Basketball Recruiting Update

Home Forums All StateFansNation Basketball Recruiting Update

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Bsim412
    Participant

It’s summer time and NC State basketball recruiting is a hot topic for many Pack fans. The 2015 class could still add two more pieces in Maverick Rowa
    [See the full post at: Basketball Recruiting Update]

Wufpacker
    Participant

Ya gotta dig those consensual top 10 players. Probably less of a transfer risk too I’d imagine. 😉

theTHRILL
    Participant

^Guys like that transfer to the NBA.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Indeed. However my remark re: transfers was intended to be more a tongue in cheek response to “consensual”. As in, not forced to commit.

Tough room.

Pack85EE
    Participant

Sorry Wufpacker, I had to think about that one too hard.

I read one review that said Papagiannis was a one and done type player. If that’s true, I assume he is going to do more than provide depth. I would expect he would cut back on Anya’s minutes severely. I like Anya as much as the next guy but unlike some, I don’t think he will be NBA ready after his junior year. He’s still got to change his body and learn to be a force all the time on the court. But if we get Papa, we will have a much stronger front court than last year, with possibly 3 future NBA’rs to go along with the 1/2 dozen wings (sorry, lost count), and one great point guard.
    I say much stronger front court than last year because
    1. I expect Freeman, due to his youth to continue to improve at a good pace, 2. Abu to pick up where he left off at the end of the year, and then some, as that jump from Freshman to Sophomore year generally proves.
    3. Anya, I sure hope he is continuing to reform his body. We have not heard the reports this year like last year but I am assuming he is fighting to get better.
    4. Papa, is bigger than Washington and has been playing tough competition, playing full games and has been expected to score.
    Papa and Abu as the starting two would be very strong. And great depth from Freeman and Anya, both capable of being starters. But, since I think the team would be so great, I just know it can’t happen, so I’ll dream while I can.

Fastback68
    Participant

So in 2016 MAYBE – Abu?, Bam, Smith, Martins, Dorn, Kirk, Henderson, Anya, Freeman, Rowan?

SeaWolf72
    Participant

So in 2016 MAYBE – Abu?, Bam, Smith, Martins, Dorn, Kirk, Henderson, Anya, Freeman, Rowan?

Talk about counting your chickens. But it is off-season. Might as well add in Papa.

Pack85EE
    Participant

They should just go ahead and declare us 2016 preseason #1.

Pack85EE
    Participant

Just saw that we are on the final list of two for PAPA! Can it be true!!!

MrPlywood
    Participant

Where did you see that 85? I’ve seen Oregon mentioned a lot. (Oregon?) As well as others, with State sometimes listed and sometimes not. Most of the articles seem like wishful thinking, “what if” pieces.

freshmanin83
    Participant

According to our source, Papagiannis’ parents want him to go to college in the United States to gain more exposure. The source also says despite the long list of names attached to the Greek star, he has seemingly narrowed down his list to NC State and Oregon, and plans on visiting both of them in the near future. The NC State coaching staff feels like they are in good position to land Papagiannis, but we will have to see how this plays ou

http://packinsider.com/2015/06/24/georgios-papagiannis-down-to-two/

freshmanin83
    Participant

I have no idea if Papa will play for the Wolfpack or not but it is a nice thought to imagine Anya and Papa protecting the rim. It could be swatastic.

ncsu_kappa
    Participant

The sky fell and since then we have added Torin Dorn and Shaun Kirk and are in the mix for two high quality 2015 players. Not calling him the second coming of V but this guy Gott can scramble with the best in the business. Come on Papa G and Maverick Rowan.

My expectations even with these pieces are middle of the road ACC for next year but 2016 and beyond can be special, if not for the early departures / transfers.

Go get ’em Gott

jimi eno47
    Participant

Oregon vs NCSU …. remind Papa that Raleigh has 26 Greek restaurants & a Greek festival while Eugene can only of 4 Greek restaurants and pot … never mind. I still think NC STATE / east coast will be a better fit for the guy.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Oregon just lost out to a 5-star point guard who chose Kentucky. Maybe that was part of the Ducks equation.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

^^ I don’t know if that one works in our favor. They have Nike – the Greek goddess of victory.

mak4dpak
    Participant

Oregon is known for football, and NC State has a much better reputation for basketball, plus the ACC, so if he is smart, he will be playing for the Pack.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Let’s hope that the canuck choosing UK over Oregon takes some of the shine off the Ducks. The Pack are still, in my view, a program on the rise. And he will feel right at home, in the trenches with Frenchie! And who couldn’t help but love King Hippo and Abu? That would make for a truly Fearsome Foursome indeed.

newclass
    Participant

^^ I don’t know if that one works in our favor. They have Nike – the Greek goddess of victory.

Oregon just lost out to a 5-star point guard who chose Kentucky. Maybe that was part of the Ducks equation.

Oregon only had one scholly anyway and need Papa more than they needed Murray

newclass
    Participant

Rowan down to three schools.

Us
    St. Johns (two open schollys one for Rowan and One for Papa G.)
    and Wisconsin (one open scholly for rowan)

With the Bo Ryan Announcement Wisconsin is the long shot. We will get a visit in July.

Greece is going into Financial shut down. Papa G’s contract state he can only go to that state this year or leave for The NBA next year. With the very real possibility of not getting paid ANYTHING next year expect him state side.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Dorsey and Papagiannis dominate in FIBA World Championships

Hmmmm, Pappagiannis plays on the Greek U19 team with a guard committed to Oregon, 4 star Tyler Dorsey.

redisgood
    Participant

Kyle Washington will be joining almost Wolfpack player Gary Clark at Cinci. Good fit for him I think, and they should be a very good team this year.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.