Football Recruiting: Wrapping Up #Pack15 and a quick look at #Pack16

Home Forums All StateFansNation Football Recruiting: Wrapping Up #Pack15 and a quick look at #Pack16

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Bsim412
    Participant

The coaches are hitting the recruiting trail hard this week after a huge win over UNC. The 2015 recruiting class already features 16 recruits from Nor
    [See the full post at: Football Recruiting: Wrapping Up #Pack15 and a quick look at #Pack16]

wolfpackdawg
    Participant

Excellent post..Thanks.

choppack1
    Participant

Sessoms ain’t bad either. Real good speed.

Bsim412
    Participant

Thank you I appreciate it!

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Thanks for the rundown.

Classof89
    Participant

Given we already have Gallaspie, is the general consensus that we will get either Frasier or Hines, but not both? If somehow we signed all three, would one of them be used at TE or WR? Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to have all of them, but we seem to have an embarrassment of riches at running back. However, we really haven’t had an elite game breaking Wide Receiver since Koren Robinson or Jerricho Cotchery, which is a pretty sad state of affairs IMO, given the great tradition of Wolfpack NFL WRs going back to Mike Quick. (if the OP is a student at State, he probably wasn’t even alive when Quick wore the Red and White, but google him, as well as Danny Peebles and Haywood Jeffires.

Mike
    Participant

Class of 89, I am also an 89 grad. In lising the great WR’s though, how can you leave Holt and Naz Worthen off the list?

Yes, we do have a great tradition of WR’s but this staff has no ties to those guys or that era. However, I think this staff will go out and find those game breaking WR’s in time. One stat I hate to hear an announcer say is “NC State has never beaten XYZ on their field and the last time they played was 30 years ago. Like something that happened 30 years ago on another field is relevant to today. If they say, this team has lost the last 3 times in the last 3 years, then it is a relevant stat since most or many of the players would be involved. Give DD time – he will bring in the athletes we need to run his offense and his programs.

Classof89
    Participant

^
    didn’t mention Holt because I figure everyone knows that name. I had forgotten about Naz…thanks for the reminder. IMO, TOB’s primary failing as a recruiter (yeah, I know that is sort of like trying to identify the worst problem with UNC’s academic support program) was the complete failure to recruit blue chip WRs, thus breaking a string that was pretty much unbroken going back to the Kiffin/Reid days of always having one really good WR in the program.

Greywolf
    Participant

One stat I hate to hear an announcer say is “NC State has never beaten XYZ on their field and the last time they played was 30 years ago.

Mike wrote this.
    WTF? I quoted Mike, not 89 or whoever.

(sarcasm alert) Aw come on Mike. Give the announcers a break. They study “preparing” for the game. Stats is all they know and they have to talk about something. The poor announcers never saw it coming Saturday. All they could do was mumble something about the Holes coming back vs. Pittsburg. They kept showing pictures of “pretty boy” #10 and him running back and forth, lost, on defense.

Mean time Rodney Noel was looking like an AA making tackles and ringing bells. Only say Marsqeasy slow down at the sideline one time. Hux may not be much of a DC but he can coach some LBers. Caldwell last year and Noel this year came out of nowhere. We are going to have an abundance of LBs in 2015. Some of those boys are going to be ‘dangerous’ on special teams, trying to make a name for themselves and get noticed.

So Mike, thanks for being my entre into talking some football. Talking about us struggling against second and 3rd tier BB teams ain’t my cup of tea. I’ll admit seeing the Holes lose to the likes of Butler is pretty cool.

Mike
    Participant

Grey, dont forget the cheaters lost at HOME yesterday too. Love it!

Pack85EE
    Participant

I don’t remember Koren Robinson being an elite Receiver so much as just a very fast receiver, in the same vein as T.J. Graham who has found a home in the pros….So, you have to count T.J. Graham. NCSU has always had great receivers and I think that’s true of the O’Brian era and I like some of the guys we have now.

redisgood
    Participant

Thanks for the write-up. Looks like we’ve got some very good players coming in. I hope we get Hines. He will be perfect in DD’s system.

I’m looking forward to watching Kentavius Street’s development. He came in as a dominant HS player, and hopefully an off-season in the weight room will make him a force as a sophomore next year.

Overall I love the quality of player (talent and character) Doeren is bringing in.

blpack
    Participant

Recruiting is really looking up.

tjfoose1
    Participant

I don’t remember Koren Robinson being an elite Receiver so much as just a very fast receiver, in the same vein as T.J.

You’re pulling a Roger Clemons.

No comparison between the two as college receivers. Robinson was one of the best the short time he was here. He was a game breaker, a game changer.

Don’t have to believe me, just look at the awards and recognition he received while at State, and where the NFL rated and drafted him.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.