Football Schedule Analysis

Home Forums All StateFansNation Football Schedule Analysis

Viewing 25 posts - 176 through 200 (of 201 total)
  • Author
    choppack1
    Participant

In case some are interested, conference records of those NFL Qbs are as follows:
    Rivers – 17-15
    Wilson – 11-13* (this includes 2-6 stint year when his oc had leukemia), without it he was 9-7.
    Glennon – 8-8
    Brisset – 6-10

So in 11 seasons, you had 3 losing conference records.

How did we do when Roman Gabriel was qb? I know Kramer didn’t tear it up his junior year record-wise. (He was a juco if memory serves correct.)

Greywolf
    Participant

How did we do when Roman Gabriel was qb?

1960 4-1-1
    1961 3-4
    Don’t know if Gab was QB in 1959 but we were 0-6 that year. I believe he turned pro in 1962.

choppack1
    Participant

Nice grey – either you have the memory of an elephant or you keep an nc state media guide close by.

Gotta love the start of college football.

Greywolf
    Participant

Nice grey – either you have the memory of an elephant or you keep an nc state media guide close by.

Gotta love the start of college football.

I wish. Googled Earle Edwards for the records and Roman for the year he went pro. Also the years he was AA and All-Conference. Didn’t care enough about 1959 to bother for more info.

Hell yeah. Football tomorrow. 🙂

YogiNC
    Participant

IT’S GAME DAY By God! Strap ’em up and HIT SOMEBODY! That “hit somebody” is a nod to my old ball coach, God rest his soul. Thanks much for the kind words Grey, just doing what I can to boost morale and give positive influences. In this world of negativity (it’s all around us) it really tends to wear down these old bones. At this age I just want to enjoy life, and that’s what football should be, win, lose, or draw. Oh wait, there is no more draw, my bad.

Personally I think the last time I was this excited about the first game of the season was Rivers third year and that one was special. The bowl in Jax was probably the most fun I ever had at a State game especially when they crumpled the ND QB, oh wait, that win over FSU at the end of the season was crazy good too even though it was COLD! At any rate is time for some FOOTBALL! GO STATE!

Smarter than the average bear

McCallum
    Participant

I sense excitement close to that of the release of Maude, season three, on DVD.

McCallum

packplantpath
    Participant

We will NEVER “build a wall around” NC, even if that were enough.

Maybe we can convince SC to pay for it. If we cut out the NC recruiting losses to the southern universities, maybe we can compete.

Rick
    Keymaster

Rick, I’m a senior systems engineer at a company that does recruiting that tends to be all over the place from Hickory Farms to RTI

I used to work at RTI. Funny thing, before I worked at RTI I was at IBM (across the street) and did not even know RTI existed until a friend of mine helped me get a job there. They have a big, nice campus but I grew real concerned about the leadership. The CEO, CIO, Controller, CFO and heads of two divisions all left within a 12 month period. I thought it was a good time to get out.

Rick
    Keymaster

LOL. I don’t care who you are, that’s funny right there.

89BABS
    Participant

LOL. I don’t care who you are, that’s funny right there.

Two words …. Adrienne Barbeau

Greywolf
    Participant

BJD95 wrote:
    We will NEVER “build a wall around” NC, even if that were enough.

ppp then said:
    Maybe we can convince SC to pay for it. If we cut out the NC recruiting losses to the southern universities, maybe we can compete.

BJ and ppp, It’s not enough and I don’t believe Doeren thinks it’s enough. We’ve got our recruiter in Florida, McDonald, and that area is rich enough in talent to warrant it’s own recruiter. I can’t put names to the other areas but we seem to be doing very well in Georgia, SC, NC (maybe 2 coaches here), VA and the Northeast. Doeren has midwest connections.

We can’t say anything other than we are building a wall around NC. It is our home state and the “wall” concept IMO is as much for the HS coaches here and the fans as it is for anything else. What’s he gonna say, “We want the elite athletes who have the character and attitude to fit in here at NC State? Can’t do that.

Doeren has a vision and a grand plan to fulfill that vision. Inside the grand plan are interim goals that lead towards fulfilling his plan and vision. Interim goals have milestones with specific measures that enable the coaches to see progress and lack of progress.

We talk about recruiting — a lot. What we don’t talk about are the coaches. Ever wonder why or how we get a George McDonald or Dwayne Ledford or Drinkwitz or Kitchings and those that I know less about to come to NC State where the pay is not fair but not top scale? We don’t have a great football tradition to attract coaches. I can only think of one thing and that is Doeren’s vision and plan and culture he is continuing to build where TOB left off.

Maybe it’s because I want to believe that I see what I see. I suggest that it has far more to do with what I read about the coaches and what I hear the players say about NC State when they visit. What’s not to like about the education available here at NC State. What’s not to like about the Murphy Center or Carter-Finley or our IPF. They look across the parking lot and see the PNC. Our facilities are not the very best but adequate in the eyes of football recruits. And what we are doing with Reynolds is un precedented on college campuses.

What’s missing is sufficient football success for elite players to see that they might be the one to push us to the top. The success is only a matter of time — predictably 2017 and maybe 2016. We stumbled in 2015 when Shad then Dayes went out and some of our LB’s and DB’s didn’t get it done. Dayes is back and has excellent back-ups. From what I read and hear the defense has worked hard to put in the correction.

Well, I’ve worked myself up into a lather. Gotta go take a shower and meet the old geezers I hang out with. There’s girls to ogle at the Mall. The one nice thing about getting old is the wide range of ogliable girls makes the Mall a target rich environment. Even at my age I have sex almost every day. Almost on Monday, almost on Tuesday, almost every day. 😉

Go Pack!!

Greywolf
    Participant

One value in having a strangle hold on our home state is walk-ons. The better the walk-on program the better the scout teams. The better the scout teams, the better competition for our Scholarship players. It’s a win/win situation.

YogiNC
    Participant

I have sex almost every day

That is hysterical. I’m right there myself Grey, I know EXACTLY what you’re saying. My father in law and I did a lot of the mall visuals in his last 10 years. That just made me miss him even more.

Two words …. Adrienne Barbeau

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. That was one fine woman in her day. Made watching Maude almost tolerable.

WolfBlood86
    Participant

DD has brought in something TOB never did bring in… consistency. (Of course barring the first season) We have beat who we were suppose to beat. The only problem is games that are 50/50 or when we’re the dogs. We have consistently lost those but at least he is consistent! 🙂 It was great beating the FSUs of the world but losing to the Wake Forests of the world the following week. Critical people want to bring up those big wins under TOB while criticizing DD but say nothing about the big losses. I am hoping we breakthrough this year and at least win one of those 50/50 games or better yet when we are the dogs. Give it time. That win will come!

ryebread
    Participant

Hey, my wife and I have hall sex every day. I walk by my wife in the hall and we both say “screw you.” 😀

YogiNC
    Participant

THANK YOU for the belly laugh rye! I’ll have to try that sometime. My guess is it’s not very gratifying in the long term though.

Greywolf
    Participant

Hey, my wife and I have hall sex every day. I walk by my wife in the hall and we both say “screw you.” ?

Yogi,
    Now rye is having sex ‘almost every day.’

The 3 stages of my first marriage: Great sex, hall sex and no sex.

JaxPackMan
    Participant

Greetings BJD, Fall is in the air and yet another tropical storm is making aim for Carter-Finley. Good writing about the schedule and outlook on expected outcomes. The team may actually be better this year, but the record won’t show it. Recruiting is the name of the game. Somehow the NC State brand doesn’t sell very well to the 4 and 5 star guys, wish I understood why. With the way the ACC is now unless better players are signed it will sadly remain a record of mediocrity. With regard to your predictions, I would add:
    — ECU has a new coach, but they still have a chip on their shoulder about State. Will be a good game, except most of the country could care less.
    — Wake always wreaks havoc somehow no matter how bad they may be.
    — BC likes to play smash-mouth and I’m not sure State does that very well.
    — Is UNC-CHeat over-rated, or is that my Wolfpacker bias coming through? Would be great to stick it to them.
    — 1/2FSU is loaded (despite how badly you think Jimbo coaches) Not sure State surprises them anymore.
    — Clampsun is on a role. Time for State to beat them again.
    — ‘Canes are angry and they have welcomed home their prodigal son Richt, who has been taking names and kicking guys off the team.
    — Loovall – That freshman QB is still running around with State guys in full pursuit. Did he go pro? God I hope so…
    — SyrupExcuse and State seem to have similar football fortunes, although SYR has a more storied past. In recent years they both have quite a few individual contributors who played on mediocre teams, ending up in 2nd and 3rd tier bowl games. Maybe this could turn into a good series and rivalry.

All the best to the players and coaches. For all that they put into the game, I hope at least some of their dreams come true.

Go Pack!

JaxPackMan
    NCSU class of '76
    Jacksonville, FL

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Sex with the wife…
    hmmm… I can remember that…
    —————–
    of course… it’s now a funny joke between us…

When haven’t been to the Beach but one afternoon all year?
    “What’s the SECOND Best thing about living 15minutes from the Beach?”

It used to be that when something R rated came of the TV screen, she’d scream “Turn the Channel”…
    nowadays…. she just laughs…

and while we’re talking ’bout getting screwed…
    I wonder what the chances are that Ron Cherry is in Carter Stadium tonight?

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    YogiNC
    Participant

Someone should pop Ron’s “cherry”… WHAT A BAD PUN!

One of my favorite sayings of my father in law…
    What I used to do all night now it takes me all night to do… rimshot.

tractor57
    Participant

I guess someone wants Ron’s cherry but not I 🙂

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

When haven’t been to the Beach but one afternoon all year?
    “What’s the SECOND Best thing about living 15minutes from the Beach?”

“… you think it’s no problem to go anytime…. ‘you really want to’….”

NOT

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    McCallum
    Participant

What a pitiful state of affairs when your seasonal analysis ends with analogies to Maude and a sexless married life.

I’d say this thread has summed up State nicely.

McCallum

YogiNC
    Participant

Some levity as game time approached was in order. Kinda like being in the locker room suiting up. You find things to talk about that are distractions. Just sayin’

McCallum
    Participant

Bring on ODU!!!!

McCallum

Viewing 25 posts - 176 through 200 (of 201 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.