HotLanna where we come… GT Game Thread 3/1/18

Home Forums StateFans Basketball HotLanna where we come… GT Game Thread 3/1/18

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 182 total)
  • Author
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

In a free throw contest…
    ‘hoos down 2 with 30 seconds left…

POP!!!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    freshmanin83
    Participant

Woulda coulda shoulda is like … well bad stuff.

Heelh8r
    Participant

GT out Fuglyed us

Packzingo
    Participant

We played hard, GT played smarter plus the Tec’s

Texpack
    Participant

UVA with the miracle

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

This…

We got 4pts off the bench tonight…

NO POP!

MrPlywood
    Participant

Holy crap what happened at the end of the Hoos game? LOU up 2 with 1 second to go, VA gets three free throws and makes them all to win? ESPN tracker says made 3, CBS says 3 FTs…

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

‘hoos make the 3 point jumper with 1 second left on the clock to win by 1 point…

How many times did that happen this week?

POP!!!

Texpack
    Participant

Holy crap what happened at the end of the Hoos game? LOU up 2 with 1 second to go, VA gets three free throws and makes them all to win?

UVA got fouled down four shooting a three. Made first two. Missed third on purpose. Lane violation on UVA. Louisville traveled on the inbounds pass. UVA inbounded and banked in a three to win

GoldenChain
    Participant

I take full responsibility for this because I brought up the winning streak. Load me up!

Texpack
    Participant

I take full responsibility for this because I brought up the winning streak. Load me up!

It’s on me. Didn’t buy any ice cream on the way home because I didn’t want to seem overconfident.

StateRed44
    Participant

1. we had no zip after first 4 minutes
    2. fork Johnny Swoffard

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Time to drink even more heavily…

GoldenChain
    Participant

In better news our gals beat unx for the 3rd time this season. When was the last time the men or the women bet the holes 3 times in a season.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Not any of our fault…
    ghost of HWSNBN tonight…

We’re still tied for 4th place in the ACC…
    and the PNC will be rocking Saturday at 6pm…

Good Night Gents!

TheCOWDOG

As long as Keats refuses to effort a stymie around the paint…Your hearts will continue to bring zeebs, and whatever, into the game.

That said, they are excruciatingly fun to watch

PackofMac
    Participant

Can’t keep anyone out of the lane, Omer is the slowest human on earth when it comes to defense, Lenard and goofy YET athletic Malik sitting and watching athletes school Omer, where the hell is Lavar and we were the ones who looked tired at the end with the only sub in the last 7 minutes being Sam Hunt.

Yeah it’s the ref’s fault.

About as silly as actually expecting a State team to walk through a wide ass open door without falling off the steps before we get there. So typical

44rules
    Participant

Refs were bad, but we missed a few near the end that could have made a difference. And we couldn’t stop anyone. And Tech, one of the worst shooting teams in the league, hit 3s.

On a good note, we had nearly as much red in the stands as yellow, and we totally took over a campus bar beforehand.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

rthomas44
    Participant

Just not ready and probably a little over confident. The technical on Dorn was uncalled for and I am sure that will be addressed. Just a road loss.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Well.. in some ways, I’m kinda glad we got ‘that game’ out of our system…
    something to do with avoiding the “BigHeadSyndrome” and the “Ides of March”….

We got bigger fish left to fry and it’s gonna take our best ball to do it…

Keatts will have the WOLFPACK READY Saturday against Da’Ville…

GO PACK!

tractor57
    Participant

Back to the Al Davis line – just win, baby. Oh so close but not quite. Better to have that CF now than during the tourneys

freshmanin83
    Participant

Our bloody Valentine cut us pretty good but we did ourselves no favors either on d.

Rick
    Keymaster

Our bloody Valentine cut us pretty good but we did ourselves no favors either on d.

We have given up easy shots all year. It seems to be Keatts system. Play hard on the three and force turnovers.
    That T on Dorn by TV and the refusal to discuss it with Keatts was typical of the ACC level of reffing.

Fouls before Dorn T 5-4
    Fouls after Dorn T 14-6
    State 19
    GT 10

Still should have won but you could tell by the body language they knew they were playing against the refs.
    Add the inconsistent and crappy reffing to the inherent dirtiness of college basketball in general and its not very enjoyable to watch anymore.

13OT
    Participant

Blame the refs all you want, but there are still too many turnovers, poor defense and bad shot selection. When this team gets ahead, instead of playing within themselves, they seem to go into panic mode. Instead of using the shot clock to their advantage, the ball hogs throw it up as soon as they can get it across the time line. Sometimes I wonder if Al Freeman is even aware he has 4 other team mates on the floor when he gets the ball.

I believe had State won last night, they’d be IN. Now, two straight losses could send them to the NIT, depending on what other teams do. Even a win tomorrow might not be enough, depending AGAIN on what somebody else does.

Yes, this is a better team than in the past few seasons, and at times they are very good. But until this group learns to play smart, we’ll likely see the same result as we’ve seen for so long: wait until next season.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^Ah… The ‘Mental’ dimension..

To restate OT13’s accurate observations…

They have to learn the difference between “NOW” and “NOT NOW!” and how to dial in their Killer Instinct… Last night the Knock Out Punch was a swing and a miss…

And from where I sat, last night’s game was a good example of a game where the Knockout Punch was not required until the last 2-4 minutes of the game…

1. We’re dealing with adversity the refs and in foul trouble…
    2. Our defensive strength is Outside, not Inside the Paint… duh…
    3. Yurt7 is a 7 footer, but he’s not a true center, i.e. BIG MAN ALWAYS MAKING THE DIFFERENCE IN THE PAINT…
    3. Tech is running the Princeton and Lambert is killing us shooting, passing and rebounding…

But in the second half… we were still trading em 1.25->1.5 to 1 with 10 minutes or so to play…
    so were ahead on points and gonna stay that way as long as we kept landing hooks and jabs and shaking off theirs…

Coach has to play the ‘Mental Game’ too…
    There’s “NOW” and there’s “NOT NOW!”…

and in Basketball, just like everywhere else in life, MATH is your friend….

GO PACK!

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 182 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.