Cat Barber Officially Enters the NBA Draft

Home Forums All StateFansNation Cat Barber Officially Enters the NBA Draft

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    sentPackin

As of yesterday, Cat Barber has declared for the NBA draft. It’s not a huge surprise to the see the ACC leading scorer leave early, and we recognized
    [See the full post at: Cat Barber Officially Enters the NBA Draft]

Wufpacker
    Participant

Yeah…you might wanna double check your “not signing with an agent” sources.

mak4dpak
    Participant

Per Geoff Gravely, Barber will not test the draft, but is committed to be in the NBA draft.

redisgood
    Participant

Per Geoff Gravely, Barber will not test the draft, but is committed to be in the NBA draft.

Also as per Cat Barber. After consulting with (his) agent Sunny Shah.

PackofMac
    Participant

If my house was on fire I’d run like hell too regardless of how fast I was.

“one signee, all we have is one GD signee?”…………eh, no one’s listening anyway.

Texpack
    Participant

Good luck to Cat. The young man worked his tail off to get better every year and making first team All-ACC in a 37 team league is a serious accomplishment. I think he can still improve quite a bit. He needs to get better from 3pt land and get a bit stronger, but his speed and ball skills are really good already. Hopefully he gets paid well in Europe while he refines his game so he can spend some time in the NBA.

rtpack24
    Participant

This was determined last summer and nothing changed. DJS is an excellent point guard and if healthy will do a super job problem will be he is one and done.

PapaJohn
    Participant

Best of luck, Mr Barber. And thank you!
    Everybody move along, no surprise here. This was the right decision for him. His draft stock will not get higher unless he can impress in camp.

Agree he’ll probably struggle to make an NBA team, but he’ll get a nice check for a while. I would think he could make a nice career on the world tour. He and TL would make a great guard combo in Italy, see the sites, eat some pasta. It’s looks like a good life.

WolftownVA81
    Participant

Thanks Cat for everything and all your effort. I remember seeing him warm up with the team on a visit before you came and thought how is this tall skinny kid going to be a point guard for us. But he really did put forth the effort to improve his game and strength. I wish him the best.

ryebread
    Participant

No surprise here at all. The rumor is that Cat’s got an agent as well, so he won’t be coming back. That’s seemingly been the case every since we signed DSJ.

Congrats to Cat. This was a contract year and I think he did everything he could have given our personnel, system and coaching to make himself as marketable as possible.

I thank him for his time playing for NC State and wish him lots of success in whatever comes next. I hope for him and us that is the NBA.

travelwolf
    Participant

After such a bad year, here is my prediction… Gottfried wins COY next season. Abu will have a killer jump shot – he reminds me a lot of Len Bias, who somehow evolved into a superstar in the summer between his sophomore and junior years. Anya will lose weight and have an offensive game from more than 2 ft. from the basket. We do need to recruit one more big man – preferably > 7 ft so that our big’s have some practice shooting against stop blockers.

This year we were one man short of having a decent year.

Gott can develop guards well, but he has problems developing big’s. Fix that and we’ve got a good team. Expectations are way down… time to beat them.

Since74
    Participant

WTF wrong with Barack Obama?

Good luck Cat, and remember
    Just be Cat.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.