December MBB Game Threads — Five D2s in the PNC….

Home Forums StateFans Basketball December MBB Game Threads — Five D2s in the PNC….

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 153 total)
  • Author
    Heelh8r
    Participant

Yeah, people making a real mistake waiting for the ACC games instead of these games against the Northeast conf., socon, etc. These are the competitive games where at least we can stay close.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Halftime…

Smoke IF you got ’em…

OK… not exactly what anybody would call impressive in the first half tonite…

BUT… let’s remember…
    1. a game a week ain’t got no rhythm…
    2. it’s hard to get up for ‘no names’ U….
    3. perhaps, most importantly, the more ‘adversity’ we face early… the better we’ll be later in the season…MAYBE?

All that said, just win the damn game, boys….

POP!!!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    TheCOWDOG

Did you know??? Emily Lou Harris is a UNC-G grad also. Was there at same time as Jane.

What I know about unc-G?

Well, a lass by the name of Lisa Jones from East Guilford HS went there as well and helped pay her way through school working at Rick’s Cabaret back in the day.

Stage name was Dixie.

I would always sing to her, “I wish I was in Dixie, HURRAY, HURRAY!!! In Dixie’s glands I’ll hold my stand”.

Fun, fun.

McCallum

Grey. It’s Emmylou Harris. I was shacking up with a redhead from UNCG out in CA that watched from the dorm windows as Graham Parsons swept her away to Cali on a 900 Harley Sportster

December 30th. I’ll chime.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Bob Morris is balling us up. Not good coming off last game crapper. This team is poo poo.

BassPacker
    Participant

Bob Morris is balling us up. Not good coming off last game crapper. This team is poo poo.

I’m afraid you maybe correct. KK is slowly losing my confidence in this hire. We may not win a game in ACC play.

MrPlywood
    Participant

2. it’s hard to get up for ‘no names’ U….

I’ll never buy that one.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

This Al Freeman fellow is a bit of a ball hog, ain’t he?

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

I’m afraid you maybe correct. KK is slowly losing my confidence in this hire. We may not win a game in ACC play.

Yeah, I feel ya. Still his 1st year and our starting PG is suspended for some behavioral issues. It’s a long basketball season but right now it’s really uninspiring.

Heelh8r
    Participant

I see what happened…we peaked in November. I guess we really do miss Markell pretty bad.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

BALLGAME!

Smoke if you got ’em….

… just another Wolfpack victory…

OK…
    Yes, it was unimpressively fugly, except for the final score…
    BIGS all with big nights…
    NOTHING helping from the perimeter…

Which begs the question…

What’s it gonna take to get Markel out of the doghouse???

NOW…
    that works two ways…

without Markel… we’re starting over with respect to Team Chemistry, rotations, leadership, etc…

and the longer he stay’s in the doghouse…
    the bigger the re-adjustment will be when he returns…
    getting that right is the Coach’s conundrum…
    which is why Coach get the big bucks…

In the meantime…We’ll just have to wait, eat our popcorn, and see how this plays out…

POP!!!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Heelh8r
    Participant

Friday night game against the Jacksonville Dolphins should be a real barnburner

freshmanin83
    Participant

Triple doubles was cool.

wolfmanmat
    Participant

A couple posts giving up on Keatts already??? I havent been on the IU boards- are they giving up on Archie? He’s been worse than Keatts. Please tell me how 3 losses is a bad start and please tell me who thought this team would be awesome this year? Keatts can’t get his players or his system in one year.

Pack1997
    Participant

I suspect if you are giving up on Keatts then you probably didn’t like the hire to begin with. I think he has done a superb job of getting some talent on this team to help with the immediate need, but not sacrificed future years scholarships etc. Thats a tough balancing act. Also, you are only as good as the talent you have. What we have is a bunch of role players. Good enough to be ok, not good enough be truly competitive. If you have followed recruiting, you see a big jump in talent between this year and next. This year is to focus on style and system, build culture etc. He is clearly doing that, with his benching of Markell. Also lets not forget how bad we were last year, and have a little perspective.

rthomas44
    Participant

Amen, Pack97! Markell is about who is in charge. Keatts is making a believer out of him. The team will be better for it. His way or the highway.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Here’s some perspective. Folks, to remind you, we were playing against Robert Morris Colonials. And I don’t want to hear one word about how competitive they may be in the NEC this year. They suck. They lost this year to a team by the name of “Grand Canyon” I sh!t you not. They are not good. There is NO excuse any ACC team should have for trailing 4/5 of the game against them, especially coming off a loss to Greensboro commuter college last week. Nobody on this thread is expecting KK to win championships, but coming out flat after a loss makes you doesn’t instill much confidence, now does it?

So forgive those who may be having some initial concerns.

tractor57
    Participant

Concerns yes, but not throwing the towel and raising the money for a contract buyout. At least this team can get the ball over half court against the press.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

Any criticism of KK at this point is just plain ridiculous. Coming into the season, it was known that if Johnson didn’t return, we would struggle. No Johnson = not a good team. The kid was averaging close to 8 points per game, led us in assists and steals, and is an incredible on ball defender. In the press, he’s a monster. You’re looking at a 10-20 point swing minimum with him off the court. Think about that. His absence is requiring the guards to play more, and we’re very thin there already. Batts played well last night.

Prior to the UNC-G game, we had 2 losses: 1 to a top-25 team in Tennessee, and another to a Northern Iowa team that sits atop the MVC, has 3 losses, 2 of which were Villanova and UNC. And we’ve beaten 2 top 35 teams in Arizona and Penn St. AZ is only going to move up in the polls as they’ve finally getting healthy.

No Johnson = we’re in for a terrible season. With Johnson = we’ll be competitive in ACC games.

pack44fan
    Participant

This particular team can’t shoot the three and that is extremely important the way the game is played now. It will be a problem all year. Hopefully we will have some shooters coming in next year’s class. Sadly, it seems like all we do is wait till next year.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Don’t want to hear EXCUSE about not having Markel causes us to become less of a team than Robert Morris. As an ACC school we should be able to plug in the walk ons and beat Robert Morris.

I especially don’t want to hear the EXCUSE that we have a team full of role players which is why we trailed most of the game against RM. ACC role players should absolutely dominate against a team like Robert Morris.

Again, we are an ACC school with ACC caliber players losing for most of the game against Robert Morris, on our own home court, after losing to UNCG a few days ago on our own home court.

That’s should raise some eyebrows. That’s all I’m saying.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Prior to the UNC-G game, we had 2 losses: 1 to a top-25 team in Tennessee, and another to a Northern Iowa team that sits atop the MVC, has 3 losses, 2 of which were Villanova and UNC. And we’ve beaten 2 top 35 teams in Arizona and Penn St. AZ is only going to move up in the polls as they’ve finally getting healthy.

Now that we’ve played several games in this new style there is adequate game film on how KK adapted his style to this team. Don’t be surprised if, as another poster put it, we have seen our peak for this season.

tractor57
    Participant

Then you liked Lowe as coach. I’ll agree this year might be rocky but I’m not waving the I quit towel. You are also hung up on names – teams that in the past were SO inferior … That is not the current reality. The question will be what happens to this version of the Pack this year. I do see some positives and some negatives. Part is the team has to become cohesive. and we know this year’s group was cobbled together. They could go either way.

44rules
    Participant

AT makes some good points, but I guess I’m more patient than most. Heck, we haven’t had crap for decades except for an occasional (very occasional) sweet 16. I haven’t been able to watch the last two games, but in the ones I’ve watched, I have seen some things I like (ability to get the ball up the court against the press, attempts to play defense), and things I don’t like (poor outside shooting, ignoring the big men too much, flat-footed defenders getting blown by).

For me, the jury is out. KK is a young coach. I think he has a lot to learn and a lot of potential. Whether he lives up to it remains to be seen, and I’m certainly willing to give him a few years to get seasoning, get his guys in (particularly all those 4 stars coming next year) and see what develops.

Sadly, that is what we have to do at State. Of all the coaches we’ve ever hired, Gott had the most previous high major success of any of them, and look where that got us. We’re not going to pony up and pay Billy Donovan or his equivalent to walk through that door. Heck, we lost Sloan to Florida over money and almost lost V to UCLA for the same.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

pakfanistan
    Participant

NC State has one of the worst fan bases in the country, hands down.

Rick
    Keymaster

NC State has one of the worst fan bases in the country, hands down.

Every fan base wants to win. Indiana booed Archie his first game. Your ‘worst fan base’ is every bit the melodrama as those wanting KK fired already.

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 153 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.