Bowling?

Home Forums StateFans Football Bowling?

Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    TheCOWDOG

Christmas at Blounts Creek thru New Years, full house til in the words of John Prine…”til Mr. Peabody’s hauls it AAway.”

jay95
    Participant

Was at the Peach Bowl against ECU, underground Atlanta was quite the site on New Year’s Eve, losing to EZU took some of the fun away. Went to the Belk Bowl one year, much better result but not near as much fun.

Class of 95

wirogers
    Participant

I am with you Mr. Dog. I learned to ski on Blounts Creek with I think his name was Billy Bob Hopkins and as with you spending the Christmas to New Years week just north of you in Bear Grass enjoying life. Might go somewhere to watch the game but not traveling to LA for the game.

FergusWolf
    Participant

I went to 2 Peach Bowls in the late 80’s (Virginia Tech loss, Iowa win) as a member of the “Power Sound of the South”.

I was 21 at the Iowa game, most of my buddies were not. We walked into a restaurant and I was able to order a long island iced tea, and didn’t get carded. My friends went 1 by 1 to the bar, and each got carded an denied.

But don’t worry, we had plenty to drink back at the hotel.

Adventuroo
    Participant
      ‘B’RER ‘ROO’S YARD BOWL…
      12/26/16

Pregame: 3:00pm
      Kickoff: 5:00pm
      Gameover: around 8:30pm… if the Pack wins… otherwise, earlier…
      Most everybody back home: before 11:00pm

Work the next day, if you GOTTa go… not a big deal…

Why Not???

Still trying to set up a website to sign up. Wife says she has first right of refusal. Don’t worry about the “Privacy Agreement”….the outside firm that will do a credit check and also a “records” check said it was “innocuous”. Please make sure the Credit Card numbers (two required due to HOA rules on “casual guest”)….again….just a formality…

I DID have one relative ask me if I was going to LA? They have some nice CF seats due to social connections. They have NOT, I think though, actually been to a BOWL Game….and that is where their lack of worldliness shows. Their lavish tailgates at CF are extensions of their neighborhood “social” gatherings. Stock tips, skin care, pet care, etc are the topics of discussion.

They DO drink, though, so they have some redeeming personalities and one of the ladies bought a “cooler” or something like that is is the “Swiss Army Knife” of coolers. She then researched the company. Bought the stock for say $10….and it is at $100….never KNOW where a financial opportunity will present itself…

I will NOT go into details about missing the “boat” on robotic surgery….some 9 years later, the stock has quintupled…..and me and my Urologist are still having a beer on the dock…as he, too, “Waited for it to drop back and consolidate”….

Will post the Website URL when it is running….the guys in tech support in Albania say it will just take a few more days…

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^For those unwilling or unable to clear B’rer ‘Roo’s HOA security team….

We’ll have a shuttle bus, of sorts, running undercover from nearby….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    GoldenChain
    Participant

BC beating Wake and both being bowl eligible means a race to the bottom.
    I’m thinking the Fort Apache, Maryland, or Shreveport. All sh!tty places to play a college bowl game.

Just pointing out that I called this. However I think we did draw an opponent with equally stellar cerdentials. We might actually beat them unlike MSU last year.

TheCOWDOG

Watchable game, GC.

Greywolf
    Participant

Reading this and other sites about how awful it is to be playing Vandy in Shreveport reminds me of the father complaining about his ugly daughter’s fiancee (or is it financee.) She’s ugly, has no social skills, no tits, nothing and he’s complaining about her future husband not being good enough for her.

You want to visit Annapolis? Book a trip and go but don’t complain because the football team wants to play an SEC opponent. IMO Vandy is a good match up for State. Either team could win and both expect to.

I just saw the thread about what’s wrong with the defense and opened it with my hair on fire. Oh, it’s about basketball. You take it Rick. (Rick and I have something in common. He watched 30 minutes of football. I watch about that much basketball. I just can’t stand to watch piss poor defense.)

Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.