. Or just retire. He got $10M for leaving right?

JasonP
    Participant

They must think they have someone on the hook if they’re making that change.

Plot twist! It’s Doeren.

Shymalan-esque.

I bet it’s Herman or Fedora.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Why in the world do you see Miles as some kinda’ panacea for what ails you? His football is outdated, people.

Come on now, CD. Les Miles would be a home run hire for NC State. He wouldn’t win any national championships here, I don’t even think Nicky Saban himself could do it here, but you don’t think we’d see an uptick in recruiting with Les dropping into kids living rooms flashing a National Championship ring? If nothing else there’d certainly be buzz around the program again.

You don’t turn away a coach with a ring.

Fastback68
    Participant

We would have a better chance to win the Coach Me Cowher Contest which is only for one day.

MISTA WOLF
    Participant

I could see Les going to ND. Kelly’s a$$ is gra$$ too and I bet USC’s coach is shown the door as well. The belle of the ball is definitely Tom Herman, who will have his pick of the litter. I’d love to have Lincoln Riley, Brent Venables, Chad Morris or Rhett Lashlee. I’d actually rather Doeren get the job done, instead of standing on the sidelines with a look on his face that matches someone whose been through the Golden Corral buffet too many times. Ahhhhhhhhh… The meat sweats.

tractor57
    Participant

Ass this dreaming of the “current flavor” reminds me of the epic thread and how Foulup really screwed cashing Calimari …

ryebread
    Participant

I don’t think Les is going to win any titles here (or anywhere else at this point). I don’t think he’s ever coming to State, and think those suggesting that need their heads examined.

I do think he’s considerably better than what we have now………

tj foose
    Participant

Billy Donovan was seen on campus today

tj foose
    Participant

AzHat saw him

StateRed44
    Participant

I’d be fine with a top SEC or Clemson assistant at this point. This is how FSU and Clemson went, and look at them.

YogiNC
    Participant

Hmmmm, the mad hatter in Rawlee vs. the hat on the hump. I’m not totally sure bringing Les is more to state would work, that dude has been drinking way too much swamp water down in the bayou. Zika anyone?

Smarter than the average bear

rthomas44
    Participant

I am most surprised that he was fired after 4 games. WTF! LSU is insane! They have thrown away this season. What does this tell the next coach?
    I know it’s the SEC, but I still say they’re wacko!

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

I don’t think Les is going to win any titles here (or anywhere else at this point). I don’t think he’s ever coming to State, and think those suggesting that need their heads examined.

I do think he’s considerably better than what we have now………

If he wants to keep coaching and if NCSU has an opening then his options may truly be limited as to where he may go. He will not go to SEC, and I doubt a top tier program (tx, nd, USC etc) is going to hire a 64 year old so again if he wanted to keep going we could make it appealing to him to do so. He stays in the south, goes against the big boys (ego boost) and would basically walk on water among our fans from day 1. As it stands right now, today, where else could he go that is comparable to NCSU? I just dont see it

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.