Happy Appy Time! (7pm, ESPNU)

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Happy Appy Time! (7pm, ESPNU)

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    TheCOWDOG

Mandalay Bay!!? Home of the Rum Bar, the Vodka Bar, the Gin Bar, Whiskey Bar…glorious digs.

…Good place to ask Mike Tyson if wouldn’t mind autographing my wife’s ear. I obviously lived another day.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Tonight’s Halftime box score says…

Dorn, Smith, Kapita
    and team ball.

Anya, Abu and Johnson yet to show…

Looking for chemistry.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Fastback68
    Participant

So, what were you growing in the woods? Or was it Fight Club

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

F68… cant tell… it’s against the rules, you know…

Fastback68
    Participant

I know…

BJD95
    Keymaster

I ordered a new red sweatshirt off Amazon, which arrived Sunday. It was washed in time for tonight’s festivities. YOU’RE WELCOME.

choppack1
    Participant

Boys and girls – watch out. I think the light in terms of effort has come on.

I actually love the way Anya is playing. I saw the disappointm in his face earlier tonight when he was ignored at the foul line but he is engaged.

Dennis Smith It’s defense is great. I thought his defense last game was the turning point.

Omer looks much improved from exhibition games.

The key for this team will be love for each other, focus and defensive intensity.

jay95
    Participant

Let’s don’t get lazy! I want to see them hang a 100 on these guys.

Class of 95

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

OK… so we’re really having fun here tonight…
    PACK up by 27 with 14 to play in the second half…

and I’m sitting here thinking…
    On this team… We GOTT –

A kid from Turkey
    A kid from the Congo
    A Muslim from Boston
    A couple of Soul Bros from various less distant and more familiar places…
    And some White Boys who can’t jump…

Tell me again please…
    What’s wrong with American multiculturalism???

Wufpacker
    Participant

Home of the Rum Bar, the Vodka Bar, the Gin Bar, Whiskey Bar

We did the vodka bar. ‘Twas a good time for the proletariat.

choppack1
    Participant

Bill – ain’t nothing wrong with multi culturalism…as long as the goal is the same.

Diversity for diversity’s sake is stupid.

Diversity as a result of merit and the desired same end goal = great

jay95
    Participant

Moving without the ball??? Where did that come from?? I like it!

Class of 95

choppack1
    Participant

Been a great game to watch.

Really like this roster. I wish they had more time together.

jay95
    Participant

Good game, great effort on defense, offensive and defensive rebounds, play like this every night and they have a chance against anybody!! GO WOLFPACK!!

Class of 95

Fastback68
    Participant

Troll must be counting his brick of 100s

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

ryebread
    Participant

Great win tonight. Even if Mav didn’t have his sea legs and Yurt was getting his first action, we finally at least had all the options. That helps tremendously.

You can see the talent this team has. All the pieces are there to be very, very good. Here’s to hoping tonight starts that trajectory.

The best thing I heard all night may have been Dino’s comments about Schroyer. In case you mentioned it he said HS was basically the DC and that Gott has turned defense over to him. That bodes well.

xphoenix87

I was encouraged by tonight. I’m not going to read too much into it though, cause App State is all kinds of terrible.

Pluses
    – Yurt looks awesome. It’s going to take a few games to get him acclimated, but you can see the talent there. He’s really composed and has fantastic touch. Also, I loved to see him fronting the post so much on defense. He’ll be starting before long.
    – Again, I’m loathe to draw too much from this game, but the defense looked decidedly more active. They were swarming to the ball and helping on drives much better than I’ve seen in previous games.
    -You know, it’s not going to be this year, but every now and then Shaun Kirk shows a little flash of something that makes me go “huh, he might actually turn into a basketball player”. He hit a little step-back J that he looked much smoother on than I expected.
    – We have real depth now. I want to see if Gottfried is actually going to use that depth when the rubber meets the road and we’re in big games, but it’s great to see that it’s there.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Had GD Christmas concert to go to, so 4 other SF GOTT to enjoy PNC coming out party for Y7. Watched a little on TV when we got home.

Rado Trivia or maybe TV trivia.

Who posted a perfect SAT Math score of 800? My nephew’s wonderful bride and Yurlseven.

At least, that’s what I thought I heard.

Y7 certainly did look more impressive that exhibition outings.

Go Pack

BJD95
    Keymaster

I’d missed the feeling of being bored during a Wolven win. THANK YOU, Tall Atsur. I don’t care how shitty Happy Appy might be, we’ve previously shown the ability to play down to anyone.

Rick
    Keymaster

I like to hear how the team played. I want to see this team gel and play good defense. They do that and who knows what happens.

Fastback68
    Participant

Omer was never far from the player he was defending. The split second after an opposing shot went up, Omer made a nifty spin move and boxed out his guy. He didn’t get many rebounds but he will if he keeps that up. Kapita and Yurt actually have offensive moves that take them to the rim. Outside of a dunk, Abu does not and settles for the Pringles like jump shot. Johnson is simply astounding at times. His reverse layup was fantastic along with the alley opp pass. Other Pack sites had posters that predicted the fan base would be amazed by Dorn. He had 10 rebounds last night. Ad nauseum, all the parts are available, can they, will they.

redisgood
    Participant

One thing we’ve been sorely missing since Freeman got hurt is someone who can execute a high ball screen. That’s a critical piece of this offense, and Yurtseven does that. He can shoot from outside and is great in the pick and roll. The more him and Dennis play together in live game situations, the more lethal both are going to become. Yurt’s ability to see the court and find the open man is also going to help our wings tremendously. Whatever his stats, Omer’s presence on the floor is a game changer.

JeremyH
    Participant

Good break-in game for Y7 and break-back games for Rowan, who both played better as the game progressed. Gott had a really nice rotation going, where initially it was larger groups, then smaller swapouts but still a balanced floor. Most guys played 20 minutes with a couple of guards around 23-25 minutes, everybody fresh and playing hard.

We still missed a couple of front end 1-on-1s, and on some possessions DSJ has predetermined he’ll go 1-on-k deciding no one can stop him. If we dished 10% more I probably wouldn’t complain. In fact, whole lotta guys on this team like to shoot jumpers, and if we focused more on passing instead, more likely to have better looks. Alot of those contested jumpshots won’t go down on the road.

Finally a good look at the rotation of post players, Y7 has a nice feel for the game, Kapita with a nice motor/energy, Anya now playing with more energy (and a bit pissed off!), all taking a little bit of pressure off Abu. Next three games should be about developing the inside game, gelling as a team, and trying to keep that rotation deep. No reason not to go at least nine deep every night.

Fastback68
    Participant

Again, IMO Kapita is your next Howell. Third game in which his stat line is equal to or better than Abu’s in fewer minutes although last night was only 2 minutes less. I want so much to be wrong but I feel Abu is pulling an Amerson. He’s going to stop and pop to show the NBA he has an outside offensive game. It’s so frustrating when he averaged double digit rebounds in ACC play. Another night with 3 rebounds. Could have had another dunk but fumbled the pass when wide open just left of the rim. Hope he gets back to Abu versus Duke in ACCT game.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.