If the PACK is going to the Mountaintop this season – Hokies Game Thread

Home Forums StateFans Basketball If the PACK is going to the Mountaintop this season – Hokies Game Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 186 total)
  • Author
    freshmanin83
    Participant

Yuck

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Ballgame…

Smoke if you got ’em…

On the Big Board
    PACK – 75
    Hokies – 85

Well… that sucked… expectations meet reality head on…
    Game was not as close as 10pts on the scoreboard might indicate…
    NO Ice Cream tonight…

Bonus – NOBODY fouled out…

MARKELL with 10 assists…

Five teams tied for 5th place in the ACC…
    Still anybody’s season…

Our RPI does not change…

GO PACK!
    POP!!!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    BassPacker
    Participant

Bring on the Cheats. A win against them and we gain that MOE again.

freshmanin83
    Participant

Home cooking I hope will help.

natediggity
    Participant

Well on the bright side …… Keatts knows what to fix…… stop the dribble drive to the basket!!!……… get that corrected and I like our chances at home on Saturday against the a$$ hats

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Keatts knows what to fix……

Yep… Speaking after the fact, Peterson’s game plan was crystal clear…
    Told his guys who have been shooting 3s all year to take it to hole…

Hokies took 52 of their 62 shots inside the arc PLUS 29 Free Throw attempts…
    Little chance of anticipating that in advance, but Keatts knows he’ll see that again…

Keatts’s problem is he ain’t got a fix this year… unless he saved that Zone D they been practicing for Uncle Roy and the Holes…

POP!!!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Bottom line tonight…

I think we’ve gotten a little bit full of ourselves after beating Dook & UN* & ND…
    Too much Mater Juice for this time of the season…

This game should put our feet back on the ground for the rest of the month….

Keatts and his TEAM will be ready Saturday at 2:00pm…
    and maybe in a better “MENTAL” position to take care of business….

Good night Gents!

POP!!!

Wolfanatic
    Participant

We’re only as good (or bad) as our 3 point shooting…

WolftownVA81
    Participant

I was able to see the game in a bar but couldn’t hear a damn thing. All I know is we lost and I bought the beer. I was able to see some CJ Leslie ball which did not make me happy. Hope our heads are screwed on better this Saturday for the holes.

wolfmanmat
    Participant

Yes. Yurt is no physical enough for the NBA. Really his bigger limit is athleticism. He doesn’t have the quicks. He would benefit by a year more.

Texpack
    Participant

Somehow a bunch of people forgot how we looked in the first half against Pitt. That’s why I’ve been tying to pump the brakes a bit on buying Final Four tickets.

We don’t have reliable scorers. We haven’t had those all year. (Yurt is too foul prone for me to consider him reliable) We run hot and cold. Our hot nights are very, very good but we haven’t established an adequate baseline performance level so we have the excitement of figuring out which team has come to the arena after every tip off.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Troll… where are you ‘bro ?? What’s the payout on the PACK Trifecta tonight?

Missed a lot of the game last night, what can I say a 9pm tip time interferes with my bed time, even when I fight it.

Only good thing about this loss is I haven’t had to read any untimely and impulsive Jimmy V comparisons this morning.

Unless… AAAHHHH WOW just hit me.. Buzz Williams is the next John Wooden!!!

rthomas44
    Participant

Here’s one for you troll…V lost on the road… so now back to work!

Wulfpack
    Participant

Saw this one coming. Time to get back in the saddle for Saturday. A second win over UNC helps us way more than this loss hurts us.

rthomas44
    Participant

#1 Villanova lost on the road to St. Johns… so it happens.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

St; John’s is legit… Beat Dook and Villanova back to back, which puts the ‘Hoos #1…
    First time for that since Ralph Sampsom in ’84…

I’m not trying to put lipstick on the pig, but…
    Our Team DID NOT quit last night — cut a 20pt lead to 4 with 4 or 5 to play…

Any other State team in the last 3 years would have gotten beat by 30 last night…

GO PACK!

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Here’s one for you troll…V lost on the road… so now back to work!

Awww shucks guess I lied.. there goes another cringe-worthy V comparison… after a loss no doubt.

I’m thrilled about the wins over Duke and UNC, but at the end of the day Duke doesn’t play defense and UNC is having a down year. Overachieving halfway through the first year doesn’t make one worthy of being distinguished next to the likes of Jimmy V. And you can file that under “things that shouldn’t need to be said.”

Anyways, going in another direction, I wouldn’t be surprised if the loss last night had something to do with a little bit of looking ahead on the schedule.

ryebread
    Participant

Bummer that we laid an egg because a road win would have helped our RPI and tournament bid chances. I knew VT would be tough as they would be very hungry and were well coached. Tip of the cap to them because they knew how to play us — sag off the shooters, drive on anyone who Beverley is guarding. Toss in some cold shooting and some quick whistles on Yurt and that game was over pretty quickly.

People mention Al Freeman’s stat line, but we have gone as he has gone all year. He had career games against Arizona and UNC and we won. Any game against even a semi-decent opponent where he has a stat line like last night and we lose. I think bringing him in off the bench has helped ease him into the game and let him get into the flow better. The book on him has to be to just stay in front of him and eventually he will start jacking up shots.

I did not see it in my brief pass through the posts, but Dorn didn’t have the impact that he normally does. In our recent streak he has been good for a quiet 16-20 points and 8-10 boards. Last night he was just quiet.

On to the next one. Something was out of sorts last night and it was obvious fairly early. Hopefully whatever it is we have recovered by Saturday. The only saving grace is that UNC will be coming off an emotionally draining game against Duke. Hopefully they don’t have a momentum builder.

PackofMac
    Participant

No whining or crying here, this team has way outplayed it’s actual skill so far which is all on Keats, thanks KK. Got beat by a very experienced group of athletic kids who come out with a FANTASTIC defensive plan and executed it with speed, energy and skill that would have put a W in VT’s win column regardless of who they were playing. Very tough road conference game against a very good NCAA tourney team. Move on, beat those stupid mo fo’s Saturday.

rthomas44
    Participant

One thing to remember…V was 14 wins and 13 losses in his first year.

rthomas44
    Participant

Sloan was 7-19 !

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

One thing to remember…V was 14 wins and 13 losses in his first year.

Sloan was 7-19 !

Great! And Sidney Lowe was 20-16.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Dorn didn’t have the impact that he normally does. In our recent streak he has been good for a quiet 16-20 points and 8-10 boards. Last night he was just quiet.

That’s right… and for no obvious reason… except he just didn’t touch the ball enough all game…
    Dorn has been the Man the last five minutes of the game than not since the first ND game..

Batts was also invisible…

GO PACK!

rthomas44
    Participant

Four more wins and Keatts is secure!

freshmanin83
    Participant

The feed I was able to watch part of the game on was intermittent at best. Did anyone notice if the Pack tried to play any zone last night on D?

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 186 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.