College Basketball Coaching Carousel

Home Forums StateFans Basketball College Basketball Coaching Carousel

Viewing 11 posts - 26 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Wulfpack
    Participant

Tubby nearing a deal to coach his alma mater, High Point.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Tubby nearing a deal to coach his alma mater, High Point.

Man, national championship w/ Kentucky -> High Point, that’s quite the trajectory.

Wulfpack
    Participant

This will be Smith’s seventh head-coaching job in the college ranks. He previously coached at Tulsa, Georgia, Kentucky, Minnesota, Texas Tech and Memphis.

13OT
    Participant

Smith is a very underrated and under-appreciated coach.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

I think High Point could be a great place for a 67 year old, highly successful, basketball Coach to finish his Coaching career, more or less, away from the stink of ShoeGate and other NCAA madness …

Remember…
    Six Teams and 42 players from the State of North Carolina went to the Dance this season…

Tubby shouldn’t have to travel too far to put an excellent group of kids on the court and win more than a few games..

And then you’ve got that “Three hours to the beach / Three hours to the mountains” thing and no shortage of 1st quality golf courses to consider too…

Plus… High Point, the city, is clean and decent these days… the stench of the sawdust and furniture lacquer has been long gone…

GO PACK!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Wulfpack
    Participant

Pitt to hire Duke assistant Jeff Capel. Another atrocious hire.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Smith’s best days are behind him. You want energy and enthusiasm – he doesn’t offer that. He’s loaded, too. Even less reason to work hard. That’s a bad hire, too. Not that I care. It’s High Point.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Louisville hires Mack.

Pack1997
    Participant

Chris Mack learned under Prosser and Miller. Mack is a good coach, but I am not sure why anyone would want to go to UL knowing how screwed up the place has been. They must be throwing a lot of money at him.

Wulfpack
    Participant

His wife is from Louisville. I’m sure the money is far better than Xavier. Louisville is in the dumps. And he reached the pinnacle of what he could do at Xavier. Great season. Number 1 seed. And out early in the tourney.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Seven years, $4 million per. That’s why.

Viewing 11 posts - 26 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.