Do black people not have IDs?

Home Forums StateFans Non Sports Talk Do black people not have IDs?

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    Rick
    Keymaster

Poverty? Lol
    How do they get social security, unemployment, disability, good stamps etc?

Hint: it involves a plastic card with a picture on it.

Fastback68
    Participant

Babe Watcher OTB is an elected position???

pakfanistan
    Participant

Poverty? Lol

ORLY?

Social security requirements

SNAP requirements

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

At first I thought the premise of this striking down of the law was total BS. But now I have no doubt at this point from my research that this law was designed to stifle democratic votes.

That being said, I don’t buy that it’s some kind of hardship to go out and get a photo ID. In fact if this law caused people to go out and get a proper photo ID I don’t see how it could do anything but benefit them in other aspects of their lives.

Just my 2 cents. And to be clear I’ve decided to disassociate myself with either Democraturds or Republicaturds. They’re both an equally despicable sh!!!t circus in my eyes.

TheCOWDOG

Poverty? Lol

I figure that’s close enough to my end of the bar.

Did you not understand the photo ID portion? I expect not

But, why in God’s name, would one follow the word “Poverty,” with an LOL?

Texpack
    Participant

A simple photo ID requirement would likely stand up. I don’t get how early voting makes fraud easier. In Texas you can bate anywhere in the county during the two weeks prior to Election Day. There’s an electronic notification that you have voted so you can’t have somebody drive around to 3 or 4 polling places trying to vote multiple times. You can vote without a voter registration card……..by showing a photo ID.

Whoever authored the NC bill deserves a swift kick in the nuts.

Rick
    Keymaster

Poverty? Lol

ORLY?

I deleted the pictures for size reasons.
    Outside of a birth certificate, everything else on that list requires an ID to get. However, I am wrong in that you don’t need an ID to get government benefits. Frankly, that shocks me beyond belief and explains how the stealing and corruption those programs are rife with. I still don’t understand how anyone can function in today’s world without an ID. Outside of a prepper who is hiding in the woods, that is.

For the record, I agree that the bill was written with bad intentions. I am not arguing that. I am arguing there is no reason not to require a $13 ID in order to vote.

Rick
    Keymaster

Poverty? Lol

I figure that’s close enough to my end of the bar.

Did you not understand the photo ID portion? I expect not

But, why in God’s name, would one follow the word “Poverty,” with an LOL?

You responded to my question. If you don’t want a response then don’t illicit one.

Did you not understand me LOL was obviously ridiculing the poor and not in response to your dismissal LOL. I expect not.

Rick
    Keymaster

Whoever authored the NC bill deserves a swift kick in the nuts.

Agreed. Unfortunately the NCGA has taken its majority and used it in really crappy ways. Its why I hate politics and politicians. Both sides suck and do crappy things when they have the power. Grid lock is about the best we can hope for at this point.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

A photo ID should be required to vote, end of story. Now, let’s move on to more important voting matters such as repealing the 19th Amendment!

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

yeah this thread has probably run its course.. i think we should talk about those damn emails next.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Frankly, that shocks me beyond belief and explains how the stealing and corruption those programs are rife with.

You have any statistics for that with a source?

Rick
    Keymaster

Frankly, that shocks me beyond belief and explains how the stealing and corruption those programs are rife with.

You have any statistics for that with a source?

https://www.dol.gov/general/maps
    HMM I am not sure link will work but it is a map of unemployment fraud by state. They admit there is fraud and IMO it is being under-reported. Common sense says if you can get money without a picture ID then people are going to abuse it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/28/fraudulent-unemployment-benefits_n_3175092.html
    Says we paid $3.3B in fraudulent unemployment benefits.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2013/05/01/cnbc-unemployment-fraud/2127897/
    USA today says the same

pakfanistan
    Participant

If you look at those links, there’s nothing that suggests the fraudulent payments were because of incorrect identification.

For instance, here’s NC’s sources of fraud. Far and away the biggest driver of ‘fraud’ is the work search requirement.

fraud

Pack1997
    Participant

For the record I lean in the middle and do not support one party over another. With that being said, I view all of this as the same. Regardless of your measures there will always be fraud. It’s like Nascar, if you aint cheatin you aint trying. Both sides do it. If they truly wanted to make it easy why not use E-verify to vote? It’s required to be used in NC now to put people to work, why not also use it for voter id? As for IDs, I can assure you there are many who live in Charlotte, Raleigh and Greensboro who do not have ID. They use public transportation etc to get around. The republicans tried to slip this one in and got busted for it. The democrats are trying to allow felons to be allowed to vote. They are literally throwing the kitchen sink in to try and win, and why not there is no accountability anymore in this country.

pakfanistan
    Participant

The democrats are trying to allow felons to be allowed to vote.

I support allowing felons to vote after completion of their sentence. I can’t think of a good reason to deprive someone of a fundamental right once they’ve paid their debt to society.

4in12
    Participant

I support allowing felons to vote after completion of their sentence. I can’t think of a good reason to deprive someone of a fundamental right once they’ve paid their debt to society.

For the same reason ID’s are required – it more heavily effects the black community.

Pack1997
    Participant

There is no true evidence to support that ID requirements greatly effect one race more than another, as seen above. However the other crap in that bill does. If you look at the link you will notice that most states are already give the right back to felons once released. However the push is for them to be able to vote while incarcerated which is ludicrous.

Felon voting rights

Wufpacker
    Participant

choppack1
    Participant

I think it’s a legitimate criticism about the other items. I can understand both the early voting reductions or the closing of some polling stations, but coupling both with the id requirements does make it pretty easy to question the motives.

While the legislature did bend over backwards for the id requirements, the other items make this look pretty bad. Yet another chance to occupy the high ground blown.

pakfanistan
    Participant
    travelwolf
    Participant

Poverty and lack of education… Don’t forget that people who are still alive grew up under Jim Crowe laws – and awful schools (because they had black students). I spoke to someone who grew up in Salisbury, NC – and he said that the white school was so much nicer than the black one. We could solve most of the problems in this country if we put as much into every pupil’s education school as my nephews get in Arlington, VA. I’m jealous of them… still.

Mike
    Participant

The ID law is discriminatory (or so they say) because it lessens the early voting period, eliminates a Sunday vote and a few other things. Please show me in the constitution where it says early voting and Sundays shall be mandatory.

There is still early voting – just not as long. But Rev Barber says people cant get out to vote because the early voting time is reduced. Go back to the old days when voting DAY was voting day and have only one day.

Rick
    Keymaster

We could solve most of the problems in this country if we put as much into every pupil’s education school as my nephews get in Arlington, VA. I’m jealous of them… still.

We spend a lot of money on education. A lot. The problem is parents have to be very active in their child’s education. Working with them on their homework. Encouraging them to do their best. Supporting the teachers instead of attacking them. It is very hard for a single parent to do this.

gso packbacker
    Participant

We spend a lot of money on education. A lot. The problem is parents have to be very active in their child’s education. Working with them on their homework. Encouraging them to do their best. Supporting the teachers instead of attacking them. It is very hard for a single parent to do this.

Rick, you hit the nail on the head here. To carry that even further, my kids went to a great elementary school, but the in the last 2 year of my youngest the school enrollment got cut by a 1/3 and the demographics changed dramatically with a new school opening and some redistricting. In one year, the quality and effectiveness took a nosedive in large [art because the number of school volunteers dropped precipitously. This had a ripple effect on the teachers, afterschool activities, etc.. Interesting, but kinda scary to see first hand.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 78 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.