How to Make Orange Juice… Cuse game thread 2-14-18

Home Forums StateFans Basketball How to Make Orange Juice… Cuse game thread 2-14-18

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 197 total)
  • Author
    Wolfanatic
    Participant

Hunt saved our bacon…

BassPacker
    Participant

At 9 losses, we are still standing in the Stag line for the Dance. I just don’t see us going with more than 10 losses. The win over Clemson by FSU didn’t help us in the log jam for maybe one available invitation to dance. Just win baby.

Texpack
    Participant

Hunt saved our bacon…

Earned a second year of grad school tonight.

I didn’t give us more than a 10% chance tonight. We still have a lot of work to do to get in the tournament but we are a lot closer than we were at 9pm est tonight.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

For the record… shall we define UGLY…

PACK fouls – 26
    PACK turnovers – 19
    rebounds 24 each..
    shooting % – PACK 55% / Cuse 53%
    FTA – PACK 13 / Cuse 27

Regardless… the PACK handled Coach Dinosaur’s ZONE D…
    sorry Cuz ’bout dat….

And nobody fouled out… great job Coach on shuffling the subs!!!

And we win in the Carrier Dome for the first time since 2001…
    You got to HUNT for Ice Cream in Syracuse, NY…

GO PACK!

POP!!!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    MrPlywood
    Participant

How many times – 5, 6, 7, 8…? – did State cause their own turnover? Regardless of the refs, State needs to make it easier on themselves.

But, it’s a win. Enjoy the ride home boys.

tractor57
    Participant

Mr P I do agree on that. Part of growing as a team and a program. I still think time for the Hanson brothers …

ryebread
    Participant

Coming in I saw six things that worried me tonight:
    – A hungry opponent with a lot to play for that viewed this as a must win game.
    – Two straight losses for the good guys.
    – Pretty much a must win game for NC State to have any shot st the tournament.
    – Road game
    – Syracuse’s size
    – Our zone offense

Put those together and it was a very tough game.

It was ugly. The officials were awful both ways. Stat stuffer and Yurt had quiet nights. Markell fouled out. Somehow we won. Hunt had his best game of the year and Batts gave us critical second half minutes (my unofficial +/- had him as way positive).

Great team win. The ice cream will tast good tonight no matter how cold it is up in NY.

tractor57
    Participant

Remember Terry Holland’s enforcer?

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Dan Bonner ?

POP!!!

Texpack
    Participant

Dan Bonner ?

POP!!!

Dan Merrifield

jay95
    Participant

Whew!! Ugly but I’ll take it! Ugly or not this team never quits! Completely opposite from the previous administration. Make the tourney or not I think the future is bright with Coach Keatts.

Class of 95

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^ok Ply you got me…
    UGLY wins…
    Dan Bonner was too good looking to be an ‘enforcer’…
    ——————

You can put lipstick on UGLY, but it’s a waste of lipstick, it’s still UGLY…

Danny && the Deacs up next in the Joel at 4pm Saturday….

HOW UGLY will that be???

POP!!!

tractor57
    Participant

Shetlick as I remember. And yes Danny and the boys next.

rthomas44
    Participant

A W is a W….I’ll take it!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Good night Gents!

MrPlywood
    Participant

Wasn’t aimed at you BOTB, just musing… keep doing what you do!

freshmanin83
    Participant

Must feel good for a coach to recruit a guy like Hunt and then have him come through for you when you need him.

Fastback68
    Participant

1-0 start for the last third of the season. Can Abu escape from the Island of Miss Fit Toys. Hunt got off. There must be some bewildered Cuse players and fans wondering how they lost that game. Johnson was incredible and that technical was utter bs. Batts provided valuable minutes. Thanks Pack. 5 more to go.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Well done. Big win on the road.

Pack1997
    Participant

Last night saw a few bubble teams outside the ACC take some bad losses. Couple that with our win last night and things are looking good. Really hope we win in WS.

rthomas44
    Participant

Late in the season is when lessons learned payoff. Keatts and the team will finish strong.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

You can put lipstick on UGLY, but it’s a waste of lipstick, it’s still UGLY…

This needed repeating. It could be useful in so many different situations.

I had to listen on the Tune-In Radio app, because the game was shown on a one-hour delay so that the network could show…..wait for it…..Top Valentine Day’s Movies of All Time.

Even Tony couldn’t make the game sound good.

GoldenChain
    Participant

I had to flip away occasionally it was so hard to watch! I think its remarkable that we did win and a tribute to KK. I’ve mentioned that Bones McKinney was my neighbor for 7 years back in the 80s and he always told me that E Case always said “when you play ugly and win you have some good ball ahead of you!”

The dumb TOs primarily on trying to force passes, especially bounce passes, into traffic just kill me. And every game we seem to overthrow the snowbird on a break away when its not necessary.
    But all that said, we won in a hostile environment against a K-esque coach and his officiating crew. Hard fought and scrappy performance. What was lacked in execution was made up for in effort and tenacity. And effort and tenacity are welcome changes in raleigh after decades of the opposite.

natediggity
    Participant

Call me crazy…… and I probably am, but I don’t think it was coincidence that we got the win last night along with contributing minutes from Batts. Now I’m not saying he is the reason we won (11 min,1 reb, 4 asts, 1 foul, 0 pts, and a few tos) as evidenced by the numbers, but he seems to bring an energy to the floor that disrupts the other team and improves ours. The two loses last week he played very little to none and we gave up millions of layups. I think moving forward if Keatts can find a harmonious fit between Beverley (defensive liability) and Batts (offensive liability) it will go a long ways in improving our chances for a tournament bid as we head down the stretch and yes I know Beverley is not our only defensive liability just maybe a little more than others…. just my 2 cents….. I could be completely wrong …. heck I just want to win

ryebread
    Participant

We hadn’t won at Syracuse since 2001. Granted, we’d only played there about 5 times ever. The Dome isn’t the easiest place to play and was quite loud with the Orange were on their comeback and tied it at 70. Previous State teams would have folded. Not this one. It was nice to see us push back ahead and send Jim B. home whining. Yeah the process was ugly, but we got the win.

That one will be crucial if we actually do get in the tournament because it is likely going to come down to our head to head record against other mediocre high major programs who are also on the bubble. The NCAA wants to punish teams with weak non-conference (elective) schedules, but we have the top line wins to kind of offset that. We just need to not flub up (i.e. beat WF, BC and GT) and take care of business against fellow bubble teams (FSU). Go 4-1 the rest of the way, with only a loss to Louisville, and I think we’re a lock.

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 197 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.