Beyond the bye, into The Abyss

Home Forums All StateFansNation Beyond the bye, into The Abyss

Viewing 21 posts - 101 through 121 (of 121 total)
  • Author
    Rick
    Keymaster

Two teams without their starting QB beat us and we are blaming the loss of a corner back?

tjfoose1
    Participant

No. No one blamed the loss of a cornerback. No one blamed anyone or anything. If you were paying attention, you would have noticed that no one even mentioned a cornerback.

What was being discussed was the injury to a safety, the leader of the defense who called the plays and made the pre snap adjustments. What was discussed was insight as to what prompted the sudden momentum change and factors that contributed to the defense giving up 21 points in the 2nd quarter after shutting them down in the first.

It was explicitly noted, on several occasions, that it did NOT explain the offensive issues that were major contributors to the loss.

Feel free to continue to play your game, though. But from your post the other day, I thought you were making yourself scarce because of all this drivel.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Btw, unrelated – for those wondering about Bo Hines, he had 6 receptions for 68 yds in Game 1 before going out with a shoulder injury. According to a recap of Yale’s last game, he hasn’t play since.

Rick
    Keymaster

Feel free to continue to play your game, though. But from your post the other day, I thought you were making yourself scarce because of all this drivel.

Actually, since you seem to want to clarify things, I said I rarely post anymore. And you are right your acidic drivel is one of the reason.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

I’d say that Pratt’s play overall was very germane to the loss.

ryebread
    Participant

There was plenty of blame to go around in that last loss. We can’t lay it all on one guy who was pressed into service and as unprepared (for whatever reason that is). I don’t think anyone is.

If anything, having one guy go down and cause that sort of impact just shows you where the program is. The replacement is either too young, not prepared mentally, not knowledgeable enough, doesn’t have the right physical assets, hasn’t had enough real reps to handle the pressure or some combination of these factors (and maybe something else).

To me, that’s also a sign of youth. In college or high school football, when your best talent is young, then I think the team is going to struggle. The NFL is different and that’s more position by position.

What that also tells me is that we may be in for a bumpy year next year as well. Even if we come on strong late in recruiting (which I kind of expect we will), those guys are going to be young. People should keep this in mind when thinking about their expectations for the season.

Note, this isn’t the UNC spin of the consistently youngest team in America. I don’t hear (at least at this point), the staff saying that. It’s just something to be mindful of — the recruiting class rankings based on graduation year, and the notable differences in those rankings by year.

tjfoose1
    Participant

scarce
    adjective
    scarc·er, scarc·est
    Insufficient to meet a demand or requirement; short in supply: Fresh vegetables were scarce during the drought.
    Hard to find; absent or rare: Steel pennies are scarce now except in coin shops.

tjfoose1
    Participant

And you are right your acidic drivel is one of the reason.

I understand, you don’t like it when people don’t agree with you. And it has been a while since you’ve been a d!ck around here, so it musta been tough on you. It’s ok, I can handle it. Get it all out.

tjfoose1
    Participant

To me, that’s also a sign of youth. In college or high school football, when your best talent is young, then I think the team is going to struggle.

It takes 3-4 years to establish a new culture and consistent leadership to develop. On the latter, losing Jacoby will hurt, but if the coaches are doing their job, the void will be filled. Next year will be more telling. Yow will extend the contract or cut bait by end of 2017.

Rick
    Keymaster

And it has been a while since you’ve been a d!ck around here

Wish I could say the same about you.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

I don’t think this is getting enough attention. Without the injury, State beats VT.

– foose

No. No one blamed the loss of a cornerback. No one blamed anyone or anything

– foose

This level of contradiction coming from someone so hell bent on “facts”.

And by the way, not a single person in this thread has called for DD to be fired now or at the end of the season. Being called out for looking like your in over your head in the woeful ACC the past 3 seasons doesn’t equate to calling for a termination. I’m well aware that would hurt the program. Here’s to hoping DD is capable of learning from experience and adapting.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Hi Troll, how you doing?

I see no contradiction. I never laid BLAME. I said one does not happen without the other. Perhaps it’s a nuance you don’t understand.

It started a sequence of cascading events that never start w/o the injury. Sometimes things are a little more complicated than a simple linear AB equation. There’s a difference between cause and effect, cascading events, and BLAME.

And by the way, not a single person in this thread has called for DD to be fired now or at the end of the season.

True. What’s your point?

tjfoose1
    Participant

Wish I could say the same about you

Oh well, we can’t have everything we want.

But you’ve made comments yourself, as have other admins, albeit in a friendly jab sort of way, that being such seems to be somewhat of a common occurrence with you, almost to a point of being a character trait.

There was a time when it seemed you had gotten into a pages long pissing contest with almost every regular poster on this site. You frequently poked and prodded as if actively and intentionally trying to get something started. That was the ‘game’ I was referencing. It’s was all too recognizable.

Anyway, I was just acknowledging the lapse.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Being called out for looking like your in over your head in the woeful ACC the past 3 seasons

Point of information, and only that. Not a jab. Doeren has only been on the job the PAST 2 seasons and for half the CURRENT season. That’s a big difference if doing a coaching assessment, and also important in that he’s only had 2 full recruiting classes.

tractor57
    Participant

This pissing contest is why my coming here are becoming rare.

pakfanistan
    Participant

TheCOWDOG

Paki…best efforts can’t hide what is just below the surface.

Like a blocked pore,the zit must form.

…Or, one might use the analogy…

“Some pots don’t have the slightest clue that they are black.” White would work,but who’s got a white kettle?

mak4dpak
    Participant

Crossland Studios is a nice place to stay. Been there before, and approx. 2 miles or less from the stadium, in case anyone was considering staying there. Hate to wait a week for the game, but it will be worth it with a win. Hope the Deacs can find a way to knock off those holes, in Chapel Hell, this weekend.

Rick
    Keymaster

I don’t think this is getting enough attention. Without the injury, State beats VT.

– foose

No. No one blamed the loss of a cornerback. No one blamed anyone or anything

– foose

And by the way, not a single person in this thread has called for DD to be fired now or at the end of the season. Being called out for looking like your in over your head in the woeful ACC the past 3 seasons doesn’t equate to calling for a termination. I’m well aware that would hurt the program. Here’s to hoping DD is capable of learning from experience and adapting.

LOL. Someone got nailed.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

I see no contradiction. I never laid BLAME. I said one does not happen without the other. Perhaps it’s a nuance you don’t understand.

I bet you don’t. You’re just so far more advanced than anyone else that words and their meaning no longer even apply to you. You’re certainly special. lol just stop

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

That’s probably enough for this thread.

Viewing 21 posts - 101 through 121 (of 121 total)
  • The topic ‘Beyond the bye, into The Abyss’ is closed to new replies.