BeeJay Anya to the rescue!!! #CardiacPack

Home Forums All StateFansNation BeeJay Anya to the rescue!!! #CardiacPack

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    Tau837
    Participant

There are many fans here who are far too willing to jump on the players and/or the coaching staff at a moment’s notice. It seems that a lot of fans actually want the team to fail.

That is not how true fans should behave. It is fine to be frustrated, but fans should be able to follow the team without constant serious negativity.

choppack1
    Participant

Bill – don’t say “y’all” – I thought we played hard if not smart most of 2nd half. Half of life is answering the bell right?

We answered it – really like we did no other time this season. Now we get to enjoy the NCAA for the next 36 or so hours.

But moments like tonight are why we endure the heartbreak. Right?

burnbarn
    Participant

nice to see Thurl!!!

Wufpacker
    Participant

There’s a Pack fan behind the EWU bench in Portland.
    Way to represent…whoever you are.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

There’s a Pack fan behind the EWU bench in Portland.
    Way to represent…whoever you are.

Yeah I just saw that too. Cool! Maybe there’s a jumbotron there and that fan was able to see Anya’s shot.

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

I agree with Tau and Chop. Many of us (me included at times) need to temper our tempers during game threads.

I tried to stay positive tonight. We hung in there and did what needed doing, and yes, we were lucky. But if any of us think those coaches and players weren’t doing their level best, then they haven’t met many college athletes or coaches.

Wufpacker
    Participant

I agree with Tau and Chop. Many of us (me included at times) need to temper our tempers during game threads.

Yes, I agree as well.

RedReid
    Participant

I have been trying to keep an eye on Kyle’s demeanor in the last 5-10 games. It seems to me he has kept his head up and not been a “cancer” to the team. He got his shot in a big moment tonight and came through. Kyle is going to be an asset to our program, he seems positive. We need all of our players to continue to improve. The future is bright. Go pack!

tractor57
    Participant

^^ This is why I do not post during a game. Emotions run hot and cold (often within 30 seconds). I dozed off during the first half but rallied as the second started. I saw two teams with effort and the will to win. Of course only one could be the winner and all through the second half the Pack stayed around, cut the lead then at the end slipped in the dagger. Regardless who won it was an example of what the tournament should be. Effort, failings and a last second shot for the win. This time it fell the Pack’s way.

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

Regardless who won it was an example of what the tournament should be. Effort, failings and a last second shot for the win. This time it fell the Pack’s way.

And that could well be how it ends on Saturday for us.

Sometimes you’re the bug, sometimes you’re the windshield.

I do feel great for Raulston Turner, even if he didn’t have a great game. You know he wanted this one bad.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

I agree with the sentiment. The biggest frustration for me is it’s very clear that this bunch would lay down for one another and gott. But you’ve got to take that love and special bunch of parts, push them, and refine it into a well oiled machine. I don’t see that, win or lose most nights. I want cats toughness and fearlessness in everybody, a recognition of roles by everyone not named Lenard, and a little discipline. Gimme that and you gott something that can really dance

theghost
    Participant

I don’t care what else happened, just nice to be on the right side of one of those for once. Go Pack! Pig Sooie!

Wufpacker
    Participant

Wow, looking at that alt angle (N&O vid), I’m still not postive Abu didn’t touch that ball in the cylinder. Either way tho, even if he did, I’d say we were due for a goal tending no call to go our way.

choppack1
    Participant

Hey – one thing that won’t show up on the box score is a the good d on Hornsby. He got 1 good look all night and 3 of his 8 were on a banked 3. (And on a side note I have never seen the team who benefitted from the dreaded banked 3 lose.)

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Just in case:

Game replay

MrPlywood
    Participant

State won or LSU lost? He said, she said. IMO State lost the first half, big time, giving points away left and right. Poor passes, bad shots, etc., etc. LSU crumbled in the second. That’s basketball. Survive and advance indeed.

Now get your heads right boys. Hopefully all the jitters are gone. Might I suggest that you find Abu early and often. BJ too. I see glimpses of what could be.

JeremyH
    Participant

thanks wufpup76, wanted to rewatch the last 5 min : )

you know I don’t think Abu had the opportunity to tip it in / goaltend. its like there was some sort of magnetic force pulling that one into the goal. so fortunate.

ancsu87
    Participant

This thread is missing the key master troll from the game thread. I get it – you HATE Gott but for the love of God just enjoy a win by your school in March Madness.

I recall during and after the Providence game in 1983 Tournament people talking about Vslvano bring in above his head, sucks as coach, he will get one or two more years at most. I did not like then and I don’t like it now.

If you want a new coach please explain to me who you go after and how you get him? What is your plan? You think if we let Gott go after 4-4 making the tournament and a strong experienced team
    coming back that anyone would get us a look basis Gott’s relationships in the business?

Wufpacker
    Participant

smh
    *sigh*

JeremyH
    Participant

I just noticed that it was Washington that neutralized Mickey.

Texpack
    Participant

Wow, looking at that alt angle (N&O vid), I’m still not postive Abu didn’t touch that ball in the cylinder. Either way tho, even if he did, I’d say we were due for a goal tending no call to go our way.

The over head angle showed space between Abu’s hand and the ball. Live I was expecting to see it waved off.

BJD95
    Keymaster

We can all be very, very thankful (once again) that Abu is such an intelligent, thoughtful young man. He didn’t let instinct take ALL THE WAY over.

Had we lost on basket interference, I would have broken everything in my house.

BJD95
    Keymaster

And really, please do understand the “group therapy” aspect of game threads. For many of us, we just need to get it all out, and yelling at the teevee box only gets you so far.

Wow, and yell I did. My throat is raw, from the mad yelling to the celebration shouts. Now I even have a killer cough on top of that, and I can’t even drink whiskey anymore. Consider that my divine punishment. 😀

Fastback68
    Participant

I was deeply offended by the game thread……….

when someone said the Canadian girl’s Molsons were not real. There is probably a language barrier so I will volunteer 30 days of intensive, physical testing.

Ever since Kyle was 5-10 from 3 pt land for the season, I have wondered why the team has not designed specific plays for KW to shot the 3. Kyle deserves a big slap on the back since he carried this team for a long stretch last night. Did anyone see the guys surrounding Dez Lee after the game? His eyes were sweating. It’s not over yet, Mr. Lee. Enjoy!

BJD95
    Keymaster

Des is very popular. He is Cat’s best friend, and Cat can’t be particularly easy to best friend, given that he never speaks or changes facial expression.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 65 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.