Byting college BBall’s decline + Sunday’s Tourney preview & open thread

Home Forums All StateFansNation Byting college BBall’s decline + Sunday’s Tourney preview & open thread

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    StateFans
    Keymaster

Well, if you ever wondered about the deterioration of college basketball then trying to watch some of yesterday’s games should jolt you into reality.
    [See the full post at: Byting college BBall’s decline + Sunday’s Tourney preview & open thread]

Wulfpack
    Participant

We should not be talking junk about other conferences when only two ACC teams remain in this thing.

UNC must be living right. They survive Providence. Then get an injured ISU. And if they win, they get UCONN as the Huskies beat Nova. Red carpet is out for the Heels to advance to the Elite 8.

I sincerely hope UVA wins to set the matchup with Michigan State. That would be an awesome defensive game that I hope we can see.

StateFans
    Keymaster

The ACC doesn’t have be doing great for me to take a position on the weakness of the Atlantic 10.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Rings pretty hollow considering we lost to an A10 team that had a guy playing on one leg.

eas
    Participant

I’m just glad Syracuse lost, especially to Archie! I absolutely cannot stand Syracuse, Kentucky and UNC. Too be frank I hate Syracuse and Kentucky the most almost totally due to there arrogant, full of $hit, A-hole coaches. UNC is for obvious reasons but I do admit (although shamefully) I do pull for the Holes over Syracuse.

Yes the ACC is not looking to well in the Tournament at the moment.

One more time, Way to go Archie!!!!!

highstick
    Participant

It started declining long ago…a long time ago! At least the Harlem Globetrotter games are funny!

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

StateFans
    Keymaster

2pm EST — Everytime I look up Kansas has a ball rimming out or just barely clanging off the rim. Wiggins just missed a lay up. Freaky

PackFamily
    Participant

The schitzo analysis of Gott is crazy. Plenty of voices on here when we made the tourney were praising him. Now, there is again talk of firing him, buying him out, etc. I realize these are different voices on each side, but come on.

Tuffy2
    Participant

Gott takes us to 3 straight NCAA tourn and you really think there should be talk of firing the man? Yes, defense is not one of his strong points among a few others but please!

JohnGalt78
    Participant

Alert: PJ HAIRYSTONE apparently found a gun on the side of the road in Chapel Hell. Whole f’ing place on lockdown.

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

The schitzo analysis of Gott is crazy. Plenty of voices on here when we made the tourney were praising him. Now, there is again talk of firing him, buying him out, etc. I realize these are different voices on each side, but come on.

Agreed. Maybe it is the excruciating way that the team lost on Thursday, but the reality is that Gottfried took a team that lost almost all of its scoring, all of its upperclassmen save Vandenberg and managed to exceed what many people said was their ceiling.

Next year, most everyone from this team is returning. Losing TJ Warren is of course a concern, but with Washington/Freeman, we should be okay, especially as they will be a year older, stronger and smarter.

That’s not going to get any coach bought out. Getting fired is crazy talk.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Ugh, Kentucky.

eas
    Participant

+1, yuck Kensucky…Cal is on the phone at the moment with Raleigh working in another raise.

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

Me, I am glad to see Wichita State gone. I got tired of hearing how great they are…far as I am concerned, they were a 3rd or 4th place ACC quality team playing in a weak conference. Southern Illinois and Missouri State? Yeah, that’s some top flight conference competition.

TheCOWDOG

Shocker fans are calling for heads over that time out.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Me, I am glad to see Wichita State gone. I got tired of hearing how great they are…far as I am concerned, they were a 3rd or 4th place ACC quality team playing in a weak conference. Southern Illinois and Missouri State? Yeah, that’s some top flight conference competition.

Did you watch them play this year?

Packzingo
    Participant

I find it comical that anyone can even complain about Gott after the past 20+yrs of Les, Herb and Sid……… Certainly plays and personnel are easy
    marks to point out “after” the game, I do it all the time!!

So whats the latest on BB recruits? Any talk on Juco options? Big’s?
    The Wolfpack has taken it on the chin in all sports over the past few days, anything of encouragement out there?

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

^Few of the several hundred posts during/after the St. Louis game call for Gott’s firing. Probably 2-3 posters, tops.

Concerning Wichita State, that’s a top 4 team without question. If you saw KY play FL, they looked good in that game. Preseason #1 in a lot of polls, they played their tails off tonight. Wichita State likely wouldn’t have run through a major conference undefeated, but they’d still have found themselves seeded highly. I hate the late game timeout, especially if you’re only leaving yourself 3-4 seconds to get a shot. Early needed to touch the ball.

MISTA WOLF
    Participant

@PackZingo

There’s a transfer from Temple we are after. Hell of a ball player by the way. Last name is Lee. First name has escaped me.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Wichita State was legit. They played great today. Kentucky was just a possession better. Kentucky is going to give Lville all they can handle, and more.

Heels lost, hurray. The ACC is having an abysmal tourney. UVA is our only hope. If they find a way today, Izzo and Michigan State await in a defensive battle.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Yes ISU.

MrPlywood
    Participant

@Packzingo – State has a newly minted wrestling National Champion, Nick Gwiazdowski.

http://www.statefansnation.com/2014/03/nc-states-gwiazdowski-wins-national-title/

Wulfpack
    Participant

Crazy tourney stat – First time since 1979 that no team from NC advanced to the Sweet 16.

13OT
    Participant

5 down, 1 to go for Swofford’s “new ACC”!

Wulfpack
    Participant

5 down, 1 to go for Swofford’s “new ACC”!

People say this, but fail to explain exactly how it is his fault.

And if it weren’t for Cuse and Pitt, this league would have REALLY stunk.

This will be the best basketball league in the land.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.