Lacey’s 3-Pointer Buzzer Beater beats Georgia Tech in OT

Home Forums All StateFansNation Lacey’s 3-Pointer Buzzer Beater beats Georgia Tech in OT

Viewing 9 posts - 51 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Rick
    Keymaster

Even if no one transfers, we will not have enough scholarship players to scrimmage.

backthebackagain
    Participant

Even if no one transfers, we will not have enough scholarship players to scrimmage.

I really wish Lewis and Purvis would have stayed

pakfanistan
    Participant

Lewis, eh, Purvis, nope.

http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/compare?add=rodney-purvis&i=1&p1=2-rodney-purvis

Let me call your attention to pts/game, offensive rating, FG%, FT%, assists/game, a/t ratio, turnover %.

He’s worse in almost every statistical category.

Tau837
    Participant

I don’t believe Gott will bring in zero scholarship players for the next class. I expect he will bring in at least 2, whether freshmen or transfers. If so, we will have at least 10 scholarship players as long as we have no more than 1 player leave unexpectedly.

I agree with the idea that if Gott loses multiple current players to transfer and doesn’t sign any notable recruits, it will make his seat much hotter for next year.

Tau837
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Rick wrote:</div>

Couldn’t disagree more. Both guys showed that they could not accept low minutes with a healthy attitude. And neither guy would be getting hardly any playing time right now. No way either one of them would be getting non-trivial minutes over Cat, Lacey, Turner, and/or the twins. They just aren’t good enough. Which means they would be hurting the team with their attitudes.

pakfanistan
    Participant

^Heck, Purvis wouldn’t even beat out Dez for minutes, and Dez barely plays.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Couldn’t disagree more. Both guys showed that they could not accept low minutes with a healthy attitude. And neither guy would be getting hardly any playing time right now. No way either one of them would be getting non-trivial minutes over Cat, Lacey, Turner, and/or the twins. They just aren’t good enough. Which means they would be hurting the team with their attitudes.

Both were undermining the staff/locker room in their own ways. Wanting them (and their marginal ability levels) makes no sense whatsoever.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

I had a little personal insight into the Purvis situation. I worked briefly with a member of his family during the season Purvis was at State. It was best for both Purvis and N.C. State that he moved on, I’ll put it that way. Nothing nefarious at all, just the ‘drama’ that comes with teenage recruits and their immediate families. I can confidently say that a split was best for both camps. This is pretty much the new normal for college basketball. Transfer city.

Re: Lewis – I can’t imagine the ‘board wars’ at all the various State sites had Lewis stayed. I liked Lewis’ game, but I thought Barber was clear-cut the way to go if there absolutely had to be a choice between the two. I don’t pretend to know the story, but I gather that Lewis’ camp felt that there should be a choice between Lewis and Barber. That’s too bad. Lewis offered basically zero defense. Personally, I’m glad the Lewis argument is a non-starter now.

backthebackagain
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>backthebackagain wrote:</div>

I didnt know about any of the locker room stuff with either, I was just referring to ricks post and his comment about not having enough players for a scrimmage. I was just saying we could use Purvis and Lewis in that regard. I have no idea why either transferred. I thought Lewis played better down the stretch then cat

Viewing 9 posts - 51 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.