Lady Pack defeats #24 Syracuse – 10 point comeback

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Lady Pack defeats #24 Syracuse – 10 point comeback

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Adventuroo
    Participant

The 14-1 Lady Wolves defeated Syracuse this afternoon. Really exciting game. Ladies ruled for the first half. Then lost old Mo. They were down 10…but showed their femininity and came back and scratched and clawed and pulled it out. Four in double figures. Had foul issues with the PG, but everyone stepped up.

This was the best NCSU BB game that I have to….have attended 4 in the past 9 days. One really ugly win (UNCG) and two disappointing losses at the PNC. Reynolds was loud even though the crowd was probably around 40%. They sell SENIOR Reserved seats for $5. Now that was a deal. Split a drink with the DW and a popcorn. Cheapest date in a long time.

I will point out that the SR Section was really rocking….the lady next to me was at least 5 years my senior and she yelled at the lady ref….”Ref, you SUCK”. Her hubby ribbed her and she blushed. Yelled, at the top of my lungs, a shot clock countdown for Syracuse on a critical possession….except I was off by about 3 seconds. My little timing error prompted the Cuse’ Guard to hastily put up an errant shot. Got high fived by the gray haired crowd.

MrPlywood
    Participant

The women will surely be ranked now, with a chance to improve on that with a win at Carolina. The Heels lost to MD today. Nice job with the “senior moment” countdown…

StateFans
    Keymaster

Friggin 14-1

14-1!!!

Have won 8 straight

So happy for the program

StateFans
    Keymaster

StateFans
    Keymaster

wufpup76
    Keymaster

That’s awesome … hope they continue to get deserved recognition and increased attendance.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Praise the Lord and Pass the ball around. Wes Moore and his inherited Kelly’s crew done made it BIG TIME. They are number 20.

Syracuse has fallen out of the 25….take that, you Orange Clad banshees….

Way to GO….

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/rankings

ruffles31
    Keymaster

Good comeback win last night. Very impressive. The players are playing hard and well. Good balance between the backcourt and frontcourt. Coach Moore has his players completely buy in and now look at the results. When I see how he started, I remember the great quote:

It is better to be the one after the one who replaces the legend than to be the one who replaces the legend.

mak4dpak
    Participant

Missed the men’s game and loss. But got the greatest value watching the State women. Great comeback from a 10 point second half deficit. These women fight to the end, and came out on top for doing so. Congrats!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.