CBS Sports Top 101 baskteball players

Home Forums All StateFansNation CBS Sports Top 101 baskteball players

Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Don’t think anyone has mentioned how much better the ACC will be overall this year. It’s going to be a tough league to be in this season. If you’ve got us making the tourney this year be sure to use a pencil and not a pen!

BJD95
    Keymaster

I think as this thread went on, we have narrowed in on the bottom line. This is, once again, a “high ceiling, high variance” Wolfpack team. I could see this team struggling to find its footing only to find its way late (much like last season), or I could see this team blasting ass from jump street and shocking us all.

By scenario 2, I mean a top 3 finish in the league, in consideration for a 1-2 seed in the dance. That is not a high percentage outcome, but it IS feasible. There is that much raw talent and chemistry in West Raleigh. And the way MG coaches, there is always going to be the feasibility of being a dangerous tourney team no matter our starting position, so we really have two routes to a really good season, if you look at it that way.

Though by God, I really want to try going in the front door for a change. How about you guys?

Wufpacker
    Participant

Though by God, I really want to try going in the front door for a change.

This thread has been way too civil for my tastes. But BJD has (unknowingly?) pulled it from the ashes with a simple turn of phrase.

Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

Basketball will be fine by mid-February. Most folks will be on the ledge by mid-January.

Since74
    Participant

“This thread has been way too civil for my tastes.”

Patience. It’s off-season.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Though by God, I really want to try going in the front door for a change. How about you guys?

I second that. I’d like the only mystery to be whether we get a 3, 4 or 5 seed in the NCAA. After getting a double bye in the ACC of course.

Texpack
    Participant

The Final Four is here in H-Town, so I’d prefer a 2 seed for the big dance.

redisgood
    Participant

The Pack held a “secret scrimmage” against Richmond last week. By all accounts Cat and Terry Henderson were standouts in the game.

WolfInVolCountry
    Participant

Tangent… I was listening to Bomani Jones yesterday and he stated that the NC State coaching job was second rate and our 1983 NC was flukish. (This was all couched in a conversation about MFBD retreading the Miami job). I said WTF and looked him up and found he was a tarhole. F Bomani Jones.

StateFans
    Keymaster

If we can avoid injuries….then there Is no reason to believe we will be anything other than dangerous come March with our fifth straight NCAA Tournament appearance.

Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.