BeeJay Anya to the rescue!!! #CardiacPack

Home Forums All StateFansNation BeeJay Anya to the rescue!!! #CardiacPack

Viewing 15 posts - 51 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    Pack78
    Participant

Confession time-I gave up and went nighty-nite with about 4 minutes left-after 40+ years following our wuffies I should know better-Go Pack!

BJD95
    Keymaster

I may have given up, but there was no tomorrow, I was already going to be hungover, and maybe just maybe I had a voice in the back of my head reminding me this was LSU and not Duke (or a behemoth like Boston College, for that matter).

Rick
    Keymaster

And really, please do understand the “group therapy” aspect of game threads. For many of us, we just need to get it all out, and yelling at the teevee box only gets you so far.

Wow, and yell I did. My throat is raw, from the mad yelling to the celebration shouts. Now I even have a killer cough on top of that, and I can’t even drink whiskey anymore. Consider that my divine punishment. :D

This.
    The win was part relief part thrill. Let’s just point Villanova Saturday and be done with it.

Rick
    Keymaster

Confession time-I gave up and went nighty-nite with about 4 minutes left-after 40+ years following our wuffies I should know better-Go Pack!

I usually do the same but I just could not give up this tine.
    Glad I did.

highstick
    Participant

I hope last night broke my jinx on watching. I went to the bedroom at halftime(didn’t watch any of the first half), turned on the TV, was reading the newspaper and halfway listening to the game. A run of a few points, then lose a little, another run, backup again, another run, backup…I finally put the newspaper down at the 7 minutes to go mark and said “well, show me what you got, Pack”! They kept inching forward at a snail’s pace, the the Coonasses couldn’t buy a basket, but we threw up a few bricks and I wasn’t very hopeful and when that final shot went in with .1 left on the clock, my immediate thought was “Deja Vue, 1983 all over again! Way to go, Pack. You guys can play if you’d give it 110% every minute of the game!

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

PapaJohn
    Participant

“Quarterman did a real good job on Lacey. He got it to me and I thought it was time for me to shoot. Trevor asked for it back, but he had his turn. It was my turn to shoot.”

Somebody print a T Shirt!!! This is one of the great quotes in Pack history, right up there with the many, many pearls V left us with.

I listened to the interview and couldn’t believe my ears. So funny!!

I look forward to the next couple of years of his post game comments.

PapaJohn
    Participant

And really, please do understand the “group therapy” aspect of game threads. For many of us, we just need to get it all out, and yelling at the teevee box only gets you so far.

Thanks for pointing that out BJD & Rick. I am very guilty of giving up multiple times in some games and threatening to kill Refs, opposing players, our players, and our coaches. So far, I have neither given up on the Pack (for more than a day) nor killed anyone (so far as you know).

It’s an emotional game and the Pack makes it really hard to watch sometimes. So we vent. But that ember of hope never completely burns out until the clock runs out on that last game of the season. And then a day later, I’m dreaming of the next season.

WolfWiz11
    Participant

Honestly, sports would be no fun if I was full of hope and confidence for an entire 40 minutes. Imagine being a Kentucky fan this year. Sure, your team will probably win it all, because they win everything. But how boring must it be at times? The rollercoaster makes it special. Couldn’t care less if Kentucky went undefeated, watching their games is a drag; they’re putting a damn NBA team on the court every game. I’ll take my Cardiac Pack and vent and cheer on the boards for 40 minutes.

Daniel_Simpson_Day
    Participant

I purposely fell asleep in my chair right after tip hoping to wake up with about 10-15 minutes to go. My plan worked perfectly except when I woke up and saw we were down 12 I couldn’t bear keeping myself awake through another loss knowing it would be well after 1 before I was able to get back to sleep.

I watched the last 5 minutes during my lunch break, and I couldn’t help but wonder, what does LSU’s coach say to his players after that game? I mean, that is an epic choke job; can’t imagine what kind of positive spin you can put on that as a coach.

Pack85EE
    Participant

Final comments on Abu’s hand. Watching it close each time they showed it, one angle makes it look like he clearly was a few inches from the ball. It wasn’t needed but we should give Abu one more star for his performance. He was in the right spot, poised to tip the ball back in and did not move his hand forward unnecessarily. We are going to enjoy these bigs for a couple more years.

But we do need to get the next wave of recruits coming.

JeremyH
    Participant

poor Buffalo. I would not want to be playing West Virginia again.

MrPlywood
    Participant

The Abu play was closer than I thought, but he didn’t touch it. I was going to post some screenshots from the N&O video, but then I found this definitive look. The angle is everything. Very cool!

And props to Lacey, once he realized that KH was going to take the shot, he got into position for a rebound.

If anyone can get that Vine to post, please do.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/game-winner-or-goaltending–nc-state-s-final-shot-a-close-call-053347360.html

JeremyH
    Participant

Buffalo roaring back.

Duke alumni making a comeback this year, with Laettner and his special/commercials, and Hurley with his Bison.

JeremyH
    Participant

Once I knew he didn’t touch it, it was moot how close he got, in my mind : ) But I guess the media needs to keep interesting story lines going. That said, excellent judgement on his part to pull back his hand when he did.

Most importantly, the best part of these videos is the reaction of people in the background. Like the reaction of the cheerleaders when that player’s shorts hit the floor. Priceless.

ancsu87
    Participant

SMH

Viewing 15 posts - 51 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.