Dozens of MBB Programs May be in Hot Water

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Dozens of MBB Programs May be in Hot Water

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    TheCOWDOG

Well, Louisville vacating the 2013 banner.

Oh look, the NCAA got balls. I guess those hookers pushed them over the edge. Decades of academic fraud just wasn’t enough.

Ply, these NCAA guys don’t like girls.

StateRed44
    Participant

NCAA should be dismantled. Wrong priorities. Inept and corrupt.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Oops, Sean Miller on tape discussing a payment for Deandre Ayton…

Dodged a bullet with that Miller…

choppack1
    Participant

Well, we probably shouldn’t consider the bullet dodged until it’s on the ground.

choppack1
    Participant

Gott’s and assistants names have shown up on an email.

Shocking that this would happen with Gott I tell you. At this point, I will be shocked if Keatts isn’t involved. I don’t have much confidence in Yow at this point in judging character. Keatts seems to be solid in that category – but I am not sure how he’s in the business and whom he has been associated with – that he is not involved.

The good news is that we haven’t really been involved with too many blue chippers thus far in his tenure.

Oh well, time will tell.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

So the Heels cheat their asses off for twenty years, and now the NCAA wants to bust us for a stain on a blue dress?

ryebread
    Participant

Chop: I agree with you regarding Gott and always have. I hated that hire almost as much as Fowler’s tone deaf attempt to hire Calipari.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Shocking.

tractor57
    Participant

The final question will be if the FBI has jurisdiction and if they will really act. I suspect the answers are no and no.

ryebread
    Participant

I think there is so much undocumented and untaxed money exchanged, so many shady business write offs, etc. that I think it is clearly the FBI’s jurisdiction. Something will happen. What exactly remains to be seen.

On this thread or another I wondered out loud how bad the younger Miller is. Then I remembered his ringing endorsement by Calipari and the assistants he hired at Indiana. He’s no choir boy.

Wulfpack
    Participant

According to commentary from many coaches about this mess, there are hardly any choir boys.

TheCOWDOG

Gentlemen. The stakes have morphed, but the recruitment game has not. I frequently breakfast with a former State coach of the late 60s and early 70s. I speak on the phone monthly with an assistant to Rupp and Wooden.

Choirboys leave collegiate basketball.

Rick
    Keymaster

Shocking that this would happen with Gott I tell you. At this point, I will be shocked if Keatts isn’t involved. I don’t have much confidence in Yow at this point in judging character. Keatts seems to be solid in that category – but I am not sure how he’s in the business and whom he has been associated with – that he is not involved.

The good news is that we haven’t really been involved with too many blue chippers thus far in his tenure.

Oh well, time will tell.

I have no faith in Yow. She’s good friends with Gott. Is anyone trying to tell me she didn’t know he was cheating? I don’t buy it.

choppack1
    Participant

Gentlemen. The stakes have morphed, but the recruitment game has not. I frequently breakfast with a former State coach of the late 60s and early 70s. I speak on the phone monthly with an assistant to Rupp and Wooden.

Yea Cow – you would know better than anyone.

Here’s my take – you have a “non-profit organization” that serves as a farm system for America’s two most popular professional sport leagues. The organizations within this non-profit were formed with a much different purpose than the for profit entities they feed. Further, many of those in the glorified farm league have minimal interest in the primary reason for existence of these institutions.

The non-profit enforces arbitrary rules that create an incentive to be less than transparent in ones actions. People, being rational actors participate in the aforementioned transactions.

Then your government entity cracks down on them because they are not reporting these profits to the IRS.

StateRed44
    Participant

I have no faith in Yow. She’s good friends with Gott. Is anyone trying to tell me she didn’t know he was cheating? I don’t buy it.[/quote]

Quit being so naïve. Everyone knows everyone is cheating. Its a matter of what is in the open and can be proven at this point. Has nothing to do with Yow being so called friends with Gott really.

Greywolf
    Participant

I’d like to vacate that 51 point loss to the holes last year.

tractor57
    Participant

Dozens in trouble – if history is any guide no.

rthomas44
    Participant

Fraud becomes a federal crime when you pick up the phone. This goes back to the 1930’s or earlier. FCC regs and such. Feds can then get a wiretap order from a federal judge and then all hell breaks

tractor57
    Participant

If it becomes a tax avoidance issue yes – as to NCAA rules they are not law.

Texpack
    Participant

Miller says he’s clean. End of story.

Pack78
    Participant

^Maybe, like Ol’ Roy, he doesn’t know anything about that junk…

tractor57
    Participant

It seems the case by the FBI is crumbling – not that I think agents and big time coaches are pure but comes back to what you know and what you can prove.

rthomas44
    Participant

The FBI has not shown the public anything…remember they have charged assistant coaches already.

tractor57
    Participant

Someone has either leaked or pretended to leak information. And yes only a few assistants have been charged. If the leak is untrue someone as ESPN will walk the plank. So is the leak by the FBI to gin up the case just before the big dance or is it an ESPN writer pretending he has a leak. So far no audio or video. Possibly Miller is complicit and possibly the FBI is playing games. I can believe the money offer but I really question a head coach having his hands on this – directly that is.

rthomas44
    Participant

The FBI does not play games…nor does it waste it’s time probably the leak is in the courthouse where the FBI filed arrest warrants etc.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.