December MBB Game Threads — Five D2s in the PNC….

Home Forums StateFans Basketball December MBB Game Threads — Five D2s in the PNC….

Viewing 3 posts - 151 through 153 (of 153 total)
  • Author
    ryebread
    Participant

Boiling hot from 3 tonight but that was in large part because we took good shots against an outmanned team. I think we put everyone in who was healthy…. Isn’t Newman hurt?

The real season starts. Due to a fluke of scheduling, we have Clemson up twice early in the ACC schedule. Those seem like must win games for both programs so I expect a high level of effort. Clemson has more good wins early (Ohio State, Florida, South Carolina) than we do, or really that I can remember them having since Barnes. They can also actually score this year. Do they try and run, or go back to Brownell’s tighter style of play?

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Putting in the walk-ons could only build esprit de corps.. Give them incentive to practice as hard as they can..They could not have possibly lost that game in the last 5 minutes and the rewards for them getting 5 minutes would have been significant. That said I like KK, I just believe he missed a good opportunity for, really, nothing of more value.

ryebread
    Participant

Fanatic: I’m honestly curious. Which eligible player did not play in this game? I think I read that Newman had been hurt. I think he is our only walk on because the former UNCA player left the team a month or so back. Hicks is out for the year. Bryce and Daniels have to sit due to transfer. Kirk got nearly 20 minutes of play. I think we played everyone.

I believe we have fewer walk ones than during the Gott era because we are actually trying to carry a full allotment of scholarship players. One of the most maddening things about Gott is his refusal to use all 13 scholarship players and instead used about 10. Syracuse went on probation and was docked 3 kids a year. It was like Gott voluntarily was on probation. We had zero margin of error for injuries and couldn’t have had as effective of practices. I’m so glad that Gott is gone. I just wish we’d have never re-upped him.

Viewing 3 posts - 151 through 153 (of 153 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.