Bare-Bones Pack/Ville Yum! Center Game Thread

Home Forums All StateFansNation Bare-Bones Pack/Ville Yum! Center Game Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 301 through 325 (of 353 total)
  • Author
    Heelh8r
    Participant

Black unis rest of the season … DO IT.

Good call. Diddn’t think of that

wufpup76
    Keymaster

OK kids, I’m out. Heading to Willows Beach in lovely Oak Bay, BC with a smile on my face. :)

Enjoy, good sir

redcanine
    Participant

Wow! I didn’t see this one coming.

Happy Valentine’s Day! I’m in the mood for love.

BJD95
    Keymaster

BC, yeah I am indeed jelly! Pacific Ocean AND Canada, can’t beat that.

I have a low enough opinion of humanity as it is, and that’s without a Twitter OR Facebook account. Yes, that is still technically legal, believe it or not. They haven’t come to take me away…yet.

Heelh8r
    Participant

So, I think we climbed our way back upon the bubble, in the conversation at least.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

So, I think we climbed our way back upon the bubble, in the conversation at least.

Both Pitt and State really tightened up the bubble zone for teams across the country today.

BJD95
    Keymaster

It’s a soft bubble year again. The teams on the periphery of contention really aren’t very good. That helps quite a bit. Like it did last season.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

So impressed by the young men in the paint tonight.They showed heart. And the young man Barber showed once again that he is, in fact, an ACC point guard. Credit Gott with plugging in the best lineup at the right times.. No, it ain’t over and there are battles to be fought, but tonight the naysayers can enjoy some baked crow for dinner…eat heartily and enjoy..Don’t ever give up…

choppack1
    Participant

Yep. Great heart by the team. Great job by the staff. Apparently, I am not allowed to watch these games. When I give up we play well, that factor is doubled when I watch less than half a game.

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

VaWolf said it in his latest article that it won’t take much for those on the bubble to move up, the question is who will. Lots of season left and one upset doesn’t change who this team is with all the bad habits they have. They were in this spot for a reason, lets not forget that. Enjoy the win and hope that the team learned something today that when you continue to attack the basket instead of jacking up quick shots then you improve your chances. Throughout the first half they’d revert to that bad habit and I was waiting for them to do it again several times in the second but color me shocked when they didn’t. Good for the team. Now go out there again and again and show you’ve truly learned it.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

It’s a soft bubble year again. The teams on the periphery of contention really aren’t very good. That helps quite a bit. Like it did last season.

State now has several things working in it’s favor that most bubble teams cannot match. Two top 15 rpi wins. One top 15 rpi win on the road. Top 5 strength of schedule. Eight top 75 rpi wins.

If State can somehow manage to go 3-2 over the final five games they’d be right there, again, on the bubble with more chances coming in the ACC tourny.

Rick
    Keymaster

No doubt about it, after beating Louisville, on their court, Gottfried certainly needs to be fired, because he can’t coach, and his team certainly doesn’t play defense. Great win, when the guys show up to play, we can beat anyone, anywhere. Again, when the team shows up, and does what they are coached to do. Go Pack!

Yeah, good idea calling out people. Cuz that always changes peoples minds.

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mak4dpak wrote:</div>
    No doubt about it, after beating Louisville, on their court, Gottfried certainly needs to be fired, because he can’t coach, and his team certainly doesn’t play defense. Great win, when the guys show up to play, we can beat anyone, anywhere. Again, when the team shows up, and does what they are coached to do. Go Pack!

Yeah, good idea calling out people. Cuz that always changes peoples minds.

Its also ignorant of the fact that when a team Gottfried recruited continuously doesn’t play hard and/or smart in games is a sign he is failing at part of his job.

TheCOWDOG

Turner took unrushed shots.
    The Martins behaved themselves.

My keys.

redcanine
    Participant

I’m very delighted with the win. Hell, I’m on cloud 9. Way to go, Pack! Great job, Coach Gott!

Just don’t schedule anyone outside the top 10 from now on! That’s when we fail.

Wofford @ Reynolds??? That fart lingers still. But I’m no Debbie Downer. Time to celebrate.

I swear, making free throws down the stretch is a powerful aphrodisiac.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^^ this….

and Anthony was Aggressive and Under Control at the same time…

and just as important to that… Anthony and the twins know it and how “GOOOOD” that feels…
    so I’m thinking we just gonna see more and more of this….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    TheCOWDOG

Jigs…I turned 61 yesterday. WTF happened to you, that has turned you in to such a crochety old f#ck?

🙂

choppack1
    Participant

I love that the team is driving to the basket. Turner needed the break his knees were bothering him. What was up with Washington?

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

from E$pin….

….(today’s win)… comes on the road. And it’s only the 3rd time since the turn of the century ( jiggs… that’s 2000 not 1900… )that the Wolfpack have picked up a road win vs an AP Top 10 squad. The other two instances came in the 2001-02 season under coach [HWNSNBM].

NC State Road Wins vs AP Top 10 – Last 15 Seasons
    Opponent Score
    Today 9 Louisville 74-65
    2001-02 4 Virginia 81-74
    2001-02 9 Syracuse 82-68

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Happy Birthday Cuz !

POP!

TheCOWDOG

I love engineers. I love pigs.

If I get down in the mud and argue with either of them…pigs and engineers…I always come to the conclusion that Engineers like it.

TheCOWDOG

Just remember this. It ain’t negative if it’s the truth.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Turner took unrushed shots.
    The Martins behaved themselves.

My keys.

Flow was the best I’ve seen it against high-level competition. Decision making was pretty good, composure was off the charts – thank you, Cat.

This win blows the doors off of HWSNBN’s wins in the ’01-’02 campaign mentioned in Bill’s post. They were good wins, but both of those teams were massively overrated at the respective times that State played them. We had to beat – you guessed it – Virginia in the opening round of the ACC tourny that season to really secure a bid. IIRC, Virginia went to the NIT that season and Syracuse barely squeezed in on the bubble (no pun intended … the Orange squeezed in, durr hurr)

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

Jigs…I turned 61 yesterday. WTF happened to you, that has turned you in to such a crochety old f#ck?

:-)

Not crotchety, just don’t let them affect me emotionally. I cheer, I swear I won’t bother wasting time on them and yet I still come back to watch every time. I’ve simply removed myself from it emotionally enough to recognize the same show over and over again to the point that one game doesn’t change the past results. Duplicate this effort, win or lose, and then I’ll start to get excited about what ifs.

Anyone who says they weren’t expecting this squad to blow the lead today is either lying or hopelessly delusional. Today it went there way, doesn’t mean they are right nor me wrong. This is a bubble team until they prove otherwise and as such there will continue to be ups and downs.

Someone took a pic of me the other day at the theater, this is my good side…

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

… except Pigs don’t know the difference…

My Pop was an “engineer”…
    and that’s why I wasn’t one.

Speaking of “mud”… Where the hell is Mr. Stick ??

Viewing 25 posts - 301 through 325 (of 353 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.