Could ESPN’s College GameDay Come to Raleigh?

Home Forums All StateFansNation Could ESPN’s College GameDay Come to Raleigh?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    JackWolf
    Keymaster

In a word, yep. There is a very real possibility that ESPN will host its famous college football show ESPN College GameDay from outside of Carter-Finl
    [See the full post at: Could ESPN’s College GameDay Come to Raleigh?]

Wufpacker
    Participant

It’s not coincidental that no game time has yet been announced. Not saying that both teams moving to 4-0 will make it a done deal, but it is a possibility and thus the 6 day option for game time announcement.

And though I’m sure I’ll be corrected by some folks, there is nothing negative about that kind of exposure should it happen. Getting DD, the staff and the program talked up to recruits who are watching would be huge.

kornegaylw
    Spectator

Loss to FSU = 0.5 step backwards

College Game Day in Raleigh = 3 steps forward

I can’t wait to read the trolling, negative comments that get posted…

ncsu1987
    Participant

Nothing but good in these possibilities.

PackFamily
    Participant

I am hoping it comes, even though i am driving up to the game from three days in Charleston Saturday morning, and then am taking the family down to Disney Sunday morning WT….?! That game is still the highlight of the weekend.

What’s funny is to see the names in that video and how they pretty much all left in disgrace:

1. Bowden – forced out
    2. Coker – won a natty and still can’t find a job
    3. Brown – fired

lawful
    Participant

“It really won’t matter if we get trucked by the National Champs.”

Sorry, but I locked in on only word of this. Care to guess which one?

13OT
    Participant

Auburn plays K-State tonight, not next week. However, the national schedule is a poor one for headliner games next weekend, and the College GameDay could indeed land here next weekend.

Clemson has runied a lot of things in the past for Wolfpack football. Jameis Winston has already gotten himself benched for the first half of Saturday night’s game at Clemson. If you’re a season-ticket holder, you’d better root like hell for FSU or else you might be roasting in the sun next Saturday for yet another 12:30 kickoff.

It seems to be this way all the time for State football- we’re always one game away from the big-time, and always trying to dodge noon kickoffs and local coverage.

Barring another first quarter performance like the one in Tallahassee last season, it would be a positive if CGD does come here.

Also, is the Clemson-FSU game on ABC a split telecast, with the western US getting another game, or does the entire nation get this one?

Pack78
    Participant

it is real and its spectacular.

JackWolf-Does this mean that Jackie Chiles is coming in to investigate the Cheats?

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

I can’t wait to read the trolling, negative comments that get posted…

As opposed to inane utterings from the delusionally optimistic?

Personally I would prefer that the:
    – delusionally optimistic at least acknowledge that there is a difference between realistic and trolling.
    – The conversation stayed at least marginally connected to the real world.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Loss to FSU = 0.5 step backwards

Nah, only if we get embarrassed. Almost all will be expecting a thrashing and wondering wtf is CGD doing in Raleigh anyway.

Anything short of complete annihilation would therefore be no worse than a push. A marginally close game would be a positive, a nail biter would bring big PR gains, a victory would be HUGE and make us the talk of the entire CFB weekend all across the nation. Doeren would be getting universal love for his progress in only year 2. That would lead to follow up profile stories
    on his process and methods. That gets DD in doors that are otherwise closed.

But only chance on CGD coming to Raleigh is if there are no other options and ESPN plays up the CF FSU voodoo effect.

TheCOWDOG

I want to post something inannity rich for Va, but vapidity has gotten the best of me.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I can’t see GameDay covering FSU 2 weeks in a row, even with scant alternatives. Much more likely to choose TAMU (vs Arkansas), Georgia (vs. TN), South Carolina (vs. Mizzou).

ryebread
    Participant

I’m w/ BJD95. They’ll go with a SEC game.

I guess I’m in the minority, but I don’t see how getting pantsed on national television and exposed as a team that was only 4-0 due to a diet of cupcakes helps the program. Of course I’m also one that does not agree with the statement that there’s no such thing as bad publicity.

I see people pointing to recruiting. “Come on down! Experience NC State! It’s going to be crazy!” It will be crazy right up until the first time FSU has the ball. It probably won’t be over quite as fast as the Miami game, but it won’t be pretty.

If the pitch is “watch us on national television” and we get destroyed, it is effectively that we were destroyed on national television. There are a lot of teams that do that weekly.

I would argue that the Gameday against Miami did nothing to move the program forward. We’d already jumped the shark with Chuck.

It’s only great exposure if we play it close or come out with a win. I just can’t see either happening.

highstick
    Participant

Have most of you guys(not all, mind you) been to Denver lately and are smoking something? I just trashed the idiots on Packpride for their stupidity and damned if the “smart site” doesn’t have a few that live in fantasy land.

Is Gameday going to EcU playing Chowan? Duh! There is a reason, you know?

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

Wufpacker
    Participant

You’ve been msg board two timing us?

tjfoose1
    Participant

But only chance on CGD coming to Raleigh is if there are no other options and ESPN plays up the CF FSU voodoo effect.

Let me clarify. No other options = no other games, ie, no one else is playing.

blpack
    Participant

As much as espn loves talking about off the field issues, they may follow Jameis around all season long.

tjfoose1
    Participant

^ Unless those issues shed a negative light on the boss’s beloved u*nc.

highstick
    Participant

Two timing? I only have myself to blame!!! LOL. I think I need an “intervention”!

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

ryebread
    Participant

highstick: I’m with you. I was pretty surprised to see that here. It must be that this thing has legs.

I’d be surprised if it happens and if so, I don’t know that it’s a good thing for the program unless we win. We’ll see.

COMOPack01
    Participant

It will be USC-Mizzou

But it’s nice to even be considered.

This'll all be over by Friday....

MISTA WOLF
    Participant

I’d rather attempt to do something great and fail than to attempt to do nothing and succeed. -Robert H. Schuller

Therefore, bring the bastards on. What’s the worse thing that could happen? We lose. by 3 points or by 30 points it is still a loss. Anyone that thinks differently is a fool. No such thing as a ‘sexy’ loss. Same thing with a victory. Is their anything different in our game versus Georgia Southern or USF game? Sure, but in the conclusion, no, a W was still the outcome. I’d rather CGD be there, with C-F rocking and us get hammered, than them not be there, C-F rocking, and us getting the W.

MISTA WOLF
    Participant

“You can’t be letdown if you don’t expect the world.” -311

^ My previous statement was not directed towards anyone so please don’t take offense. I believe we can win and choose to believe every time our beloved Pack steps on the field or court. For one reason or another I expect to win every game. Maybe because I coach high school basketball. If you don’t expect to win, then you’ve already loss.

If anyone needs a good laugh look up some REBEL SON on youtube. Grade 96/4 music!!!

john of sparta
    Participant

exposure/exposed.
    kinda like naked selfies.

Wufpacker
    Participant

I’d rather CGD be there, with C-F rocking and us get hammered, than them not be there, C-F rocking, and us getting the W.

I’m probably misunderstanding your either/or scenario here. But if that’s the choice, I’d rather tell CGD to go jump up their own ass, and us get the win.

And I suspect most folks will be hammered in either scenario.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.