CFB Coaching Carousel

Home Forums StateFans Football CFB Coaching Carousel

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 238 total)
  • Author
    ryebread
    Participant

Next we will hear that HWSNBNv2.football has withdrawn his name from consideration for the Tennessee job….. Hopefully Yow doesn’t panic and pull a Gott/UCLA.

I’m fine with DD being back. I’m also fine with him leaving. That grass may not be greener, and I’m not convinced he is actually in play at Tennessee.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

I think he’s gone if he does get an offer. He’s losing a ton of seniors and talent from this year setting up a letdown year next season. He’s never really struck me as “liking” NC State or the fans either.

choppack1
    Participant

Rye – how did it work out for us when Sendek left? Long term, how did it work out for BC when TOB left? There’s a lot of examples of fans going “Yea! Let him leave!” ending up with egg on their face. Examples of be careful what you wish for…

PackofMac
    Participant

Those of you fine with Doeren leaving need to step it back a few. Who in the god fearing world do you think we are going to get? From last year we did make progress, a bit of a let down from what the media told us we should be but progress none the less from last year. I used to come here half beer’ed up and bitch an moan but I came to realize something this year….we ARE NOT Alabama, Clemson or even Virginia Tech and if you think we ever will be you are delusional. Now I COMPLETELY agree that Drink and Hux need to be shown the door, delicate line to balance with the HC if he has loyalty but I wouldn’t be so happy watching Dave jolt for a better opportunity which it would be.

13OT
    Participant

Doeren to Tennessee?

Could we be lucky enough for Yow to hire yet another HC?

TheCOWDOG

Slap my ever friggin’ noggin.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Gundy turns down Tennessee..

http://i.imgur.com/d9UBA.gif

Fastback68
    Participant

No mullet

tractor57
    Participant

So has this become Crack Ride II? Best record in decades and many want all the coaching staff fired.

Tau837
    Participant

Rye – how did it work out for us when Sendek left?

Apples and oranges IMO. We have reasons to believe that we should have higher potential in MBB than is reasonable to believe we have in football. Even more so during Sendek’s tenure, when we were 2 coaches and a witch hunt away from V and being on relatively equal footing with ACC basketball powers UNC and Duke, something we have never really enjoyed in football (at least in my lifetime).

pack44fan
    Participant

I’d give the next coach at Tennessee about 2 years to produce or they will be gone as well. It’s something that any coach considering that position should seriously take into account. The fans and the media at UT are a thousand times more demanding than they are here. If Doeren leaves, he leaves, but he best know what he is getting in to. We will survive, one way or another.

BassPacker
    Participant

If DD takes the Tenn job, so be it. Not saying I want him to leave, just saying if he’s blinded by the money offer over the reality of the expectations there, then good luck. Personally I think the Vol fans would scream if DD is announced as the new HC. It has been interesting watch another school play out a Lee Foulup caliber coaching search. More popcorn pleeze.

tractor57
    Participant

His choice of course and if he were to choose to leave I bid him well. The thing is current is the TN post better than what he has? Granted they can toss more money and if that is the driving force he would go if offered. On the other hand he has taken our program from 0 to at least being respectable with the chance of more.

BP is right with the fun of watching a Foulup type of coaching search.

ryebread
    Participant

If DD takes the Tenn job, so be it. Not saying I want him to leave, just saying if he’s blinded by the money offer over the reality of the expectations there, then good luck. Personally I think the Vol fans would scream if DD is announced as the new HC. It has been interesting watch another school play out a Lee Foulup caliber coaching search. More popcorn pleeze.

That’s kind of how I see it. If he leaves, he leaves. The sun will rise tomorrow. If he stays, then great. I hope he can build off of things and improve what needs improving (defensive scheme, special teams, red zone offense and media relations).

If he doesn’t like the fans and media treatment at NC State, then he’s going to have a very rude awakening at a place like Tennessee (if they were to actually hire him). They expect to win, and win yesterday. They’ve won a title, have 100k in the stadium every week, etc.. If he shows up in week 1 and calls out the fans, or goes 0-8 in season one like Butch did, he’ll be gone. It doesn’t matter what he inherited.

The good news would be though that they’d have the resources and willingness to win that we clearly don’t have. They also have some recruiting advantages. He’ll seemingly get paid more too. Maybe that grass is greener?

Earlier in the thread someone asked how BC fared after TOB left. The answer was better. They were fine right up until the AD and the coach had an ego fight and the AD got trigger happy. He then put in place a doormat, and things took a predictable turn.

The issue with HWSNBN and NC State was the hiring of Lowe. Had we hired better (e.g. Sean Miller), we’d have been fine. There was a lot to work off there, just like DD will leave a lot to work off of. I have more faith in Yow than I ever did in Lee.

MrPlywood
    Participant

DD’s agent working overtime?

As contract negotiations stall with N.C. State, Dave Doeren gets in mix for other jobs

“North Carolina State coach Dave Doeren and athletics director Debbie Yow have been engaged in a protracted and somewhat contentious standoff over his contract extension negotiations in recent days, multiple people with knowledge of the situation told USA TODAY Sports, a situation serious enough that Doeren’s representatives have made multiple attempts to find an exit ramp for him from N.C. State or at least create that appearance to gain leverage.”

“Doeren, according to one person with direct knowledge of his thought process, was close to becoming the next coach at Ole Miss last weekend and canceled planned recruiting trips for his assistants last Sunday in anticipation of that announcement.”

tractor57
    Participant

rye I have much the same opinion. DD has been good for us and might well be into the future but he might also want the challenge (and the money) that TN could offer. If he goes there winning is not nice it is required – 8 and 4 will not cover it. So his choice on a career path. I hope he stays as I see a lot of positives but if not the sun will rise the next day.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

“Doeren, according to one person with direct knowledge of his thought process, was close to becoming the next coach at Ole Miss last weekend and canceled planned recruiting trips for his assistants last Sunday in anticipation of that announcement.”

If this is true…

then… that’s a BS move and doesn’t help anybody… especially DD if he stays in Rawlee…

If I’m his bossman…. I’ve definitely got my secret agents working on Plan B && Plan C…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    ryebread
    Participant

I’ve thought DD’s agent might be working the phones. It’s a great way to try and raise is perceived value for a bigger deal, more years, or a bigger buy out. Had DD lost to UNC this or last year, the narrative might well be very different, so if I were DD I’d be chasing guaranteed money.

If DD canceled recruiting trips for his CURRENT job then that’s bush league at best and unprofessional at worst. If that was the case, I personally wouldn’t extend him beyond the automatic rollover. If he did that, he’s not that committed to his current job.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Based on that USA Today article the dude’s got one foot out the door already it seems. It’s not surprising. Never got the feeling he gave one fVck about loyalty to NC State, and I spoke freely about him as such. I’ll never stoop to blind loyalty to a coach who questions the passion and desire to win of North Carolina State University fans. My observation of his 5 years has been that he is more petulant than I am… and yall know that saying something!

edit: oh and I 100% agree with other posters that IF he goes to Tenn he’ll be run right out of there in real short order. But mark my words, he’s going if he gets an offer.

ryebread
    Participant

TheAliasTroll: I don’t think he’s getting an offer from UT. I think he’s putting his name out there for two reasons:
    – Raise his value in negotiation with NC State
    – Letting other schools know that he might listen

If Brohm from Purdue goes to Tenn, then DD could ACTUALLY be in play with Purdue. That makes a lot more sense for DD.

pakfanistan
    Participant

DD possibly meeting with Tenn today?

MrPlywood
    Participant

Who knows about the veracity of the USA Today article, but someone wants that info out there. IMO negotiating in public is a bad approach.

ryebread
    Participant

I’ve officially removed my name from consideration after possibly meeting with UT about a job vacancy.

highstick
    Participant

DD has no clue how to deal with those “Highway Cones” in Knoxville. They’ll eat him alive!

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

Rick
    Keymaster

I think he’s gone if he does get an offer. He’s losing a ton of seniors and talent from this year setting up a letdown year next season. He’s never really struck me as “liking” NC State or the fans either.

He always seem to throw shade at State fans every chance he gets.
    I have been hoping he stays but I have heard some things that make me want him out.
    I hope they are wrong.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 238 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.